- sports injures = risk factors , preventing

Is this for 14 markers
Original post by SHANNON SAYERS
Is this for 14 markers

yes sorry should of specified
Reply 24
Original post by samm_sr
how did you guys do in the coursework?
I constantly get mocked for doing sports a-level. Yet its one of the lowest pass-rates, and coursework was over 15000 words long.

overall going into the Theory exam with a National A*
Hi!

Any predictions for the exam? What do you think may potentially come up?
Reply 26
Original post by andymharrison_
Whats the role of the national lottery? In as much detail as you please.

I don't think you need to know that much about the role of the National Lottery specifically just that they provide financial support and invest in support programs such as: WCP, APA and TASS. They fund top level training/competition facilities and they place bids to attract major sporting events like the Olympics. Btw sorry for the late response I had other exams.
Reply 27
Original post by fizzwizz2016
Hey guys!
phys topics that havent come up so far
- lactic acid system
- recovery = epoc
- fatigue = OBLA, VO2 MAX, RER, factors causing
- sports injures = risk factors , preventing

Tbh I would be pretty happy if those topics came up but I'm not even worried about physiology, I need the most work on Contemporary issues. Which section is your worst and best one?
Reply 28
Original post by samm_sr
how did you guys do in the coursework?
I constantly get mocked for doing sports a-level. Yet its one of the lowest pass-rates, and coursework was over 15000 words long.

I got 49/60 for practical and I did my coursework in practically 3 days so I got 26/60 in my coursework. So 75/120 overall, lucky the exam is worth a lot more lmao. My coursework had slightly over 10,000 words I think and how do you get mocked for doing A level PE? Its one of the hardest A levels you can do and since you have to be commited to sports it shows dedication. I do A level PE, Chemistry and Biology and no one says anything to me. Btw just wondering how many people are doing A level PE in your school?
Reply 29
Original post by samm_sr
This year for A2 for me has been a bit of a joke.
Our AS teacher left, who had been doing the subject at our school for many years. To be replaced by a man who has had no previous experience at A-level at all. When teaching he was using someone elses notes, and hadnt even gone through them himself, so he was constantly trying to figure out what they meant.
He literally left the courework til the last week. I had started before then because our previous teacher had started us off, but I wasnt even sure when the deadline was. He then told us that the previous teacher told us the wrong way of doing the coursework work (which she'd be doing for many years). So I had to re-do most of it.
I wasnt allowed to do my prefered sport because he had 'no experience' in it. So I was made to do football, instead of a sport where I was once a National Champion.

I dont know my grade but he told me he gave me a B overall. Which im really not happy with.
Im not confident I'm going to do well in the exam because I dont even know what he's been teaching us was right.
And it really doesn't help that I have an exam clash on the friday, with English. So off the back of the English exam theres a supervised break, then into the Sports exam..

Wow that's really ****ed up, I did Olympic weightlifting for my sport which my teacher knows barley anything about but he still didn't stop me. Also in what sport were you a previous National Champion in?
Reply 30
Original post by _jamess
overall going into the Theory exam with a National A*

That's really good, what grade did you get in each unit for AS (PHED1, PHED2) and what did you get in practical (Sport?) and coursework (word count)?
Reply 31
Guys does anyone have access to the past papers from the old AQA spec? If so then could you post them on here, they're pretty useful because the questions are similar and questions from the old spec could repeat itself to an certain extent in the exam on Friday. Also we don't really have access to that many past paper materials since the AQA website only shows 3/4 past papers
There are the 2010 and 2011 ones on this website if that's what you were looking for:
http://pastpapers.org/aqa-a-level-physical-education
Any the predictions for the sociology section???
does anyone have predictions for the exam on friday?
Reply 35
Original post by Hardeep98
That's really good, what grade did you get in each unit for AS (PHED1, PHED2) and what did you get in practical (Sport?) and coursework (word count)?

In the practical 40% at AS i got 98% (A) and i have resit PHED1 to try and get an A ! This year for athletics i got overall an A* in the coursework, not sure on the word count
Original post by Hardeep98
I got 49/60 for practical and I did my coursework in practically 3 days so I got 26/60 in my coursework. So 75/120 overall, lucky the exam is worth a lot more lmao. My coursework had slightly over 10,000 words I think and how do you get mocked for doing A level PE? Its one of the hardest A levels you can do and since you have to be commited to sports it shows dedication. I do A level PE, Chemistry and Biology and no one says anything to me. Btw just wondering how many people are doing A level PE in your school?

There are only 2 of us in my class haha. But no one in my school mocks us, I didn't no that was a thing if you do A level PE. I find people really respect it if they actually understand what's in the content
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by _jamess
In the practical 40% at AS i got 98% (A) and i have resit PHED1 to try and get an A ! This year for athletics i got overall an A* in the coursework, not sure on the word count

i did athletics also, what marks did you get on your practical?
My teacher has predicted for Section A:

(14) Aerobic energy systems and EPOC
Angular Momentum
Sliding Filament Theory
EPO/Anabolic Steroids/Beta-blockers/HGH
Glycogen Loading
Thermoregulation
Impulse
Velocity/Acceleration/Momentum
DOMS - reducing effects of
Reply 39
Looking forwards to tomorrow?