The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rrayhan
could someone please help im currently panicking, i dont think i answered 9b correct, i wrote methods officers could implement to make soldiers better like slt and sfp. is that correct ? if not will i gain any marks at all, because im currently terrified

I saw someone else wrote SLT and social identity theory, so yeah you may get marks. I didn't do that question though
Original post by rileystringer1
That was dreadful for me :frown: I reckon I got ~60, gona get a B overall I can see it

60 was an A* last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Julieplec
60 was an A* last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so low!
But I got a C last yr (90) so to get an A/A* I need 113 (based on 2015 grade boundaries for unit 3 and 4), and I reckon I got 45-50 on unit 3 so probably ~105 overall.. who knows oh well
That was dreadful for me :frown: I reckon I got ~60, gona get a B overall I can see it

Why was it dreadful???? The predictions you told me last night at 10pm came up .. Social norms abnormality and ethnocentrism??
I'm not sure why everyone found the exam so bad...

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's so low!
But I got a C last yr (90) so to get an A/A* I need 113 (based on 2015 grade boundaries for unit 3 and 4), and I reckon I got 45-50 on unit 3 so probably ~105 overall.. who knows oh well

Oh so you're a resit of A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rrayhan
could someone please help im currently panicking, i dont think i answered 9b correct, i wrote methods officers could implement to make soldiers better like slt and sfp. is that correct ? if not will i gain any marks at all, because im currently terrified

thats exactly how I answered the question! but instead of sfp, i used agency theory. i think it was a very broad question with lots of possible theories, im sure you can use sfp :smile:
Original post by joshnewbs
Why was it dreadful???? The predictions you told me last night at 10pm came up .. Social norms abnormality and ethnocentrism??

I didnt revise is psych a science and that was worth like 10 marks, content analysis i dont understand so predicting 3/9 :lol: i had a 3 hour french exam just before and i just couldnt

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 12 and 18 markers were nice I think I did well in those, it was the others :lol: i.e. content analysis i.e. evaluate research method not study hahah

Oh so you're a resit of A2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Na i meant at AS i got 90 marks
Reply 848
Original post by Bubbles66
thats exactly how I answered the question! but instead of sfp, i used agency theory. i think it was a very broad question with lots of possible theories, im sure you can use sfp :smile:

ah thank you thats so reassuring to hear! i havent been able to revise just stricken with anxiety, i just explained they should observe a role model with good postive trait or be labelled to be strong and powerful, literally a split moment decision, but again thank you !
Even if the grade boundaries change, will the number if UMS marks we need for a secific grade stay the same?

Posted from TSR Mobile

people may have found it more difficult than you? You don't know if you've got an A* until they mark it
Reply 851
I'm not sure why everyone found the exam so bad..

I think its fairly obvious why people found the exam hard considering you've been commenting in the thread over the past few hours..

duuuude, i was wondering how you got on. how was french?

:lol::lol::lol:

at least you're confident you're gonna get a B. i mean i did try and roughly work out what i got and it was a 57 but i'd minus 5 from that.
i'd be estactic if i got a B.

the social norms questions threw me off. i didn't even revise it. the 18m were horrible as well, i think i got 3 :lol::lol: 3 for content analysis, if im lucky
Evaluate 2 studies which used different research methods and discuss how they are scientific (4)
For this question, did the studies have to be from different areas? Cos I did the same approach :frown:
Original post by tulipsinrain
Evaluate 2 studies which used different research methods and discuss how they are scientific (4)
For this question, did the studies have to be from different areas? Cos I did the same approach :frown:

no... they didnt say. it just had to be different methods.
Original post by Lillah
I think its fairly obvious why people found the exam hard considering you've been commenting in the thread over the past few hours..

People expect papers to be easy nowadays though, it was a psychology paper and therefore contained ethnocentrism, is psychology a science etc... people just love to moan. Put the work in and don't moan
Original post by TaylorMullaney
What theories did you write about??

social learning i did loads for. then I did operant conditioning, levels of processing, freudian oedipus complex (guns are penises) I made it work just about, and using steroids to increase performance in the soldiers, (drawing on the practical and ethical issues), fear of death (thanatos, Freud).

what about you?
People expect papers to be easy nowadays though, it was a psychology paper and therefore contained ethnocentrism, is psychology a science etc... people just love to moan. Put the work in and don't moan

ew you can't say 'put the work in and dont moan'. some people try their hardest and maybe at their best, all they can produce is a C or whatever. some people have a bad memory. some people get overwhelmed and can't think clearly. you sound like a douche.

people have just sat an important exam, let us worry a little, not everyone is as confident as you.
Original post by ShahriarChowdhur
For 9b - is saying the programmes should include SLT and how they can have a role model who does similar behaviours and not get punished or receive a reward and then evaluate this with Bandura's study showing we copy those we can relate to but then evaluate this piece of evidence further saying the study was only on 3-6yr olds so not generalisable to soldiers correct?
Also is using SIT correct? How we can be split into groups and set tasks that involve competing against each other meaning we become competitive and want to beat the other group making soldiers better. Then evaluating this with how Sherif found we work together when there's a subordinate goal and against each other when in competition. Evaluate this further with how they were all boys but there were girls in the army who may not behave similarly?

I wrote about operant conditioning (how that could be used when in charge of the group of 30 soilders) and agency theory
So long as it's suitable and appropriate it should be fine, I was gonna do SLT but wasn't sure. You could do SIT as well

No one thinks its going to be easy? you can't say you've got an A* until the paper is marked, extremely unfair to say people don't 'put work in'
People don't just love to moan this is a forum to share ideas and thoughts, not a place for you to tell people they should have done really well in the paper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending