The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

For the mass spec one, I said they would have different molecular ions and the second one would have a fragment due to ch3+ with an m/z value of 15 and the top one wouldn't ?
Original post by charliexox
I made it nh3+ too

Do you know whether it was meant to be a zwitterion for this question? Or should we have not ionised any of the groups?
Original post by Lozzie97
I did that and then said how the transition metals form weak bonds with the reactants using the 4s and 3d electrons. But that part will probably only be worth one mark, if it is right.

I said that aswell :smile:
Original post by Akalanka25
Do you know whether it was meant to be a zwitterion for this question? Or should we have not ionised any of the groups?

yeah use zwitterion form
Original post by FemaleBo55
Yes I wrote that too!! I checked it was right.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I wrote "Is it better than anything currently available?" does that count as a mark? lol
Original post by Kira Yagami
So everyone, for the medicine one I said

" Is it safe?"

"Is it better than current medicines being used/standard medicines being used now"

Damn I wrote:

"Is it effective/Does it work?"

"Is it better than anything currently available?"
Reply 426
Original post by onsmirnov
I think there were three isomers since there were two alkene bonds:
E and E
Z and Z
E and Z
but not Z and E since its symmetrical about the centre to Z and E = E and Z

Here is what the EZ isomer were supposed to be. If you drew all 4 you will get 4/4 marks as neither are wrong. Think of it like writing the same answer twice exactly the same both times, you will not lose a mark. Now can be put this one to rest now
For the excess question I calculated the volume that actually reacted and got 66.8cm^3

Could i get the marks for this?
think I got about 63-66 marks so I pray to god thats a solid A
For the E/z one I drew it correct but didn't make it look like that exactly , would i get the marks?
This was such a mixed paper for me, very hard to judge how well it went!
For the hydrolysis one, I had three products and had nh2 with them all and a carboxylate ion, is that correct? how many marks would i get?
Reply 432
For the E/z one I drew it correct but didn't make it look like that exactly , would i get the marks?

I assumed oi drew the second c=c at the top right rather than bottom right. Either way as long as it is the same then yeh
For the hydrolysis one, I had three products and had nh2 with them all and a carboxylate ion, is that correct? how many marks would i get?

I believe there was two products as it asked to partially hydrolyze a specific bond, cannot remember what I put in terms of zwitterion charges
Reply 434
how many marks was that question the one where you had to name the functional groups on the last question
(edited 7 years ago)
for the peaks

It was like phenol, arene, c-h , and ketone right? so the product was the bottom one?
for cold drawing I said " It stretches the polymer, making chains straighter and more crystalline so chains are closer together, increasing strength of IMF etc...

I didn't talk about it forming a 'neck' would i lose a mark?
I out 0.26 for the e cell, that wrong?
I out 0.26 for the e cell, that wrong?

i put that, its just finding the difference isnt it? so it would always be positive? saw someone put it as negative earlier i think
Original post by IBerrr
Here is what the EZ isomer were supposed to be. If you drew all 4 you will get 4/4 marks as neither are wrong. Think of it like writing the same answer twice exactly the same both times, you will not lose a mark. Now can be put this one to rest now

Surely this can't be right because you've drawn carbon with 5 bonds attached ??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending