The Student Room Group

Dear Girls...

:hello:
I don't know if any of you watched this video :redface:
[video="youtube;WWTRwj9t-vU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWTRwj9t-vU[/video]

This video inspires me A LOT :cute: I know we all girls are self-conscious about our appearance; spots, skin colour, eyebrows and many other things that lead us to feel self-conscious :redface:
I am also self-conscious about my looks because i have been told (my own family e.g. cousins, mum blah blah) that i have to look in a certain way that would attract people :unsure: I started to compare myself from celebrities because i thought they are my role models and i meant to look like them and i know most of the girls compare themselves with them :sad: which is normal :colondollar: but celebrities are celebrities! :lol: they meant to look like this otherwise media is going to make their lives arduous :dontknow: Please don't starve yourself because it's not good and no one wants to have anorexia :no: because its just terrible!
Girls we know we are awesome :awesome: and we dont need to look like someone, we just need to be confident :yep: and everything will be fine :woo: we don't need to have any sort of breast enlargement stuff :rofl: or needs to make a huge booty like Nicki Minaj :lol: looks are not going to stay with us forever :getmecoat: its our personality and our character that makes us :yes: so just be yourself and you'll totally succeed :hugs:
Keep smiling :bigsmile:

Spoiler

some inspirational quotes :innocent:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Aww great post! :hugs:

Seconded! :yep:
Reply 2
Yeah, I saw this. It may or may not have made me cry.
Reply 3
Awesome post! :tongue:
Wow this video perfectly captured what people say and think.

It's not just the video, your words are inspiring as well
Reply 5
Original post by Indeterminate
Aww great post! :hugs:

Seconded! :yep:

:jive: :ta: :hugs: x

Original post by mero22
Yeah, I saw this. It may or may not have made me cry.

it actually made me cry :cry2: people cannot be happy whether you look pretty or not :redface:
no one is perfect and those spots is just another thing everyone gets in their lives :unsure:
Original post by Aimen.
Awesome post! :tongue:

:ta: x
Original post by Namita Gurung
Wow this video perfectly captured what people say and think.

It's not just the video, your words are inspiring as well

OMG :cry2: really
:ta: sweetie :h: x
Reply 6
You always overdose on emoticons.:mute:
Reply 7
Original post by Yafooly
You always overdose on emoticons.:mute:

because they are there to use :erm: plus i love using them :woo:
Thank you, I really needed this. :emo:
Reply 9
dis is just fab like u <3
thanks babe
Original post by Fiduciam
Thank you, I really needed this. :emo:

ermmm :console: no you dont need this, you are awesome :ahee:
Original post by chordband
dis is just fab like u <3
thanks babe

erm okay
Original post by fatima1998
ermmm :console: no you dont need this, you are awesome :ahee:

erm okay

lol no problem
btw wat made u to make dis thread o.O
WOW
I don't know if any of you watched this video :redface:
[video="youtube;WWTRwj9t-vU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWTRwj9t-vU[/video]

This video inspires me A LOT :cute: I know we all girls are self-conscious about our appearance; spots, skin colour, eyebrows and many other things that lead us to feel self-conscious :redface:
I am also self-conscious about my looks because i have been told (my own family e.g. cousins, mum blah blah) that i have to look in a certain way that would attract people :unsure: I started to compare myself from celebrities because i thought they are my role models and i meant to look like them and i know most of the girls compare themselves with them :sad: which is normal :colondollar: but celebrities are celebrities! :lol: they meant to look like this otherwise media is going to make their lives arduous :dontknow: Please don't starve yourself because it's not good and no one wants to have anorexia :no: because its just terrible!
Girls we know we are awesome :awesome: and we dont need to look like someone, we just need to be confident :yep: and everything will be fine :woo: we don't need to have any sort of breast enlargement stuff :rofl: or needs to make a huge booty like Nicki Minaj :lol: looks are not going to stay with us forever :getmecoat: its our personality and our character that makes us :yes: so just be yourself and you'll totally succeed :hugs:
Keep smiling :bigsmile:

Spoiler

some inspirational quotes :innocent:

Spoiler

Tell me who hasn't watched this video? :colone:
Dear Guys...

If you are facing these same problems then tough ****.

Spoiler

I love these quotes!
Original post by tamil fever
I love these quotes!

Original post by chordband
lol no problembtw wat made u to make dis thread o.O
seeing lots of threads on TSR about appearance so thought why not make one and inspire them :h:
Original post by ellamoon_22
WOW
is that a sarcastic wow :colone:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Tell me who hasn't watched this video? :colone:
there are some who still haven't watched it :erm:
Original post by DiddyDec
Dear Guys...If you are facing these same problems then tough ****.
excuse me :huff:
excuse me :huff:

In the interest of equality and inclusivity, "Dear Everyone..." would have sufficed.

But instead you went for "Dear Girls..." implying this is a gendered issue which it is not.
Original post by DiddyDec
In the interest of equality and inclusivity, "Dear Everyone..." would have sufficed.

But instead you went for "Dear Girls..." implying this is a gendered issue which it is not.

because that video is only applied to girls :redface: plus girls are more self-conscious than boys, not saying boys aren't but in compare girls tend to imitate their models that ruin their lives :unsure:
They look much worse without the makeup, but that's because we're conditioned to seeing makeup. If no females wore makeup, it wouldn't be an issue. The whole issue comes from makeup being some sort of arms race/competition between women. Also, it's bad for your skin.

Quick Reply

Latest