The Student Room Group

Predictions 15th June AQA CHEM unit 2 and 3 exam

Any predictions for unit 2 AQA GCSE CHEM unit 2 exam?

Scroll to see replies

For higher tier unit 2 most probably the empirical formula :frown:
Explain why scientists regarded a periodic table ofthe elements first as a curiosity, then as a useful tooland finally as an important summary of the structureof atoms?
Probably not a 6 marker on hydrogen fuels as we already did that in unit 1.
I'm guessing it may either be on making ammonia or trends in the periodic table
i think the 6 marker might be on gas chromotography
Is that unit 3?
Original post by onifernando
Explain why scientists regarded a periodic table ofthe elements first as a curiosity, then as a useful tooland finally as an important summary of the structureof atoms?

Is that unit 3?
no. ik what's going to be in the exam, had a lil bit of sneak peak :wink:
Original post by penelopecrux
no. ik what's going to be in the exam, had a lil bit of sneak peak :wink:

Really?
Original post by Adam_Armstrong
Really?

Adam, omg ur new, yep I'm known for giving what's on the tests. Look, all I'm saying is that u need to know the uses of exothermic reactions in c2.
Reply 10
Hello
Could someone tell me how much is worth a mark? 2 UMS points?
Adam, omg ur new, yep I'm known for giving what's on the tests. Look, all I'm saying is that u need to know the uses of exothermic reactions in c2.

Thanks, anything else?
Original post by Adam_Armstrong
Thanks, anything else?

Adam, i really can't tell you what's on the whole exam, just revise what I told u about, ok? AND GOOD LUCK, HOPE U GET A*!
Adam, i really can't tell you what's on the whole exam, just revise what I told u about, ok? AND GOOD LUCK, HOPE U GET A*!

Thanks 👍🏼
Reply 14
need help with unit 2 help!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by smitj893
need help with unit 2 help!!!!!!!!!!

What with?
Don't really understand electrolysis stuff and the positive ions going to negative electrodes like wtf
6 marker for C3 might be the cation and anion tests.
Do we have to remember how to work out moles and mass and yields?! I'm so bad at it since I'm dreadful at maths. Do we get formulas like in Physics?
Original post by thatnerdygirl001
Don't really understand electrolysis stuff and the positive ions going to negative electrodes like wtf

Just say that opposite charges attract each other and so positive ions go to the negative electrode and negative ions go to the positive electrode. You will get quite a lot of marks for saying that.

Also as electrons are negative charge, then the positive ions will gain electrons (be reduced) to become pure and negative ions will lose electrons (oxidised) to become pure.

Quick Reply

Latest