The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gabrielealek
ah thats nothing you'll learn it fine sure exam is in the afternoon

My sister did her chemistry last year and she just learnt polymers.etc a couple of hours before the exam and got an A!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 801
Any predictions for 6 markers in chemistry tomorrow?
Original post by chemistrynerd13
My sister did her chemistry last year and she just learnt polymers.etc a couple of hours before the exam and got an A!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

exactly they aren't too hard to learn
Original post by gabrielealek
ah thats nothing you'll learn it fine sure exam is in the afternoon

Is it in the afternoon? Omg thats unreal lmao, me pure sweating out organic there
Original post by bar73

Disposal of plastics by incineration or landfill
Anyone just doing triple award separate Chemistry unit 1 tomorrow??
Original post by OpticSesh
I have both tomorrow. Go us.

Good luck!!
Original post by chemistrynerd13

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao, that was me with half the biology unit 2 course
Original post by Tsunaomi
Anyone just doing triple award separate Chemistry unit 1 tomorrow??

Yes. I am repeating it because I got a B last year. I am much more confident this year and understand the course much more. Only spent a few days revision, most of it was straight forward and came back to me pretty quickly.

I just revised test for ions mainly. That's what I struggled with last year!
Original post by bar73

A redox and/or a energetics 6 mark would be so sweet
You will probably be penalised but dw everyone was short for time in this exam, so the examiner might take that into consideration.

I wouldn't mind a cheeky salt preparation question. Quantitative chemistry you're like guaranteed the marks every time if you know what you're doing

wait, salt preparation? what is that? quantitative chemistry is fine you can literally know that m = n x RFM and be good.

Original post by Okdmd46
A redox and/or a energetics 6 mark would be so sweet

how would a question on redox be six marks? all I know about redox reactions is that its when oxidation and reduction both occur. the bond making or bond breaking energetics question would be nice and id also like for effects of stuff on the rate of reaction.

I am afraid for the six markers. In C1 there were a lot of experiments and stuff they could ask 6 markers on but now they could ask anything. One of last years six markers was on the tests for substances like hydrogen, oxygen, CO2 and all. That seems like a real weird and easy six marker to me.
I hope they're kind. I've got most things nailed down I just need to go over the last few topics a bit more to know them well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GoNinty
wait, salt preparation? what is that? quantitative chemistry is fine you can literally know that m = n x RFM and be good.

its the two methods for salt preparation. The indicator method and excess salt + acid method. They sometimes ask marks on it (normally worth six)
Reply 812
I'm not sure. It's not the one with the risk assessment and plan etc in it but the other one that we actually officially do as a Controlled Assessment. I hope I made sense haha
its the two methods for salt preparation. The indicator method and excess salt + acid method. They sometimes ask marks on it (normally worth six)

uh we're on the same page, right? chemistry double award unit 2, right? the last time I heard about salts was in unit 1 and even then I have no clue what you're on about. I asked my friend to look it up in his revision guide and he can't find it.
Original post by GoNinty
uh we're on the same page, right? chemistry double award unit 2, right? the last time I heard about salts was in unit 1 and even then I have no clue what you're on about. I asked my friend to look it up in his revision guide and he can't find it.

ah, nah dude, I do triple award chemistry physics biology, it probably isnt in your course. sorry for the bother
ah, nah dude, I do triple award chemistry physics biology, it probably isnt in your course. sorry for the bother

haha, i was freaking out a bit there. it's alright, don't worry about it. good luck with triple award tomorrow.
Original post by GoNinty

how would a question on redox be six marks? all I know about redox reactions is that its when oxidation and reduction both occur. the bond making or bond breaking energetics question would be nice and id also like for effects of stuff on the rate of reaction.

I am afraid for the six markers. In C1 there were a lot of experiments and stuff they could ask 6 markers on but now they could ask anything. One of last years six markers was on the tests for substances like hydrogen, oxygen, CO2 and all. That seems like a real weird and easy six marker to me.
I hope they're kind. I've got most things nailed down I just need to go over the last few topics a bit more to know them well.

Could be asked in terms of half equations or give you an equation and asl you to explain why its a redox reaction - 2 for saying substance gains o2- gain of o2 is oxidation, 2 for saying a substance loses o2 which is reduction and then final 2 for saying redox as oxidation and reduction both occurring simultaneously.
Reply 817
I must be the only person who wrote about question 3 for the essay questions lol. I wrote two and a bit pages on containment, korea, domino theory and vietnam. I really had to make it stretch though cause the question/s were pretty awful and NOTHING what like our teacher said they'd be.

haha no, you're not alone !!
me and my friend both done question 3 - wrote about korean war, domino theory, truman doctrine, atomic bomb developed by ussr which scared the us & the friendship treaty between China and the USSR and how that affected the US & how China's fall to communism affected the US
was going to write about Vietnam but ran out of time x.x
had 15 minutes left for the essay question haha.. .-.

& i couldn't agree more tbh
i was hoping for more question towards the beginning - ie, berlin wall/airlift, Cuba ect but it was all mainly post 1968 which our teacher told us he doubted that it would come up since its a new specification with no previous past papers and that the might go easy on us
haha, that did not happen imo
Original post by jackcoys
Yes. I am repeating it because I got a B last year. I am much more confident this year and understand the course much more. Only spent a few days revision, most of it was straight forward and came back to me pretty quickly.

I just revised test for ions mainly. That's what I struggled with last year!

Good Luck! Our school makes us do unit 1 and 2 for everything this year -.-
(edited 7 years ago)
Anyone know what colour of a flame, alcohols, alkanes and alkenes burn with? Im getting told two complete different colours in my textbook and revsion book

Quick Reply

Latest