The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

is anyone doing sport for an option?
Area: Stockport
Dates: 7th July
anyone else?
i did it 2 years ago. its soo totally worth it, definitely do it people theres no regrets. you meet amazing new people and and have so much fun and its sooo cheap.
Original post by Exams2210
i did it 2 years ago. its soo totally worth it, definitely do it people theres no regrets. you meet amazing new people and and have so much fun and its sooo cheap.

what do you do in the sports category? Also do you have to perform?
yes u have to perform and the sport category is always different and depends on the group u have been put into it varies. and tbh at the end ncs just drags on lool
Do they base groups on same ages or is it just random allocation?
Reply 126
I'm so excited, I'm doing the NCS this year and I'm also vegan, does anyone that has already done NCS, know what vegan food is available?
Reply 127
Original post by slc98
Aww. I took part in NCS in Summer 2014..loved every bit of it!

OMG, SAME! I was hesitant at the start at deciding whether to go, but my parents encouraged me to 'do something with my life', lool. Instead of sitting at home on the wifi 24/7.
Ahh... The best decision of my life! Wish i could re-do NCS all over again!
Reply 128
Original post by slc98
Aww. I took part in NCS in Summer 2014..loved every bit of it!

OMG, SAME! I was hesitant at the start at deciding whether to go, but my parents encouraged me to 'do something with my life', lool. Instead of sitting at home on the wifi 24/7.
Original post by 786sia

All these positive posts are making me sooo excited for my NCS programme this summer! :h::h:
Dates: 6th-31st of August
Area: Tunbridge Wells
Wave: Yellow
Is anyone else going at the same time as me?
How do you know which area you are in from the Email?
Doncaster 25th July anyone?
Original post by Dana22
I'm so excited, I'm doing the NCS this year and I'm also vegan, does anyone that has already done NCS, know what vegan food is available?

when i did it, the food was not that great u basically live off sandwiches most of the time.
Original post by marshmallows15

yep its random
A few hours ago I got the details about my information evening.

For reference, mine is on 20th July at 18:30 in Mill Hill (NW London).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by marshmallows15

I'm pretty sure that the groups are decided on area - I think it might be borough-based.
Original post by leafcannon
I'm pretty sure that the groups are decided on area - I think it might be borough-based.

they do pick people from different boroughs, i remember in my ward people were from different places
Original post by Exams2210
they do pick people from different boroughs, i remember in my ward people were from different places

I think they might do this if:

1 - The person applied for specific date(s) and they were all booked up in their borough, so they might allocate them to a neighbouring borough if they still have places free on those dates
2 - There are not enough people from one borough taking part in the programme, so they have to link it with a neighbouring borough to increase the numbers (although this one is purely an assumption). From what I've been told the group numbers always hover around 60.

And keep in mind that some boroughs may cover very wide areas - I'm in Barnet, ranges from Chipping Barnet on the outskirts of London all the way to Cricklewood, a part of which is in Inner London.
Anyone doing NCS 7 Aug to 26 Aug in London this year?

Latest

Trending

Trending