The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cowie
So sneaky... I assumed the -CH2CH2- had to be attached to the O-CH3 not the -OH damn -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's very cheeky of them... I'm sure if you explained everything you will get most of the marks! :biggrin:
Reply 1261
long story short 2016 is going to be the year with no vets, medics or dentists
Thanks aqa

Spoiler

WP_20160614_17_31_50_Pro[1].jpg

this is the structure for question 9

it was an awful sneaky question guys i know
(edited 7 years ago)
chem 5 better be better i swear they're going to screw us over regardless but i neeeeed that ums!
Original post by SirRaza97
How many makrs do you think will I get for syaing the structure of R was

ch3-o-ch2-ch2-c(ch3)2-oh? Providing all my working is there?

i did the same as you. id say 2 marks lost, one for piecing it together and contradicting ourselves by saying it cant be a tertiary alcohol. second mark for structure of R
Original post by House6797
Using AgNO3 is the answer AQA were probably looking for
however i wrote the same as you and im 99% we are right

I did this and I'm confident it will get the marks!
Revision went great, right until we got to the exam and they gave us a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SYLLABUS
Original post by 09aghandhi
It was a joke, one of my favorite sources of entertainment is boasting for getting 100% in really hard tests, although its funnier in real life...

In reality I did terribly in that paper, but chem5 is much easier than chem4 imo so ill have to make up for it. I got an A at AS and i think this paper was a high D low C, so with good chem 5 i might scrape aa low A or high B.

oh ok haha my mistake, same and I need 3a's :frown:
Original post by ELCRE
I only managed to get half way through the last question :frown: anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me tooooo :frown:(
Everyone is discussing the final structure but I only managed to figure out half of it before the invigilator told us to put our pens down...
For the stitches question I wrote that it was biodegradable and could be hydrolysed whereas the polyalkene was strong non polar etc
Did I have to mention therefore it can be broken down by bodily fluids?
The more and more I think about the paper I'm getting so worried about it.
Also for the last question I did the structure as the tertiary alcohol that everyone mentioned, how many marks do you think I'd get with like the structures I drew and pointing out that there was an OH alcohol and a C-o bond using the IR values?
CH3CO + intermediate reactive species 1 mark
use this to show electrophilic substitution reaction 2 marks
Is this right ? or did you have to give the whole equation to show the reactive intermediate being formed with alcl3
Original post by FireBLue97
CH3CO + intermediate reactive species 1 mark
use this to show electrophilic substitution reaction 2 marks
Is this right ? or did you have to give the whole equation to show the reactive intermediate being formed with alcl3

no you're right
Original post by lishakb97
oh ok haha my mistake, same and I need 3a's :frown:

Yep, i need AAb for Surrey, not looking all that good so far, i was kinda relying on chem being a deffo A cause i got physics, which will be a B at best
Original post by shiney101
For the stitches question I wrote that it was biodegradable and could be hydrolysed whereas the polyalkene was strong non polar etc
Also for the last question I did the structure as the tertiary alcohol that everyone mentioned, how many marks do you think I'd get with like the structures I drew and pointing out that there was an OH alcohol and a C-o bond using the IR values?

I said that it has permanent dipole-permanent dipole forces between chains, stronger than vanderwaals of polypropene
Original post by Weeksy97
image.jpg

H is not an R group. The 3.1-3.9 is for an ether group.
Original post by shiney101

Yeah stitches need to dissolve. Only unless you're using titanium staples should they remain!
Original post by lishakb97
no you're right

Thank you so much was worried about this
Original post by the1pedro
Add water
Acyl chloride will give off white misty fumes
Haloalkane will show no change

Correct
Reply 1278
What did everyone put for the relationship bewteen chiral carbons or something like that?
Original post by amsib
long story short 2016 is going to be the year with no vets, medics or dentists
Thanks aqa

Spoiler

Salty

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending