How did everyone find it?
Reply 1
It was really good I thought but know I think the grade boundaries will be high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
It was really good I thought but now I think the grade boundaries will be high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
literally just crammed as many dates as possible into that last question, got really salty as well like "how dare you say that they didnt do anything in the 19th century!" xD
Reply 4
I couldn't finish and I feel that last 16 mark question was a disaster. Feeling so low right now :frown:
Original post by Anmol_.
I couldn't finish and I feel that last 16 mark question was a disaster. Feeling so low right now :frown:

Don't worry- I am so glad someone else feels the same way! I did not understand the purpose or topic of most of the sources and a lot of people are saying they found it really easy. Try not to worry and focus on the next exam, you will have done better than you think!!
Reply 6
Original post by pheebsdancer
Don't worry- I am so glad someone else feels the same way! I did not understand the purpose or topic of most of the sources and a lot of people are saying they found it really easy. Try not to worry and focus on the next exam, you will have done better than you think!!

Thanks. I'm just entirely worried that this exam will bring my grade down to a B or C. I desperately need an A in history. I didn't understand many of the sources especially source E and the highway source. Good luck to you too.
Original post by Blueee29
literally just crammed as many dates as possible into that last question, got really salty as well like "how dare you say that they didnt do anything in the 19th century!" xD

I put lots of dates in too haha - thank you so much for the timeline! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jadeee18x
How did everyone answer the last question??

For agree I did details including eg not make a lot of difference until rich heard germ theory etc, for disagree I remember writing that other factors included oppositions from all classes and went in to details and examples of each. Can't quite remember what else other than conclusion but that was the foundation! Hope your exam went well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I messed up on one of the questions. It said the 19th Century and I put the 1900's. Hopefully it would still be okay? I did what source D shows of the time but I also compared it to evidence of 1900's and said it shows how drastic the conditions are without the acts being placed yet?What do you think?
Honestly don't assume you've got a low level, you really can't tell what you've got. Somehow I managed to do the whole question on The NHS in the mocks to realise it was COMPLETELY out of the date range but I still somehow got an A :smile:
Don't worry: don't forget it was one test and I'm sure if you were meant to get an A* then you'll certainly have the ability for A Level and then degree if you want to - it'll just be in the moment and hopefully it went better than you thought! It sounds like a lot of people didn't quite like Source E but yeah. Sorry to hear it didn't go to plan but I'm sure you did better than you thought and it's 30% not 100% :smile: good luck in any other exams :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheNerdxP
I think I messed up on one of the questions. It said the 19th Century and I put the 1900's. Hopefully it would still be okay? I did what source D shows of the time but I also compared it to evidence of 1900's and said it shows how drastic the conditions are without the acts being placed yet?What do you think?

I'm sure they'll appreciate you meant 19th Century if you're talking about the conditions etc that happened then :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheNerdxP

I think it will be okay. As long as you supported your sources and quotations with evidence they will try and give you marks wherever possible! Good luck :smile:
Had no idea what to say about source D NOT being useful as I only heard of the royal commission last minute and forgot it all. Also was lucky to have done the picture source in class about 3-4 times.
16 marker was an annoying one as I felt almost all the sources agreed with the interpretation!! The other factors I wrote about was laissez-faire attitude from the rich to the poor and used source E for that and I kind of improvised and put another factor was that the government were unaware of how bad things were and tried to use source D ? AHHHH oh well, I hope the grade for an A* isn't over 40 but not too sure as it was 35 last year

Posted from TSR Mobile

The same thing happened to me. I felt like the 16 marker was a disaster although I knew my stuff well. Really run out of time for it all and I had to literally leave out a whole 9 marker just so I get time for the 16 marker. However our teacher told us that the previous paper carries more marks plus I suppose you have coursework too so he was saying not to panic too much.
Is it just me, but every kid in our school had no idea what Source E was about. The only reason I could guess anything was because in my CGP textbook it covered three different exam boards, I saw something about philanthropists and liberal reforms, skimmed over it and panicked because we hadn't learned it, and checked the OCR Medicine Through Time specification on their website and it wasn't there... anyone have any ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending