The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government and Politics Unit 3A and 4A Predictions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ChelseaGeek666
Law and order and environment will be short questions. I think fracking and/or wind for environment and maybe why prison population has increased for law and order.

Civil liberties for the 45 mark essay would be a dream.

Good luck today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck to you too!

What would you write for the fracking short question as we have not even come across it in class?
If it's about controversy, you would include earthquakes, industrialisation of countryside, short term nature of fracking.

If it's arguments for/against- then you would include economic benefits vs environmental disadvantages

Posted from TSR Mobile
No law and order 45 marker oh my god!!!!1
No surprising that. Wasn't really a current issues paper aside from academies. I chose: academies Q, agreements on law and order and strategies to reduce unemployment. Done the economics essay. Found it alright. Good luck in 4A- here's hoping for a Brexit question which I'm favour of or a sovereignty Q.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
No surprising that. Wasn't really a current issues paper aside from academies. I chose: academies Q, agreements on law and order and strategies to reduce unemployment. Done the economics essay. Found it alright. Good luck in 4A- here's hoping for a Brexit question which I'm favour of or a sovereignty Q.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did similar questions to you but I did crime statistics instead of reducing unemployment, how did you find the economy 45 marker feel like I waffled
Good choices! I revised environment and law and order only so did the 2 l+o 15 markers, 15 marker on environment and 45 marker on enviro. What did you write for the agreements on law and order question?

The questions for 4a will probably be about the EU institutions and how one is/isn't more powerful than another
Original post by Velbi4
I did similar questions to you but I did crime statistics instead of reducing unemployment, how did you find the economy 45 marker feel like I waffled

I found it alright. Was pushed for time though near the end so was bit of a rush. Timing is worse with Government and Politics. Was like Edexcel went into the archives with the crime statistics, reducing unemployment questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SilverHorsey
Good choices! I revised environment and law and order only so did the 2 l+o 15 markers, 15 marker on environment and 45 marker on enviro. What did you write for the agreements on law and order question?

The questions for 4a will probably be about the EU institutions and how one is/isn't more powerful than another

Did 3 paragraphs: prison working, Rehabilitation- tackling causes of crime; both labour and the conservatives broadly accepted that cuts needed to be made to the police force.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Velbi4

What did you write for crime stats Q?
Did 3 paragraphs: prison working, Rehabilitation- tackling causes of crime; both labour and the conservatives broadly accepted that cuts needed to be made to the police force.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the same but instead of prison working I talked about consensus to be tough on crime e.g. Michael Howards 27 point plan for the Tories then ASBOS, increased PP, punitive anti-terror measures for Labour
Reply 30
What did you write for crime stats Q?

I wrote about the different ways of measuring crime so the British crime survey, victim survey and official criminal statistics and how there is no clear way of measuring crime making the results controversial and bias. I also spoke about how some parties manipulate crime statistics in order to enforce authoritarian or liberal Law and order policies in crime 'hotspots' which is further enforced by the media e.g the London riots and the coalitions hardline policies
Original post by Velbi4
I wrote about the different ways of measuring crime so the British crime survey, victim survey and official criminal statistics and how there is no clear way of measuring crime making the results controversial and bias. I also spoke about how some parties manipulate crime statistics in order to enforce authoritarian or liberal Law and order policies in crime 'hotspots' which is further enforced by the media e.g the London riots and the coalitions hardline policies

Wow that sounds so good! I didnt write any of that fml! So got 0 marks for that question:frown:
Reply 32
I found it alright. Was pushed for time though near the end so was bit of a rush. Timing is worse with Government and Politics. Was like Edexcel went into the archives with the crime statistics, reducing unemployment questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Timing is an absolute killer especially with the 45 mark and yeah those two questions were quite odd but doable
I did the same but instead of prison working I talked about consensus to be tough on crime e.g. Michael Howards 27 point plan for the Tories then ASBOS, increased PP, punitive anti-terror measures for Labour

I tried to be as recent as possible. Been so much easier if it was to what extent is there a consensus on law and order policies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Wow that sounds so good! I didnt write any of that fml! So got 0 marks for that question:frown:

I'm sure you didn't get 0 marks but i only knew what to write because I revised law and order in way more detail then any other topic
Are you guys ready for unit 4?? I hope it will be a good paper like today!!
Original post by georgia-hughes
Are you guys ready for unit 4?? I hope it will be a good paper like today!!

Yeah ready for European politics. My last exam. So hope I can finish my a level political studies with a question along the lines: to what extent should the UK remain in the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah ready for European politics. My last exam. So hope I can finish my a level political studies with a question along the lines: to what extent should the UK remain in the EU.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even though I'm sure 99% of people sitting the paper on thursday are hoping for that question, do you not think that it would almost be too easy, like too predictable?
Original post by georgia-hughes
Even though I'm sure 99% of people sitting the paper on thursday are hoping for that question, do you not think that it would almost be too easy, like too predictable?

Yeah I guess. Hoping for a sovereignty question like was on June 2012. Good one to get stuck into. Feeling quite confident for EU paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
I think the EU paper will at least contain something along the lines of Brexit if not a brexit question. Maybe To what extent does the UK remain awkward towards the EU or something about the conservative party.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending