The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by j5994
someone please make an unofficial markscheme or post pictures of the paper coz i need to know how many marks i need in CHEM5 to bring my grade up to an E :'(

same:s-smilie: sad life
Any chance the last question was unanswerable? It wouldnt be the first time theyd messed a paper up. Has anyone got a correct answer yet?
Original post by girl :D
I spent so long trying to figure it out and then near the end i was **** it an just put 0 and 2:frown:

I'm afraid I think it was 1 and 2.
Original post by Capsicle102
There was a question like this in a previous paper in which the mark scheme answer was:
- Chlorine is more electronegative
- Chlorine draws electron density towards itself
- OH bond is weaker

Was that three marks?
What you had to indicate which isomer of cl you used?????????
Original post by RME11
The polyester polymer was stronger due to permanent dipole-dipole being a stronger IMF between chains than the polypropene's VDW forces - which is why it is better for stitches.

Ah sh*t, I said it was because the polyester would be broken down by hydrolysis in the body and so wouldn't have to be removed once the wound had healed as they'd naturally break down…..
Original post by Bailey2j09
they both had chlorine in them and so would both show a precipitate

Yeah but in a previous pass paper silver nitrate was used to distinguish between a long chained haloalkane and acylchloride don't know why it works but it does >_<
Original post by Sani Ej
Was that three marks?

I believe so :smile:
Interesting. It asked for why the PCG or whatever it was was better though. I put that the PCG thing had polar ester bonds, so was susceptible to attack by nucleophiles such as water, naturally occurring in the body, and this means the stitches will break down as the wound heals, so patients don't have to go back to the doctors to get stitches removed

Pretty much the same as I put! Maybe there will be alternative answers given on the markscheme, I've seen that done before
There was a question like this in a previous paper in which the mark scheme answer was:
- Chlorine is more electronegative
- Chlorine draws electron density towards itself
- OH bond is weaker

Ah okay, thanks!! hopefully i've got one mark at least but couldn't remember anything about what electronegativity actually did for it :s-smilie:
Original post by randoms132
I pretty sure it was 8 peaks for that c13 nmr question!

It was 9 - did you miss out the CH3 groups on the benzene (both in one environment) as I did initially and discovered my mistake>
Original post by Jessie253
i got 8 too

It was 9??
Original post by thehollowcrown
Lol the only reason i knew what suture meant was because i watched grey's anatomy instead of revising, ironic

Literally this is me. Watched all 12 seasons of greys anatomy in 2 months lmao and now look at me. Push one of Epi cuz dat exam nearly stopped my heart

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1013
Wait so i got a cl* radical in my fragmentation equation is that wrong as i used ch2ocl+ as my fragment ion as it adds up to 65 too
Original post by Hclarke9
It is!!

:beer: So is mine!!!
At least I've met (well spoken to) another Harry Clarke!
You're going to tell me your born in May or Bristol next!
Reply 1015
Q3f. WTF!?
Original post by Scarly9
Yeah but in a previous pass paper silver nitrate was used to distinguish between a long chained haloalkane and acylchloride don't know why it works but it does >_<

I put that you add water. With the acyl chloride, you get misty white fumes of HCl, but no visible change with the other one
Original post by HannahC-H
Ah sh*t, I said it was because the polyester would be broken down by hydrolysis in the body and so wouldn't have to be removed once the wound had healed as they'd naturally break down…..

I also said this
It was 8 peaks for the carbon-13 n.m.r one right? The first box?
Original post by Scarly9

I put add H20 and steamy white fumes of HCL will be seen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending