The Student Room Group

OCR French A2

Scroll to see replies

Yeah beginners used courriels simples and I put the experts 'créent des histoires de romance' or something like that.
Reply 41
Original post by KATIE6464646464
I think it would be relevant! Yes very advanced, a lot of words which weren't on any topic vocab lists and were difficult to work out! I didn't write that but that sounds right! I read that paragraph about 50 times and i just couldn't make any sense of it!! Was the most horrible text ever haha. Surely grade boundaries must be lower than normal because of this!

It depends on how the country did as a whole. It would be good if a teacher could give his/her thoughts on the paper. I'm just glad the exam is over :smile: 2hrs and 45 minutes is a looooooooooong time. My other exams are just 1 hr and a half. Luckily I only took one essay based subject haha. Funny thing the computer I was at wouldn't play audio so I had to be moved to another computer but had to wait for them to set it up so I lost 5 minutes. I was 10 secs into the exam and I had my hand up xD First thing I did was check the essays I didn't like last year's at all.
our class of 10 all found it SO HARD! the translation was ridiculously harsh we thought, so hoping the boundaries will be lower :frown: the reason he was vulnerable was because he was a widower.. the word was 'veuf'. I also think its quite harsh on the 'de pointe' point because both fashionable, before time and cutting edge are kind of the same things right?
Reply 43
Original post by alexgm101
Yeah beginners used courriels simples and I put the experts 'créent des histoires de romance' or something like that.

Cool that's what I put. Do you remember what you put for les Peres or somethings ont reagi?
Reply 44
Original post by maxraynor
our class of 10 all found it SO HARD! the translation was ridiculously harsh we thought, so hoping the boundaries will be lower :frown: the reason he was vulnerable was because he was a widower.. the word was 'veuf'. I also think its quite harsh on the 'de pointe' point because both fashionable, before time and cutting edge are kind of the same things right?

Oh really? Oh I put because she said she lived in Paris. Argh that's annoying.
Original post by hgreylock
That sounds so nice, eugh - the hall was freezing and I was alone at the back and then some children were playing grime music at about 5000 decibels right below the window for 10 minutes at about the 1 1/2 hour mark and I could have cried! But yes, my issues pale in comparison to Albert and his family's so I shouldn't complain - your good wishes are seconded!

love the idea of you jamming to grime whilst crying over Albert :')
Original post by target21859
Yeah I put those apart from the green lungs. They just meant the forests I think. I forgot what I said.

anyone remember what the principal role of forests were? I just put that they consume CO2 but i thought that was just too simple?
love the idea of you jamming to grime whilst crying over Albert :':wink:

lmao I was less jamming and more internally screaming but I'm glad I provided a good mental image :biggrin:
Reply 48
anyone remember what the principal role of forests were? I just put that they consume CO2 but i thought that was just too simple?

I put they absorb CO2 which is the main greenhouse gas or something like that. It was a one mark question so I don't think they'd expect you to put any more.

I put that as well because I wasn't really sure what they were trying to say aha
Original post by target21859
Cool that's what I put. Do you remember what you put for les Peres or somethings ont reagi?

yeah that one was so hard.. wasn't it something like they would change their attitudes and habits?

then the reason for women leaving wasn't it that it was a societal norm or like expected of women?
Reply 51
yeah that one was so hard.. wasn't it something like they would change their attitudes and habits?

then the reason for women leaving wasn't it that it was a societal norm or like expected of women?

Yeah I put what you put and yes it was les normes sociales.
Yeah forests absorb co2, the main greenhouse gas

And i think i put because the change of the balance of professional and family life would be so significant, something like that. I didn't find that too bad, listening 2.

Again will reiterate what was said above regarding the translation.

And yes, poor Albert single for three years, desperate for love.... i cry everytime...
Reply 53
I thought the exam was horrible! really frustrated because I wanted an A in french, but after that exam that is completely off the cards! Just praying for low grade boundaries...do you think it was particularly hard because they're getting rid of the exam soon?
Oh yeah i remember writing something about social norms
Original post by bethm21
I thought the exam was horrible! really frustrated because I wanted an A in french, but after that exam that is completely off the cards! Just praying for low grade boundaries...do you think it was particularly hard because they're getting rid of the exam soon?

Yeah OCR are officially no longer doing languages, so no need to make it reasonable. I do worry
Reply 56
Original post by alexgm101
Yeah OCR are officially no longer doing languages, so no need to make it reasonable. I do worry

so annoying! I wish our school had done AQA, seems a lot easier
Original post by bethm21
so annoying! I wish our school had done AQA, seems a lot easier

Been speaking to some other French students though and rather pleased I do OCR as compared to Edexcel - apparently they only do translation and essays for their A2 paper? That would be the worst for me :s-smilie:
don't worry... it seems most people are in the same position over this :frown: at least it's over
totally dude, thank god

Quick Reply

Latest