The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ecreate
No one thinks its going to be easy? you can't say you've got an A* until the paper is marked, extremely unfair to say people don't 'put work in'
People don't just love to moan this is a forum to share ideas and thoughts, not a place for you to tell people they should have done really well in the paper.

Original post by chickenfoot
ew you can't say 'put the work in and dont moan'. some people try their hardest and maybe at their best, all they can produce is a C or whatever. some people have a bad memory. some people get overwhelmed and can't think clearly. you sound like a douche.

people have just sat an important exam, let us worry a little, not everyone is as confident as you.

I'm struggling to understand how people have the audacity to moan about a question which you were all taught about - ethnocentrism. Sure, I didn't particularly like the question but I got through it..
With regards to the A*, the boundaries are so low, if I don't get it I'll be shocked.
Original post by Julieplec
I'm struggling to understand how people have the audacity to moan about a question which you were all taught about - ethnocentrism. Sure, I didn't particularly like the question but I got through it..
With regards to the A*, the boundaries are so low, if I don't get it I'll be shocked.

To be fair a lot of teaching isn't great, our school was taught ethnocentrism so briefly that I wouldn't have been able to answer a 2 mark question on it, although I taught myself after realising this but obviously not everyone is going to know we need it in so much detail.

You sound like one of these people who have the knack for answering exam questions - not everyone has this and often can't put things into words even if they fully understand it. Maybe you should try to be a little more empathetic, especially 10 hours after the exam finished when people are obviously panicked about their answers. Congrats on the A* btw.

Grade boundaries weren't that high last year and you didn't?
If we remembered every detail and thing we learnt in class we would all be getting 100% so thats a silly point to make.
Ethnocentrism is a complex and long topic, you could be taught it by the best teacher in the world and struggle, and therefore complain.
Im struggling to understand how you can be so confident that you did amazing and because some people are saddened by how they answered questions then they are wrong.
Its good that you felt like you done brilliantly, not everyone did, its not too hard to understand?

Some people might not have revised it enough and it depends on how well you've been taught the subject as well. It's good that you're confident but others might not be so you could show a little bit more consideration... and also the ethnocentrism question was at the end so obviously it was the most time constraining...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by psychemma
To be fair a lot of teaching isn't great, our school was taught ethnocentrism so briefly that I wouldn't have been able to answer a 2 mark question on it, although I taught myself after realising this but obviously not everyone is going to know we need it in so much detail.

You sound like one of these people who have the knack for answering exam questions - not everyone has this and often can't put things into words even if they fully understand it. Maybe you should try to be a little more empathetic, especially 10 hours after the exam finished when people are obviously panicked about their answers. Congrats on the A* btw.

Fair enough, I'm exactly the same though; my teacher was awful and I practically taught myself the whole course through examiners reports, mark schemes, books etc.

Practice makes perfect though, I only got a B in AS psychology but worked exceptionally hard on my exam technique - I'm not just naturally talented at psychology, I'm actually pretty awful. Why are people panicking about their answers? They can't be changed... it's a waste of energy, just focus on other subjects.
Original post by ecreate
Grade boundaries weren't that high last year and you didn't?
If we remembered every detail and thing we learnt in class we would all be getting 100% so thats a silly point to make.
Ethnocentrism is a complex and long topic, you could be taught it by the best teacher in the world and struggle, and therefore complain.
Im struggling to understand how you can be so confident that you did amazing and because some people are saddened by how they answered questions then they are wrong.
Its good that you felt like you done brilliantly, not everyone did, its not too hard to understand?

Because this is my first year doing A2 psychology, how could I get an A* last year? People just aren't willing to put in the work, but just get mad at people like myself who worked extremely hard and is confident in their ability. I'm not naturally good at psychology, as I've stated, but hard work pays off.
Original post by Mollyql_27
Some people might not have revised it enough and it depends on how well you've been taught the subject as well. It's good that you're confident but others might not be so you could show a little bit more consideration... and also the ethnocentrism question was at the end so obviously it was the most time constraining...

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's why I did the 18 mark question first, it doesn't take a genius to work out it's more beneficial to focus on an 18 mark question at the expense of a 4 mark question. People should put the work in then and not jump down my throat for being confident, I had an awful teacher too.
Because this is my first year doing A2 psychology, how could I get an A* last year? People just aren't willing to put in the work, but just get mad at people like myself who worked extremely hard and is confident in their ability. I'm not naturally good at psychology, as I've stated, but hard work pays off.

I meant A (which is the top for AS last year)
no one is jumping down your throat, its excellent that you're confident I'm sure you worked hard and deserve a good grade
but putting ' i don't get how people saw the exam hard....' and 'put work it and don't moan' makes you look like a snob.

no one is getting mad because you worked hard LOL get over yourself.
what do you not get... people have different abilities, despite how hard they worked.
you are very ignorant.

anyway no point trying to get through a thick brick wall.
That's why I did the 18 mark question first, it doesn't take a genius to work out it's more beneficial to focus on an 18 mark question at the expense of a 4 mark question. People should put the work in then and not jump down my throat for being confident, I had an awful teacher too.

My teacher's brilliant actually, but I know some other people have bad teachers. I finished the exam but in my opinion would, logically, complete easier questions first in order to settle in to the exam. But we're all entitled to our own opinion...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ecreate
I meant A (which is the top for AS last year)
no one is jumping down your throat, its excellent that you're confident I'm sure you worked hard and deserve a good grade
but putting ' i don't get how people saw the exam hard....' and 'put work it and don't moan' makes you look like a snob.

Because I didn't work hard last year :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
no one is getting mad because you worked hard LOL get over yourself.
what do you not get... people have different abilities, despite how hard they worked.
you are very ignorant.

anyway no point trying to get through a thick brick wall.

:wink: :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon113
Did anyone do Cook and Mineka for the procedure question, & did you evaluate it as a lab study?

I did yeah:smile:
I answered 9b using Milgrams Agency theory and social learning theory didn't have time to add anymore as i know it said a minimum of 2 hopefully that will be okay
Original post by Jablonski
social learning i did loads for. then I did operant conditioning, levels of processing, freudian oedipus complex (guns are penises) I made it work just about, and using steroids to increase performance in the soldiers, (drawing on the practical and ethical issues), fear of death (thanatos, Freud).

what about you?

Wow you did loads!! I described and evaluated agency theory, described social learning theory but only did 3 evaluation points for SLT and no research to back it up because I ran out of time 😭
How many raw marks would 160 UMS marks be roughly?
duuuude, i was wondering how you got on. how was french?

:lol::lol::lol:

at least you're confident you're gonna get a B. i mean i did try and roughly work out what i got and it was a 57 but i'd minus 5 from that.
i'd be estactic if i got a B.

the social norms questions threw me off. i didn't even revise it. the 18m were horrible as well, i think i got 3 :lol::lol: 3 for content analysis, if im lucky

Hi :biggrin: French was great actually considering I hadn't even looked at it since March :lol:

Well I kinda knew I wasn't gonna get any lower than a B in anything cos to get a B in French I'd have to lose 60 marks which just isn't gona happen (out of 158), human bio im sure ill get an A if i revise all day tomoz for unit 4 thursday and do past papers all week for unit 5 next thursday

I dont think ill get any less than a B in psych, i shouldnt, if by some miracle i scrape am A(*) that would be great but more likely to get a B

Still, AAB would make me happy
no... they didnt say. it just had to be different methods.
I did case studies and pet scans. Then spoke about Freud and how the psychodynamic approach is subject to interpretation and cannot be falsified therefore not scientific. On the other hand, biological method of pet scans gaining objective empirical data which identifies valid brain functions etc.

Within an exam situation it can cause high anxiety levels for many people which comes with many things such as forgetting details and research. I personally chose the concepts 18 mark question because the ethnocentrism question stumped me because I felt as if I did not have enough information to add, which by the end of the paper I realised I did. However! Everyone has different circumstances which affect how hard or easy one may have found the exam. Admittedly I am not in the exam Hall for my exams so it's a slightly different situation, but it's not solely the effort you have put in, yes that is a significant factor how ever not the only one - it's really how you deal with the situation and the way certain questions are asked, as well as the time and effort one is willing to give.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 879
Help? For the study question I did brown et al and interviews anyone else ???????? Is this wrong ????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending