The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aerosmith
I'm sure it's the dipeptide too, dw. student room after exams winds me up, I'm not coming on here after an exam again

Tell me about it,I always say I won't come on here after an exam and then I end up doing like every time haha
Original post by randoms132
did anyone get 0.833 for that
[salt]/[ethanoic acid]
please :-( im pretty sure it was that? Can anyone remember the numbers and stuff?

omg yes i did
Original post by Mary_7
omg yes i did

I got that but i think they wanted us to do more with it :frown: So we deffo got 1 mark out of 3 lol. To get that value I found the H+ conc from the pH but couldn't figure out what else to do with that. I deffo lost 11 marks, just hope i didn't make any silly mistakes! ahhhhh and how cheeky was that 9 marker
I felt like they asked us loads of explanation questions, which we aren't really taught in depth. I don't understand chemistry i just learn it! What else do AQA want from me!!
Predictions for 120ums, A*,A?
any idea of grade boundaries from anyone?
Can I say that because the initial rate is greatest the uncertainty is lowest haha🌚
How are the marks allocated for the nine marker
would it be ok to put chromatography instead of distillation for separating the alcohol from the mixture ?
Original post by Mary_7
omg yes i did

Nope I got 1.2 something because 0.833 was for (acid)/(salt) but it wanted the reciprocal of that
Original post by Fibsy
Hang on, for the zigzag did we have to draw trailing bonds at the ends or were they already there? Didn't notice (didn't notice most things in this paper it seems)

Posted from TSR Mobile

think they were already there
Guys, wpuld fractional distillation be okay to separate the alcohol? Also why is everyone talking about distinguishing between a haloalkane and acyl chloride and distinguishijg between two enantiomers? Have i missed a complete page of the exam (i hope not)
Original post by Aerosmith
I'm sorry but it was definitely a dipeptide...it didn't exactly look like there were going to be trailing bonds, did it?

but it said section of the polypeptide ( something like that ) so surely trailing bonds?
Original post by samim_s
Guys, wpuld fractional distillation be okay to separate the alcohol? Also why is everyone talking about distinguishing between a haloalkane and acyl chloride and distinguishijg between two enantiomers? Have i missed a complete page of the exam (i hope not)

Question 4 was acyl chloride vs ketone with a chlorine in the chain
For that question about why the carboxylic acid with chlorine is stronger than the other one, instead of putting 'electron withdrawing' I put 'electron receiving' will I lose marks?? :frown: So annoying, I couldn't think of the word in the exam !!
Original post by ravichauhan11
but it said section of the polypeptide ( something like that ) so surely trailing bonds?

I definitely saw the word dipeptide
Original post by jessyoung

I definitely thought it said section of the polymer, guess we'll have to see
Original post by lishakb97

Oh my god. they added some bonds and also asked you to draw some in. if you had to draw trailing bonds, they would have to be straight and there was no way you could have drawn straight trailing bonds on that diagram without it looking ridiculous and wrong. ****'s sake. I hate the student room
Original post by lishakb97

Original post by jessyoung

Was this the first question on that page where you had to add bonds and atoms? If so: dipeptide
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending