The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Why initial rates were used question
The temperature would change would affect the rate so the rate will change so initials are used
Then for the graph initial question draw a tangent to line or curve with passing through point at 0 seconds and calcuate gradient
2 or 3 marks for this 2 questions
Start a petition

Original post by elcre
guys would it be silly to make an official complaint to aqa? Some questions were just not fair such as the stitches one. Aqa are really playing with lives, they changed the wording and format of questions for the chem unit 2 paper (chucked in isa & empa questions as well as one unit 5 question) & i let it go because i thought oh they mustve done it because its a resit paper but they have no excuse for this one.

Yes i absolutely agree with you the whole paper was a different style, very simple questions at times but they all were too time consuming which led to a lack of time to answer the huge 9 marker at the end which was slyly put in. A lot of the questions were simply stupid and i think a lot of people like me and you should be together on this. We should form a petition, will anyone be willing to do it with us and spread the word to all people?

posted from tsr mobile
Reply 1122
Original post by lahigueraxxx
OMG GUYS I asked for extra paper in the exam and I wrote down all of my information except for the date !!! This paper had most of the questions on it!! :frown: :frown: What will happen??

Did you speak to your exams officer about it, just let her/him know and they may fill it in for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by olivia7001
CH3-O-CH2-CH2-C(OH)(CH3)2
Did anyone else get this :frown:

Yes I got exactly that, and using the hnmr data deduced that it could only be that...then spent all my spare time trying to figure out alternate structures that didn't involve a tertiary alcohol...of which there were none.
Did everyone find it hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _newbe
It didn't that's a tertiary alcohol

your right! sorry!
Original post by Suits101
You don't get CE for acidified.

It's not in June 11 Q7(a)(ii) MS

Put AgNO3 initially but wasn't sure if the CH2Cl would form a white ppt. as well, so went with water to produce white misty fumes with the acyl chloride, any ideas if that'd score marks?
Original post by Stevesteve12
Any chance the last question was unanswerable? It wouldnt be the first time theyd messed a paper up. Has anyone got a correct answer yet?

Definitely answerable:

CH3-O-C(CH3)2-CH2-CH2-O-H
Original post by lishakb97
the range for a c=o bond is 1680-1750 though and there wasn't a peak there

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/aqa-chem-ins-jun15.pdf

**** me then!!!
I think this was a harder paper than previous years but still not too hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
was the answer nuclephilic substitution for 1 mark ?
Original post by Nancyeponine
There's no point the stitches one is a suggest so it's meant to be hard and it was on the syllabus anyway because the answer was it hydrolyses and so can he removed post surgery

Or, when it goes to landfill, it can be broken down quickly as a result of hydrolysis.
Original post by ishabennett
Anyone else here applied for medicine? Manchester specifically

Medicine yes *****ing myself now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Adami97
Lol! The questions really put me off. I'd say we're all in the same boat but...

Spoiler

At the rate I'm crying this boat will sink faster than the Titantic.

Spoiler

:rofl:
Mark scheme up anyone?
How did I even get 2nd order for both D and E -_-
I've just checked markschemes:

Why is chloroethanoic acid a stronger acid than ethanoic acid? (1)

1 mark for:

Cl is (more electronegative so) withdraws electrons
OR negative inductive effect of Cl

Second mark for:

Weakens O-H bond
OR reduced negative charge on COO-
OR stabilises COO- (more)

For distinguishing between P and Q:

Reagent: AgNO3 OR Na2CO3/NaHCO3 OR water/alcohol OR named indicator
P: no visible change/no reaction
Q: (white) ppt OR effervescence/CO2/fumes/exothermic OR fumes/smell OR acid colour

Words in brackets aren't needed
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by muzzbuzzyhahaha
What did you write for
Why is lidocaine hydrochloride rather than lidocaine preferred to be used in medicine?

Im guessing that lidocaine is more soluble compared to the salt which is actually can be injected or used like a cream as it is less soluble
Original post by Matt0Schaffer
No it didn't that's a tertiary alcohol.

Yeah I put that aswell and im sure its wrong considering the paper said it was about to turn acidified potassium diachromate green.
Original post by ELCRE
Did you speak to your exams officer about it, just let her/him know and they may fill it in for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've just sent my exams officer an email, I hope he gets it! Honestly everything was on this paper, even the 9 marker at the end which I think I got right :frown: :frown: why mee

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending