The Student Room Group

A2 Government and Politics AQA predictions 3a/4a?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Does anyone have a good essay on federalism ?
Predictions:

Political Parties:
b) How have the two main parties developed internal coalitions?
b) Consider the reasons for the strength of the 2 party system and the insignificance of third parties in the USA

Pressure Groups:
a) Consider the impact of social media on PG activity in the USA
b) Are PGs good or bad for democracy?

Voting Behaviour:
a) Explain the Gender Gap
a) Consider the importance of age of voters...
b) Explain why some voters split their ticket when voting
b) To what extent is it accurate to say that voting behaviour has become more polarised along party lines?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by james96williams
Predictions:

Political Parties:
b) How have the two main parties developed?
b) Consider the reasons for the strength of the 2 party system and the insignificance of third parties in the USA

Pressure Groups:

Voting Behaviour:
b) To what extent is it accurate to say that voting behaviour has become more polarised along party lines?

What do you mean by polarized along party lines?
Original post by Shsjsk
What do you mean by polarized along party lines?

How the ideological divide between the Democrats and Republicans may be narrowing
Reply 44
How the ideological divide between the Democrats and Republicans may be narrowing

Would that actually come up for voting behavior though? Isn't that more political parties?

Also isn't polarization the opposite to narrowing??
Original post by Shsjsk
Would that actually come up for voting behavior though? Isn't that more political parties?

Also isn't polarization the opposite to narrowing??

This is the essay plan my teacher gave, hopefully it explains it a little better:colondollar:
Reply 46
Predictions:

Political Parties:

Pressure Groups:

Voting Behaviour:

split ticket voting came up in last year's paper as a 30 mark question? Would it come up again?
Reply 47
Original post by zzinah
split ticket voting came up in last year's paper as a 30 mark question? Would it come up again?

It came up in June 14 so may be a 10 marker. It's worth going over the causes atleast
I did Voting Behaviour and Pressure Groups and I didn't like it at all :frown:

I didn't revise abstention much because I didn't think they'd do a 30 marker on it!
How did everyone find it? I thought the questions could have been a lot worse☺️
Original post by queenaaliyah
How did everyone find it? I thought the questions could have been a lot worse☺️

I thought it was great. Definitely no complaints about the parties and pressure groups questions!
I didn't manage my time properly and so only answered 1 10 mark and 2 30 markers :frown:

Other than that, I think it was okay for what it was... Grade boundaries will be high though I'm guessing :mad:
Predictions:

Political Parties:

Pressure Groups:

Voting Behaviour:

"b) Consider the reasons for the strength of the 2 party system and the insignificance of third parties in the USA"

A question similar to this came up so I hope it helped anyone that saw! :ahee:
Reply 53
Original post by basic1996*****
I didn't manage my time properly and so only answered 1 10 mark and 2 30 markers :frown:

Other than that, I think it was okay for what it was... Grade boundaries will be high though I'm guessing :mad:

same!! I didn't answer the 10 mark question for elections, so upset
Original post by zzinah
same!! I didn't answer the 10 mark question for elections, so upset

Which topics did you answer?

I only managed PACs, 2 party system and pressure group success and missed the African American vote, which is annoying because I'm black...:congrats:
Reply 55
Thought it was not that challenging, I did Topic 2 and 3. I wonder how much emphasis they wanted you to put on Race and Ethnicity in Topic 3 Ten Marker, I only did one para on it but 3 on other factors.

How many paragraphs are people writing for each question?
Original post by OllieMc
Thought it was not that challenging, I did Topic 2 and 3. I wonder how much emphasis they wanted you to put on Race and Ethnicity in Topic 3 Ten Marker, I only did one para on it but 3 on other factors.

How many paragraphs are people writing for each question?

Aren't you supposed to mention the other factors in the opening paragraph and then focus on the main factor throughout? I didn't answer that question so I'm only guessing:colondollar:

Isn't topic 2 political parties? How did you find the two party system 30 marker?
Anyone have any ideas for 4a on Thursday?
Reply 58
Aren't you supposed to mention the other factors in the opening paragraph and then focus on the main factor throughout? I didn't answer that question so I'm only guessing:colondollar:

Isn't topic 2 political parties? How did you find the two party system 30 marker?

I always thought you were to address the main factor in the first paragraph and then compare it with more factors in the next few paras.

The 30 marker for Topic two was Okay, I spoke about Ralph Nader, Ross Perot, George Wallace, Bernie Sanders and a paragraph on how most don't break the electoral hold of the two parties in the long term.
Reply 59
Any predictions for 4A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending