The Student Room Group

Not sure if I should switch GCSE Geography to Business Studies? (Year 9)

I am currently in year 9. In my school we move up after gcses have finished and so I move up to year 10 on Monday. I have selected my options as Geography, History, French and Computer Science however I am beginning to doubt my choice in Geo. Partly because I'm not even sure why I picked it - it just was the one I least hated I think. Also, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to do two essay topics. To add to this, it seems like Business Studies is really easy especially as you still do coursework. This would mean I would be able to focus more on other topics. Not that I would ignore BS. What do you think? Thanks.
Original post by hhorse01
I am currently in year 9. In my school we move up after gcses have finished and so I move up to year 10 on Monday. I have selected my options as Geography, History, French and Computer Science however I am beginning to doubt my choice in Geo. Partly because I'm not even sure why I picked it - it just was the one I least hated I think. Also, I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to do two essay topics. To add to this, it seems like Business Studies is really easy especially as you still do coursework. This would mean I would be able to focus more on other topics. Not that I would ignore BS. What do you think? Thanks.
I took geography and I'm still alive loool if you're really unhappy with it, there's nothing wrong with changing your options...I don't think other people can tell you what you should take though because it's about you so do whatever you're most comfortable with :smile:

Geography is awesome ur gonna love it ..Trust me im doing it for A-level next year thats how good it is ...its soo interesting

I did both business, geography and history so I know how you feel haha, imo business doesn't take much atall it's a very easy subject so if you wanted a chilled subject, choose this, However, I didn't think Geography demanded too much and I really enjoyed the subject it's nice to do both history and geography tbh, its up to you and if you think you would be able to cope
Reply 4
Original post by GCSE2016Troop
I did both business, geography and history so I know how you feel haha, imo business doesn't take much atall it's a very easy subject so if you wanted a chilled subject, choose this, However, I didn't think Geography demanded too much and I really enjoyed the subject it's nice to do both history and geography tbh, its up to you and if you think you would be able to cope

Ok thanks really appreciated :smile:
I think I'm going to stick with geo

Quick Reply

Latest