The Student Room Group

one law you would introduce if u were President/Prime Minister

Scroll to see replies

Every kid has to listen to classical music 5 times a week at school.
Legalise euthanasia would probably be one.
Original post by CheeseIsVeg

Spoiler

I'm assuming that you agree with the government on this like most seem to (I mean, I don't, but I'm not with most people on this issue)
Original post by sleepysnooze
I'm assuming that you agree with the government on this like most seem to (I mean, I don't, but I'm not with most people on this issue)

no

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
no

Spoiler

good, I think it should be 16 (at least) too.
why?

I don't want to be breathing in smoke, electric **** are new... just like traditional ones they didn't know side effects.
Original post by ckfeister
I don't want to be breathing in smoke, electric **** are new... just like traditional ones they didn't know side effects.

do you honestly need a nation-wide government to protect you from people's smoke, though? is this something you'd be willing to implement via coercion? because that's what the government is about. I mean, sure, it's technically carcinogenic (the smoke) but you'll *never* die or get harmed simply from breathing it in if somebody walks past you with a cigarette. if you're in a smokey bar every night of your life then yeah perhaps that's a different story. but you wouldn't go to a place like that if you cared about your lungs. and I don' even need to tell you how it's stupid to ban electronic cigarettes - the "smoke" is pretty much scented vapour. I mean, when I'm at the beach, sometimes people are there with these mini bbqs - *those* things are even worse for your lungs (the smoke) than second hand cigarette smoke. should those also be banned? what about car exhaust? what about bad smells as well (if this is a smell problem and not a health one)?
Original post by Snake_God
Crackdown on corporates not paying taxes.

BUT my LAW would be that if a petition got more that 1.5mn signatures a referendum would have to be held on the issue!

So if ~2% of the population kick up a fuss about something we should hold a referendum? That won't end well
good, I think it should be 16 (at least) too.

agreeed

Spoiler

do you honestly need a nation-wide government to protect you from people's smoke, though? is this something you'd be willing to implement via coercion? because that's what the government is about. I mean, sure, it's technically carcinogenic (the smoke) but you'll *never* die or get harmed simply from breathing it in if somebody walks past you with a cigarette. if you're in a smokey bar every night of your life then yeah perhaps that's a different story. but you wouldn't go to a place like that if you cared about your lungs. and I don' even need to tell you how it's stupid to ban electronic cigarettes - the "smoke" is pretty much scented vapour. I mean, when I'm at the beach, sometimes people are there with these mini bbqs - *those* things are even worse for your lungs (the smoke) than second hand cigarette smoke. should those also be banned? what about car exhaust? what about bad smells as well (if this is a smell problem and not a health one)?

Why should people have to breath it in? Maybe they want smoke-free... its illegal in many countries and time to bring into UK. Car exhaust is another problem, I think electric cars investment is needed more... also more on green issues.
Why should people have to breath it in? Maybe they want smoke-free... its illegal in many countries and time to bring into UK. Car exhaust is another problem, I think electric cars investment is needed more... also more on green issues.

yes but is this really something that you think the police should get involved with? the police cost a lot of money and this is just going to make them more expensive - is it worth it just for some basically harmless smoke? I don't like smoke either but I'm not going to phone the police if somebody walks along with a cigarette wofting smoke around - I can fight my own battles surely and I can simply tell them to go somewhere else with it, because most people will respect people's will to not have smoke in their faces

and I have to emphasise that if we're going to ban things simply because they smell (e cigs) then does that mean smelly people should be banned?
(edited 7 years ago)
Re-introduce the death penalty for Murder and Rape.
Reply 32
legalise weed
Less brown people. :pierre:

Really though?

24-hour nightclubs.
Making sure that money is invested into under-developed schools.

Why should people be forced to give up something they enjoy that is harmless to others because 'wahhh smoke'. It's like saying we should ban caffeine because people who are energetic are annoying.

And how do you expect everyone to pay for new electric cars/modifications to make their cars electric?
Original post by drogon
legalise weed

why not all drugs?
Original post by pelaitsc45
Why should people be forced to give up something they enjoy that is harmless to others because 'wahhh smoke'. It's like saying we should ban caffeine because people who are energetic are annoying.

If that's the case then smokers don't deserve free treatment on the NHS, you want to willfully destroy your body, fine, don't expect everyone else to pay for your own self inflicted damages though!
why not all drugs?

Because they can kill.
Reply 39
why not all drugs?

I heard its better if we do that. It's just the social costs that will be considerably higher if we legalise something like cocaine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending