The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mo2351
Wait did they ask us how to distinguish between the enantiomers because I didn't see that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No they didn't. Don't believe anyone who says there was.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Boundless_x
For anyone else that found today's paper harder than expected :smile:

ur image dont work
Original post by Boundless_x
For anyone else that found today's paper harder than expected :smile:

hahah i don't even know why I'm on here anymore, I need to prepare for Bio 4, think I've lost my mind a little today...
Original post by Suits101
That question was NOT on the paper.

Don't worry, when I read that post I also had a mini heart attack.

Thank you!! at least havent lost those marks...
Original post by lahigueraxxx
yeah i think it did

I think it asked for the section of the polymer not the dipeptide
Original post by lishakb97
I think it asked for the section of the polymer not the dipeptide

What did it ?!?!?! That was not made clear at all :frown:
Original post by Rabadon
ur image dont work

thats weird what about now?

Guys - I need an A* but I think I have dropped 15-20 marks? No hope!
Original post by Suits101
Why did you get it wrong?

I said if the reaction is endothermic or exothermic the temp will change which will affect the rate,pretty sure I got it totally wrong tho:frown:
For the question that asked about separating the alcohol/collecting it - I said heat under reflux - is this right?
Original post by ravichauhan11
trailing as it asked for a section of it

I'm sorry but it was definitely a dipeptide...it didn't exactly look like there were going to be trailing bonds, did it?
I don't remember it asking us how to distinguish between the two enantiomers!

DID I MISS A QUESTION OUT!! I NEVER TALKED ABOUT ROTATING PLANE POLARISED LIGHT ....
Original post by lahigueraxxx
haha don't worry I am too, I honestly think I've definitely dropped about 16/17 marks, and then some :frown:

I need atleast an A in this, and I've dropped like definitely 20 marks already assuming I think I did the other questions right :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aerosmith
I'm sorry but it was definitely a dipeptide...it didn't exactly look like there were going to be trailing bonds, did it?

I drew it as the dipeptide and now this is really stressing me out!:frown:
Do you know what's really annoying me about this paper? The pathetic one markers and HSW questions that pretty much just test about 1% of our knowledge. It's so annoying that I actually got the 9 marker at the end and a few of the other longer mark questions, but these stupid one markers and HSW questions have let me down big time and have cost me a grade :frown: I hope you're happy AQA... ****s
There were 2 repeating unit questions on the paper. They wouldn't have put another one in for the bants...it said you had to add atoms AND bonds
I missed out quite a few questions and I can't even remember what they were.. probably about 10 marks worth that i didn't have time to come back to, but i also lost around 5 marks on the last question because i didn't finish. I also lost marks for the paper generally being hard so probably at least 10. that means I've already lost about 25 marks...:redface:
Original post by Sani Ej
What will the marks for b and c be?

What do you recon will be the E and U boundaries? I think i am going to need those ....
Original post by Saldudsjen123
I drew it as the dipeptide and now this is really stressing me out!:frown:

I'm sure it's the dipeptide too, dw. student room after exams winds me up, I'm not coming on here after an exam again
Original post by medscoolhopeful
hahah i don't even know why I'm on here anymore, I need to prepare for Bio 4, think I've lost my mind a little today...

me too... me tooo :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending