The Student Room Group

Raw vegan

This is the best way to live!

It's as simple as this. When you cook food is cooks out a lot of the nutrients. When you eat food raw you get all the nutrients nature intended you to have.

You live longer, become much healthier, and are just better all round. You look better and you can do more and you stay younger for much longer.

And vegan is simply the best because it lessens the suffering of animals! The more people be vegan, the less animals suffer (often horribly).

This is the best way to live. You'll be much better (in every way you can think about) and so will animals and other people.
Original post by King Scorchy

It's as simple as this. When you cook food is cooks out a lot of the nutrients. When you eat food raw you get all the nutrients nature intended you to have.

You live longer, become much healthier, and are just better all round. You look better and you can do more and you stay younger for much longer.

And vegan is simply the best because it lessens the suffering of animals! The more people be vegan, the less animals suffer (often horribly).

This is the best way to live. You'll be much better (in every way you can think about) and so will animals and other people.

[video="youtube;Yxs_mTRjLAU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxs_mTRjLAU[/video]
I'm vegan, not raw vegan. I went vegan purely because I don't support animal cruelty. Glad your raw vegan though and spreading advice to others:biggrin:
Original post by idontknowmedoyou
I'm vegan, not raw vegan. I went vegan purely because I don't support animal cruelty. Glad your raw vegan though and spreading advice to others:biggrin:

Thanks and that's really good - being vegan is really good (and says something about you as a person).

This is not actually true in a lot of cases. Many foods need to be broken down by heat in order for the body to get make use of the nutrients.
This is the best way to live! When you eat food raw you get all the nutrients nature intended you to have.

Certain raw vegetables are toxic, such as the cassava, although it becomes edible once cooked properly. The cassava provides a cheap and easy source of food for many poor people throughout the world. So raw veganism would most likely exacerbate nutritional deficiencies in many poor countries. So clearly not the best for everyone.

Some nutrients are actually only released when food is cooked, for example the pigment in tomatoes which promotes eye health (just like carrots) is only present in cooked tomatoes.
Reply 7
Original post by The Epicurean
Certain raw vegetables are toxic, such as the cassava, although it becomes edible once cooked properly. The cassava provides a cheap and easy source of food for many poor people throughout the world. So raw veganism would most likely exacerbate nutritional deficiencies in many poor countries. So clearly not the best for everyone.

Just because not everyone can do it, doesn't mean it's not in theory the best diet for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good for you mate

Now to get back to my spicy fried chicken wings because I'm an immoral monster
Original post by Serine Soul
Good for you mate

Now to get back to my spicy fried chicken wings because I'm an immoral monster

I wouldn't say you're an immoral monster just for eating meat. But personally, I feel that the less people eat meat, the less animals suffer. It's as simple as that.
Reply 10

It is healthy as long as it not mostly fruit based. Some raw vegan people eat mostly fruit and it's sooo bad for the teeth!

But... I need real food

Agree 100%

Quick Reply

Latest