The Student Room Group

Edexcel French, Unit 4, 14th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lucy_123
Are you doing edexcel for spanish? If so which rbe are you doing??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I am! I'm doing "El coronel no tiene quien le escriba" by Gabriel García Márquez. Are you doing Spanish too? Which RBE? :smile:
Original post by jeevanr21
Yes I am! I'm doing "El coronel no tiene quien le escriba" by Gabriel García Márquez. Are you doing Spanish too? Which RBE? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lucy_123
I am, and I'm doing the Spanish civil war! So nervous !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't be you'll be fine! Shall we start a Spanish thread? I don't think there's one at the moment.

I think the key with history essays is to just make sure you know your facts inside out! And that you focus on what the question is asking rather than giving a general approach :smile:
Reply 63
Yup! :smile: Thank you! It is tough, I kind of forgot Spanish was a language until I started revising it again today :rolleyes:

I had to do 4 as my school doesn't do Spanish and I really wanted to take it so I do it outside school :smile: It's okay though. Yes it will be! I think you've earned it too! What are you up to next year?

I have a deferred entry so gap yah :P hopefully doing the typical travelling thing! Maybe putting French to good use.

Are you heading straight for uni?
Don't be you'll be fine! Shall we start a Spanish thread? I don't think there's one at the moment.

I think the key with history essays is to just make sure you know your facts inside out! And that you focus on what the question is asking rather than giving a general approach :smile:

Thanks for the advice, and I think that's a good idea :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elen90
I have a deferred entry so gap yah :P hopefully doing the typical travelling thing! Maybe putting French to good use.

Are you heading straight for uni?

Ooh nice! I hope you have something exciting planned! :smile: Have fun :biggrin: I think so, hopefully to do French & Spanish!
Reply 66
Which discursive essay question did people do?
Original post by Susfa
Which discursive essay question

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by anilmg98
OMG i used Said and HUBERT. I DIDNT KNOW you can use them aswell? As in like. U cant write much about them anyway????

I wanted to stay away from the main 3, so I said that Abdel is key for starting the cycle of violence and for showing the real issue of police brutality. Then I said that Samir shows the relationship between young people and the police but also gives us a balnced of view of the police, as he demonstrates that they're not all bad.

Loads of people in my class did Said and Hubert though
I did La Haine for the RBE.

I wrote about the policeman who tortures Said and Hubert and Vinz's friend who shoots the bouncer at the night club. For the policeman I wrote about how he symbolises the themes of violence and racism, and for Vinz's friend I wrote about when he shoots the bouncer in front of Vinz, theres a close up of Vinz's face and the audience can see that this shooting affects Vinz. He is shocked and the actions of this one man may influence Vinz's later decision not to kill the skinhead.

Does this sound alright?? I know a lot of people have written about Vinz, Hubert or Said but I avoided them because I thought they were main characters??
Reply 70
Is threat of terrorism valid argument against free circulation within EU?
Did anyone else do l'étranger for the RBE?
I did the EU discursive but my politics knowledge isn't great so I didn't use any statistics to support my points but I did give explanatory evidence such as explaining how tourism helps little businesses and that helps the economy etc do you think that's ok?
I did 2a, the one with the fireworks! Anyone else chose this one?
i did LA HAINE for my RBE, and I used Hubert and Said as my secondary Characters, in the introduction I made it clear that I thought Vinz was the primary character (Even though I know the three of them are main characters).

Do you think i will be penalised for this? I'm totally freaking out that i will be limited to a certain mark bracket because the marker won't consider Hubert & Said as secondary!!!
:cry2::cry2::cry2:

Please someone reassure me!!!!!!
Original post by bertolli1
I did the EU discursive but my politics knowledge isn't great so I didn't use any statistics to support my points but I did give explanatory evidence such as explaining how tourism helps little businesses and that helps the economy etc do you think that's ok?

I didn't use any stats either! How did people know to prelearn some? I just talked about different cultures, job conflicts, holidays, etc.
Guys, I did 2.b so the one where you continue the story. But I'm scared now because they say not many people do it, so I'm scared they will look negatively on it. Help
Original post by senpaipoppy
Guys, I did 2.b so the one where you continue the story. But I'm scared now because they say not many people do it, so I'm scared they will look negatively on it. Help

Don't worry at all! They definitely don't look on it negatively. They just acknowledge that the discursive essays are the most popular and most people choose them because the structure is more straightforward. In fact in some of the examiner reports they've highlighted some excellent examples of story continuations and creative essays - they're really good!
photo (2).JPG

hey everyone, my teacher just sent me a marked copy of the translation!
Reply 79
Could anyone tell me what the discursive essay questions were? Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest