The Student Room Group

OCR A2 Biology F214/F215 Resources Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20

Bro, where is the mark scheme for this paper?
Original post by Guls
Bro, where is the mark scheme for this paper?

Look back to the bottom of the 1st post on the attachments part. :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by Funky_Giraffe
Look back to the bottom of the 1st post on the attachments part. :smile:

thanks
Photosynthesis questions attached in the OP.
Original post by kingaaran
Photosynthesis questions attached in the OP.

Will you do some respiration questions?
hey could you do some nitrogen fixation/ anything from the ecosystem topic and maybe some muscle questions and behavious questions please?
thank you!!!
Hey!! Probably a silly question but do we need to know photosynthetic pigments and their wavelength? For example chlorophyll a= blue light 450 nm and then carotenoids?? And do we need to know what a porphyrin group and a phytol is ??
Original post by Biologist123
Hey!! Probably a silly question but do we need to know photosynthetic pigments and their wavelength? For example chlorophyll a= blue light 450 nm and then carotenoids?? And do we need to know what a porphyrin group and a phytol is ??

The wavelengths would probably be good detail to know, but you don't need to know what a porphyrin group or a phytol is - if they ask about it during the exam, you will be presented with all the information you need (no prerequisite knowledge is required) :smile:
Respiration questions added :smile:
Respiration questions added :smile:

Awesome! Just wondering when will the photosynthesis and these answers be going up? 😀
Original post by RedDevil1997
Awesome! Just wondering when will the photosynthesis and these answers be going up? 😀

Actually just writing them now, so hopefully within the next half hour or so!
Original post by RedDevil1997

Added :smile:
The wavelengths would probably be good detail to know, but you don't need to know what a porphyrin group or a phytol is - if they ask about it during the exam, you will be presented with all the information you need (no prerequisite knowledge is required) :smile:

Aww thank you!! Hows your revision going? Are you feeling prepared?:smile:
Aww thank you!! Hows your revision going? Are you feeling prepared?:smile:

For F214, yeah, apart from the need to go over a few things in the excretion module and almost all the past papers. But for F215, I am highly unprepared and will need to seriously bash out the content :smile:
For F214, yeah, apart from the need to go over a few things in the excretion module and almost all the past papers. But for F215, I am highly unprepared and will need to seriously bash out the content :smile:

Thats good, ah i haven't prepared for f215 much either i have 6 days without exams though to revise it!! hopefully can get about 11 hours of revision done each day, how many hours do you usually aim for a day?
Thats good, ah i haven't prepared for f215 much either i have 6 days without exams though to revise it!! hopefully can get about 11 hours of revision done each day, how many hours do you usually aim for a day?

About 6-7
Added :smile:

Thankyou, these extra questions are so useful I thought I was going to run out 😃
Original post by Penguin1212
hey could you do some nitrogen fixation/ anything from the ecosystem topic and maybe some muscle questions and behavious questions please?
thank you!!!

I second muscle questions - maybe with more of a focus on application? If that's possible of course, thanks :smile:
Original post by smozsolution
I second muscle questions - maybe with more of a focus on application? If that's possible of course, thanks :smile:

Will try to do some over the weekend.
From the photosynthesis answers, what is an answer of a membrane bound protein and its function?

Quick Reply

Latest