The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

One of my family members passed 6/7/8th time and I know a few people who did quite a few tests but then gave up because they didn't see themselves passing. The fact that you have done 7 tests is obviously not great and has cost you a lot of money, but the fact that you are still willing to try again and not accept failure shows the resilience that you have! I'm sure you can pass in the next few tests (if not the next), so good luck :smile:
Reply 41
I feel unsafe knowing people can fail 7 times and still drive
Reply 42
Original post by Pra99
Did you crash 7 times?

No I didn't crash 7 times. I would of crashed on my first test though if examiner didn't use dual controls
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by ICB

Well actually if you google there are 21 people who haven't still passed their tests after their 30th attempt
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by mackemforever
So essentially on every single test you've shown a complete inability to perform basic observations of what is going on around you and as a result have put yourself in positions where the safety of other motorists has been compromised.

Please please please give up and start using public transport instead.

Well that's what driving lessons are for to improve my observation skills ..
In all honestly you should check that your instructor isn't taking some form of crack. Sounds like you need a new instructor that can teach you properly tailored to your needs. If your still sat reading theory books after 100 lessons then maybe also you need to check whether you are just giving your money away for insufficient practical experience.
Reply 46
Honestly, the more times you fail, the safer driver that you will be in the future. I read a report the other day that said that people that pass on their first or second time are most likely to get into a crash or accident in the future. I've failed a few times too due to nervousness, not because I'm a bad driver and I'm sure it's the same with you if you've taken 7 tests. All this is experience, it's good you learn these things now without your license rather than getting lucky the first time and driving like a complete idiot and putting everyone in danger.
Reply 47
Passed on my 5th (so when you pass don`t tell any one how many tries you had or they will laugh, my colleagues laughed at me). I would recommend doing intensive driving courses... (somewhere away form London where traffic is quiet and hardly any cyclists). IF all fails just go for the CBT (compulsory basic training) that is if you need a transport to get around. (should help you with awareness on the roads if you want to live)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by amrin19944
Well that's what driving lessons are for to improve my observation skills ..

Tbf while the places you are doing it in have not so great pass rates you are going to be driving in those places, if you can't pass there then really you should not be driving unsupervised.

Anyway in barking you have a few bad, bad roundabouts. there's a 4 exit roundabout that goes to the north circular is just ridiculous. However the simple way to combat this is to stay in your lane.

What did you fail on btw?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 49
Original post by bammy jastard 27
Tbf while the places you are doing it in have not so great pass rates you are going to be driving in those places, if you can't pass there then really you should not be driving unsupervised.

Anyway in barking you have a few bad, bad roundabouts. there's a 4 exit roundabout that goes to the north circular is just ridiculous. However the simple way to combat this is to stay in your lane.

What did you fail on btw?

Observations. Was on the overtaking lane, going slow so a car behind me got mad, didn't see him flashing his lights so he overtook me. Examiner marked it as a major.
Failing seven times is a lot indeed. And a lot of money which has to be paid to pass.

Original post by ICB

Same here. It is an unpleasant feeling anyway.

Original post by Redbed
Honestly, the more times you fail, the safer driver that you will be in the future. I read a report the other day that said that people that pass on their first or second time are most likely to get into a crash or accident in the future. (...)

Interesting. Can you give me the source?
Reply 51
Original post by amrin19944
Observations. Was on the overtaking lane, going slow so a car behind me got mad, didn't see him flashing his lights so he overtook me. Examiner marked it as a major.

Well to avoid that from happening again just move at the speed limit and if he is moving any faster just let him through when you can.
Reply 52
Original post by Kallisto
Failing seven times is a lot indeed. And a lot of money which has to be paid to pass.

Same here. It is an unpleasant feeling anyway.

Interesting. Can you give me the source?

Here you go, Http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/motoring/motoring-news/people-who-pass-driving-test-first-time-most-likely-to-be-in-accidents-report-says-a6751261.html
Hither green is the worse driving test centre my advice to u is not to go to that test centre people there are not professional and friendly they just make people fail their tests for no reason

Latest

Trending

Trending