The Student Room Group

Piercings and haircuts in college

Hey, so I'm attending Kedst in september and I was just wondering if anyone had a general guideline for uniform issues regarding that college, or how colleges view them as a whole?
I have dyed red hair (not a bright red though, it's fairly deep) and I'm getting just under half of it on the left side of my head shaved off next week. I'm also getting a nose ring and another cartilage piercing in my ear.
Would they have any problems with this, or could they tell me to change it? I haven't seen many students with this sorta style (if any!) and so I was just wondering if anyone knew of any "unwritten" policies they had.
Thanks! :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
You sort of look like me then, red hair and piercings haha! It all depends how strict your college is really. Where I live, they aren't bothered as you're depicted as adults so you choose what you wanna do. Sixth form colleges are maybe a bit different and then sixth forms in high are definitely stricter. If it's a college where you all have to wear uniform then it will probably be on the stricter side
Original post by FrannySmith
You sort of look like me then, red hair and piercings haha! It all depends how strict your college is really. Where I live, they aren't bothered as you're depicted as adults so you choose what you wanna do. Sixth form colleges are maybe a bit different and then sixth forms in high are definitely stricter. If it's a college where you all have to wear uniform then it will probably be on the stricter side

It's a sixth form college, but doesn't have any uniform or any areas on the website that relate to it. I've looked into all the legal and college docs on their and there's nothing regarding uniform, so I'm hoping it'll be okay. I saw one girl with blue hair so the red won't be a problem, just wondering more so about the shaving and piercings! :smile:

Thanks for replying though, hopefully there'll be some more users with information too :tongue:
Original post by xMiakatx
It's a sixth form college, but doesn't have any uniform or any areas on the website that relate to it. I've looked into all the legal and college docs on their and there's nothing regarding uniform, so I'm hoping it'll be okay. I saw one girl with blue hair so the red won't be a problem, just wondering more so about the shaving and piercings! :smile:

Thanks for replying though, hopefully there'll be some more users with information too :tongue:

Should be alright then I'd say! I don't think shaving will be an issue, if they accept weird colours then that should be ok. Piercings, meh ears are general aren't they really and a nose piercing is a common facial one to have so again should be ok. I think they'd be more worried if you came with 5+ piercings around your face:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending