The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry B (Salters) F334/F335 Exam Thread 2016 (14th/22nd June)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lyricalvibe
It is but did they mention they added water though? I just did the me hnism for nucleophilic addition leaving the anion produced as it were

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe they stated that it was in a dilute acid so the product would have either received the hydrogen from H+ or from the water molecule.
Reply 481
Original post by IBerrr
Look at the pic of the isomers for that answer I sent in this thread.

I have
Original post by millss
the grade boundaries are already out?? where?? i thought they only made them once all the papers had been marked :frown:

That's what I thought, I can't find it anywhere only 2015! Im so confused... :confused:
Reply 483
Original post by ezaraf
4 points:
1. what a sh** paper
2. i got got got 2 e/z isomers
3. what is the type of copolymerisation
4. definitely a sh** paper

Copolymerisation is polyester
It is but did they mention they added water though? I just did the me hnism for nucleophilic addition leaving the anion produced as it were

Posted from TSR Mobile

No didn't need water, it said acidic in the question, I added it just to show what is happening. So this is correct yeah
Reply 485
Original post by ShalomieR
That's what I thought, I can't find it anywhere only 2015! Im so confused... :confused:

im fairly sure they have to look at how the whole country performed and then work them out based on percentiles??? like normally they come out the day before results day
Reply 486

The real OCR grade boundaries for this exam have not been produced yet - the exam hasn't been marked so you're not going to find any real grade boundaries. People have, however, estimated the rough grade boundaries by the relative difficulty though of course, until OCR publish the real grade boundaries, these are just 'theory'.

UMS boundaries however don't change much if at all from year to year (I think) so basically it's saying how many UMS points you get for a certain grade e.g. 80 UMS for an A grade.
(edited 7 years ago)
Last year an A was 65, this year it would be max 64 ... and minimum 62 ish ... what do you guys think?
I think they meant the UMS grade boundaries are out, which is the same every year, just taking a guess though tbh
Original post by _MAT_
Copolymerisation is polyester

ugh thats so stupid, why did have to ask it that way >:frown:
Reply 490
Original post by ezaraf
ugh thats so stupid, why did have to ask it that way >:frown:

Bit of a strange question, I doubt many will have got that right
Original post by _MAT_
The real OCR grade boundaries for this exam have not been produced yet - the exam hasn't been marked so you're not going to find any real grade boundaries. People have, however, estimated the rough grade boundaries by the relative difficulty though of course, until OCR publish the real grade boundaries, these are just 'theory'.

Thank you so much I was freaking out and thought they were going to do something completely different this year!!
Reply 492
Thank you so much I was freaking out and thought they were going to do something completely different this year!!

Ahahah I suspect there's a large delay between the papers being done and people actually starting the marking to prevent leaking of the mark scheme?
I did one of the drawings in pencil would they still see it?
Reply 494
Original post by Kira Yagami
I did one of the drawings in pencil would they still see it?

Yes in fact they ask for drawing in HB pencil

If you look at the examiner report for last year, one of the issues was examiners still being able to see rubbed out pencil so unless you have a really thin pencil (I don't know how you say it) it'll be fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
No didn't need water, it said acidic in the question, I added it just to show what is happening. So this is correct yeah

Ah ok, don't usually read context to save time :/ yeah the the product is correct but shouldn't the lone pair of electrons have come from the nitrogen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year an A was 65, this year it would be max 64 ... and minimum 62 ish ... what do you guys think?

I thinkas long as it's below 64 I will scrape an A, hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah ok, don't usually read context to save time :/ yeah the the product is correct but shouldn't the lone pair of electrons have come from the nitrogen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. The lone pair is on the Carbon.
No. The lone pair is on the Carbon.

I don't even know why I was so sure it was the other way round, I've made so many errors like that, how many marks was the Q?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending