The Student Room Group

Why do some guys do this?

Some guys call girls ugly when they don't look good themselves? Does it make you gain confidence? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Everyone is beautiful in a way :smile:
I'd never call anyone ugly :no:

I think they do it to suppress their own insecurities or because they like being rude :s-smilie:

And yes everyone is beautiful in many ways :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawn_o1
Everyone is beautiful in a way :smile:

Reply 4
Being ugly does not inhibit ones own ability to identify other ugly people.
Reply 5
It makes them feel "hard" just hand them a mirror.

Posted from TSR Mobile
because those guys are not humans :redface: they dont understand the struggles a girl is going through :sad:
You don't need to be good-looking to recognise someone else is ugly. Either way, it's a very harsh and totally unnecessary thing to say.
Although I don't approve of that behavior, let's put it like this: you don't need to know how raw meat tastes like to know you don't want to try it.
Reply 9
in retrospect, i hate pretty booys who pay far more attention to their looks then is needed or healthy
its like 'boy, put that mirror down and get a life'
Reply 10
They're just dicks.
Unless they're going out their way to, i think it's honesty
& since you have pointed out some guys (don't look good) does that mean you think your beautiful? or are you saying that to gain confidence? :biggrin:
Original post by shawtyb
in retrospect, i hate pretty booys who pay far more attention to their looks then is needed or healthy
its like 'boy, put that mirror down and get a life'

This. I think it makes them look less attractive. :redface:

Same with girls.
I haven't experienced that. But they're just *****.
Reply 14
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
You don't need to be good-looking to recognise someone else is ugly. Either way, it's a very harsh and totally unnecessary thing to say.

Yeah I totally agree. I mean the guys who say you look like fu****** sh**. I'm sure that girl will come home crying.:s-smilie:
Original post by Legendary Quest
This. I think it makes them look less attractive. :redface:

Same with girls.

i cant stand it!
its a total no go for me!
Because some people are **** ugly.

The truth hurts hun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I could say exactly the same thing about girls.
As if girls don't do it
Original post by mero22
Yeah I totally agree. I mean the guys who say you look like fu****** sh**. I'm sure that girl will come home crying.:s-smilie:

If outright insults is what you were implying then I take a different viewpoint to my last post.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest