The Student Room Group

GCSE History B 2016 (OCR)

Scroll to see replies

I put the caveman one was for votes for women as caveman represents that the anti votes for women is part of how society has evolved, suggesting it will be ingrained in society forever. Is that wrong?? :s-smilie:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4165265#primary_content check out this thread. It's so funny and good! :bl:
Original post by ellamoon_22
How many marks was tbe source

8 marks
Yes I agree with that.

Which one what that one again? The why was it published.
how did people find britain for women between 1939-1975? what was the message of source C?
I wrote about the message of the source being the 'separate spheres' ideology. I wrote that the cartoonist is implying that women should not get involved in the public sphere and should just stay at home. I said that it linked to the roles men and women played up to 1912 and since this 'prehistoric argument'.
The own knowledge I added was about the Conciliation Bill and its failure. I linked this to women trying to break out of their sphere or 'box' through using this bill, however it failed...
Did we do the same paper? Did your source have women with posters saying equal pay?
No, my paper did not have that. It was a GCSE OCR History B British Depth Study paper with the unit code: A021/01 and the unit title: 'How was was British society changed, 1890-1918?'.
Original post by Shockzzz_ahmed
No, my paper did not have that. It was a GCSE OCR History B British Depth Study paper with the unit code: A021/01 and the unit title: 'How was was British society changed, 1890-1918?'.

Oh ok I did a different time period to u. i got a bit worried haha
I wrote about the message of the source being the 'separate spheres' ideology. I wrote that the cartoonist is implying that women should not get involved in the public sphere and should just stay at home. I said that it linked to the roles men and women played up to 1912 and since this 'prehistoric argument'.
The own knowledge I added was about the Conciliation Bill and its failure. I linked this to women trying to break out of their sphere or 'box' through using this bill, however it failed...

I wrote about the separate spheres as my contextual knowledge but I wrote that the message was how women were trying to break out of their traditional role of being a homemaker and trying to get into the violent world of politics which was not suitable for them.:smile:
I'm so worried that I wrote the complete wrong thing for question 4. I was rushing and didn't see the caption at the bottom apart from the war bit so I described the source and for ck said that the source was published because opposition to female suffrage was worried that after the women's outstanding war effort that a bill would be passed to allow suffrage so they published the source to persuade the government not to let women gain the vote. I must've completely missed the bit saying "the greatest lie". Is there any way I could still get an a* even if I misread the source completely?
Original post by d.aniel
I'm so worried that I wrote the complete wrong thing for question 4. I was rushing and didn't see the caption at the bottom apart from the war bit so I described the source and for ck said that the source was published because opposition to female suffrage was worried that after the women's outstanding war effort that a bill would be passed to allow suffrage so they published the source to persuade the government not to let women gain the vote. I must've completely missed the bit saying "the greatest lie". Is there any way I could still get an a* even if I misread the source completely?

Which paper were you doing? There was nothing saying the 'greatest lie'.
Original post by ChickenFillet2.0
Which paper were you doing? There was nothing saying the 'greatest lie'.

Oops sorry I'm definetely doing British depth study 1890-1918 I just quoted someone wrong I thoght I saw someone say that the source said "age old lie" or something like that when referring to source e about women not fighting in wars. If the source said that I definetely didn't see it so I'm just worried that I completely got it wrong as that would've changed my whole argument and ck.
(edited 7 years ago)
Grade boundaries?
What did people say about the equal pay act cartoon what was the message (Britain 1939-75 )
I was confused on that source. I said that the source is showing how women are not being equally treated to men due women having to leave to have families because of the unrealiable contraception in the 50s. I said that because it said in the slogan "time opportunists" meaning that they are not very reliable in the work. I also spoke about the painting of women in the background covered in spider webs showing how not important women where at the time that they would not even clear the webs from the paintings on the wall.
Original post by Katy0984
What did people say about the equal pay act cartoon what was the message (Britain 1939-75 )

Just responded in the thread
Original post by emilia12113
Just responded in the thread

What did you say for sources D and E on why they both disagree with each other? I said that source D was saying how hard work and skilful work it is to look after the family and how rewarding it is. I said that source E was saying how easy and "mindless' looking after kids where and how easy it was. I said that this would have been cause source e was written in the 60s when more children were at school and tecnology was helping make house life much easier in comparisant to the 50s when source D was written.

You are right about the concept of "spheres", but this is actually a pro suffrage postcard.
I repeated a lot of my own knowledge in the questions. Will this give me lower marks or does it not matter as each question is marked individually??
And I didn't actually refer to an events, just said about agurements for and against women's suffrage as my own knownledge, I'm so worried that I've made a massive mistake
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending