The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel Drama and theatre Studies Unit 4 exam 20/06/2016

A bit bummed they don't have a section for A level Drama...But thought I might make a thread for it then. :biggrin:

I'm kind of looking forward and kind of nervous about this exam.
Definitely not looking forward to writing for 2 and a half hours

I'm studying Dr Faustus for my set script and I have been prepping techniques for all the scenes that have not come up in the exam yet... major and minor scenes.

Anyone else doing this paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im doing this exam. do you know any approprate rehearsal techniques for grouping and aural. also is it only sections that havent come up that can come up again
Original post by iyi123
im doing this exam. do you know any approprate rehearsal techniques for grouping and aural. also is it only sections that havent come up that can come up again

For aural techniques there's the
1. persuasion game (pick a line your character says, go around one by one to each member in a group, and deliver the line, persuading them that you have nailed the aural skills. if the group members disapproves, they notify them of how they want them to aurally improve and then the person moves onto the next person, taking on those improvements and attempts to persuade them etc. until someone is persuaded by the actor's delivery)
2. Gibberish
3. Card status game (2 actors or more, pick a random card from a deck. Ace being the highest status, 2 being the lowest. they need to act as the status their card number reflects. they focus on voice and how their volume/accent/pitch/pace portrays their number, and if it was effective etc.)

and I'm not too sure, so far they haven't repeated any sections. I think, depending on which play you've studied, it depends on how many of the major scenes have come up and which haven't
I'm doing this exam and can't find any example papers anywhere online, or how to structure answers. Any advice or example answers ?? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by EllieVarley13
I'm doing this exam and can't find any example papers anywhere online, or how to structure answers. Any advice or example answers ?? :smile:

go on edexcel. also have u finished your script
Original post by iyi123
go on edexcel. also have u finished your script

I have finished my script, are there example answers on edexcel?? I can't find them :/
Reply 6
I have finished my script, are there example answers on edexcel?? I can't find them :/

Yh there are, or at least I think so. Do you by any chance know what unit 3 is out of
40% of A2 marks; internally assessed if thats what you mean ? :smile:
Reply 8
Do we have to mention the practitioner that came up with the rehearsal technique?

Also I'm doing the Lysistrata script, anyone else?
I'm doing Woyzeck for section A & B and Shakespeare's All's Well That Ends Well for C
Original post by Sherce
Do we have to mention the practitioner that came up with the rehearsal technique?

Also I'm doing the Lysistrata script, anyone else?

I don't think you do, I've never mentioned practitioners and haven't been penalized by my teachers for it. Mentioning their name will show knowledge however, but it's not necessary I don't think.

They're in the examiner reports :smile:
Original post by iyi123
Yh there are, or at least I think so. Do you by any chance know what unit 3 is out of

It's out of 60 marks. the grade boundaries are ridiculously high...
B=47
A= 53
A*= 56

I found out I got 48, was pretty gutted with it... because now I need to do really well in the exam to maintain my A. I was predicted an A*, but after finding out my Unit 3 mark, small chance.
Reply 13
Anybody else doing Woyzeck and Duchesse of Malfi?
Reply 14
Original post by chaotic.school
It's out of 60 marks. the grade boundaries are ridiculously high...
B=47
A= 53
A*= 56

I found out I got 48, was pretty gutted with it... because now I need to do really well in the exam to maintain my A. I was predicted an A*, but after finding out my Unit 3 mark, small chance.

I got 53 in mine actually but I got a C last year so I need an A to get a B overall.
Original post by iyi123
I got 53 in mine actually but I got a C last year so I need an A to get a B overall.

My teacher just put the most minimal amount of effort in guiding and helping us with those SWED notes. Only relied on 1 exemplar. I wish the performance held more weight in the overall marks :frown:

But well done, that's really good!
Reply 16
My teacher just put the most minimal amount of effort in guiding and helping us with those SWED notes. Only relied on 1 exemplar. I wish the performance held more weight in the overall marks :frown:

But well done, that's really good!

I hate when that happens. Thanks you should still be able to get the grade you need dependent on the exam.
They're in the examiner reports :smile:

You absolute star, thank-you!!!! :smile: x
Original post by iyi123
I hate when that happens. Thanks you should still be able to get the grade you need dependent on the exam.

Tell me about it:colonhash:

Which script did you study for section A and B?
Reply 19
Tell me about it:colonhash:

Which script did you study for section A and B?

Lysistrata

Quick Reply

Latest