The Student Room Group

Family want to set me up with cousin?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
They're not really the kind of people you say no to.

My mum understands, but it's my dad's side of the family. And whenever I've tried to explain things to the dreaded cousin (known as IT from hereonout), It just goes a bit crazy, giggles and says things like "Oh you might think that now, but don't worry. I can make you love me".

It is not a modern girl, and to be honest I don't think It is "all there" either. Nobody I can trust on my dad's side apart from another cousin who's a bit of a breakaway - he's one of the first in our generation to want to leave the village and actually go to university and pursue a career. But nobody takes him seriously. They think he's just gay/mentally unstable/deluded/rebellious/selfish for not wanting to keep living at the farms.

Not at all. I'm a (for the most part) normal, white, athiest, middle class, tech grad student from London.

I've tried the dick approach. (No sniggering!) She just says I'm being silly and it's apparently "cute".

tell her your gay
throw up on her
pick ur nose and rub it on her
pick ur bum and ask her to sniff it?
Reply 21
Kill her to death
Original post by TaintedLight
Easy make the girl hate you. Go on a date, burp as much as you can, don't keep the door open for her, use whatsapp/tsr as often, spill wine on her dress without apologizing etc etc.

Tbh to break a relationship is sooo easy... lol

You forgot to mention to OP "Forget your wallet"

My mum understands, but it's my dad's side of the family. And whenever I've tried to explain things to the dreaded cousin (known as IT from hereonout), It just goes a bit crazy, giggles and says things like "Oh you might think that now, but don't worry. I can make you love me".

I don't know if this is an appropriate idea and if it isn't please don't hate but what would happen if you make her like another guy?
Or act like you like another girl?
Easy make the girl hate you. Go on a date, burp as much as you can, don't keep the door open for her, use whatsapp/tsr as often, spill wine on her dress without apologizing etc etc.

That didn't work in Drake & Josh tho
Original post by shawtyb
tell her your gay
throw up on her
pick ur nose and rub it on her
pick ur bum and ask her to sniff it?

Wow you are so sick. I can never look at you the same way now.

Original post by AndrewSCO
That didn't work in Drake & Josh tho

Gimme 10 mins with any girl and I can..... well make her hate me
Original post by tamil fever
I don't know if this is an appropriate idea and if it isn't please don't hate but what would happen if you make her like another guy?
Or act like you like another girl?

She lives on the other side of the damn country, I don't know anyone up there and to be honest, I'm just trying to steer myself as clear of the situation as possible.
It should be up to you and tell the girl straight up and your parents. If you don't be clear you going to let them think that you don't mind. Good luck.
Wow you are so sick. I can never look at you the same way now.

Gimme 10 mins with any girl and I can..... well make her hate me

**** happens
She lives on the other side of the damn country, I don't know anyone up there and to be honest, I'm just trying to steer myself as clear of the situation as possible.

this idea might seem stupid but.....u could say u like another second cousin and then in the end say she broke up with you
I thought Game of Thrones was every Monday!
Wear a rainbow shirt :colondollar:

Apparently they've started drawing plans to build us a bungalow on the farm for us to live together and raise our kids in.

It is not a modern girl, and to be honest I don't think It is "all there" either. Nobody I can trust on my dad's side apart from another cousin who's a bit of a breakaway - he's one of the first in our generation to want to leave the village and actually go to university and pursue a career. But nobody takes him seriously. They think he's just gay/mentally unstable/deluded/rebellious/selfish for not wanting to keep living at the farms.

Then i just think that u know what try talking to ur mum, as for most boys im sure there mum is the best person to go to for advice, sit down with ur mum and explain what has been going on, i am so sure she will understand, if not then just straight up tell the girl ur not intrested, ik it may seem a bit harsh to her, but she needs to accept the truth, there is no other way, and ur too young anyway to get married like ur only 21 :smile:
Original post by 16characterlimit
I thought Game of Thrones was every Monday!

whats, game of thrones?
Just tell her you have no time for a relationship, or that you simply don't want one.

Or say she's not your type in a polite way 'I don't think I'm right for you, you deserve someone better'
Go to dinner. Order a lot of food. Eat like a c**t and act like a little brat, and a few minutes before you're about to leave just pretend you're going to the toilet but actually just run out without her noticing. Then, she'll be left with a massive bill. As a result, she'll no longer be attracted to you.
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
whats, game of thrones?

TV show with incest and arranged marriages.
Original post by 16characterlimit
TV show with incest and arranged marriages.

Now, ik what show i am never gonna watch :u:
Original post by Serine Soul
Just tell her you have no time for a relationship, or that you simply don't want one.

Or say she's not your type in a polite way 'I don't think I'm right for you, you deserve someone better'

LMAO "I need to work on myself".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending