The Student Room Group

I think my teacher likes me?

Hello everyone!
So basically I have this ICT teacher, who gives me extra tuition every week. In class, if someone asks a question for help, he will go over to them and just stand and help but with me, he will come and sit down next to me. Maybe this is because I struggle but so do most people tbh. A couple of months ago now, he touched my leg when he came to sit next to me but no apology and I just thought oh well it must have just been so he didnt fall and so he could balance himself.. But, he did it again a couple of weeks ago and then the week after the same but apologised that time! He hadn't done it recently until today I had him and he did it again. He came to kneel beside me and put his hand on my leg and then when I turned around to see if anyone saw in which they didn't, he said oh sorry, but really quietly and stuttered. He smiles at me alot too. Also in class today, I dropped my rubber on the floor, so I went to pick it up and when I bent down my friends said he was looking at my bum. We were counting letters for this stuff we were doing today and because I'm like a class clown sort of as I make all of the jokes, my friend said she counted 69 letters, so me being the jokey person shouted it out and Sir looked over at me and smiled for about 2 minutes and kept smiling and staring at me.. I was like hmm.. ha. When I turned around he was smiling.He's always staring at me too everytime I walk past him. In assemblies when hes stood there, he always looks around and then when he finds me he stares at me the whole time. My friends think he likes me more than a student.. I'm not sure tbh. I have a joke with my friends about him but he doesn't know that btw! Also when hes with his teacher friends in the mornings he always walks past me and stares and smiles at me. We email quite a lot too, but I ask him about work and it sometimes goes off topic. I know you probably think hes apologised so it must be an accident but also when he sits next to me, he always puts his leg so close to mine or sometimes his arm so we are touching.. What do you guys think?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
thats gross hes a teacher, talk to your head of year if youre really concerned
Original post by info4u1234
hello everyone!
So basically i have this ict teacher, who gives me extra tuition every week. In class, if someone asks a question for help, he will go over to them and just stand and help but with me, he will come and sit down next to me. Maybe this is because i struggle but so do most people tbh. A couple of months ago now, he touched my leg when he came to sit next to me but no apology and i just thought oh well it must have just been so he didnt fall and so he could balance himself.. But, he did it again a couple of weeks ago and then the week after the same but apologised that time! He hadn't done it recently until today i had him and he did it again. He came to kneel beside me and put his hand on my leg and then when i turned around to see if anyone saw in which they didn't, he said oh sorry, but really quietly and stuttered. He smiles at me alot too. Also in class today, i dropped my rubber on the floor, so i went to pick it up and when i bent down my friends said he was looking at my bum. We were counting letters for this stuff we were doing today and because i'm like a class clown sort of as i make all of the jokes, my friend said she counted 69 letters, so me being the jokey person shouted it out and sir looked over at me and smiled for about 2 minutes and kept smiling and staring at me.. I was like hmm.. Ha. When i turned around he was smiling.he's always staring at me too everytime i walk past him. In assemblies when hes stood there, he always looks around and then when he finds me he stares at me the whole time. My friends think he likes me more than a student.. I'm not sure tbh. I have a joke with my friends about him but he doesn't know that btw! Also when hes with his teacher friends in the mornings he always walks past me and stares and smiles at me. We email quite a lot too, but i ask him about work and it sometimes goes off topic. I know you probably think hes apologised so it must be an accident but also when he sits next to me, he always puts his leg so close to mine or sometimes his arm so we are touching.. What do you guys think?

defo likes you. Stay away. Don't make him lose his career!
Btw if ur pretty it explains why he stares.
When was the last time you heard a story about a relationship between a teacher and student that ended in 'happily ever after'?

I doubt he likes you. But your best bet is to ignore whatever it is, unless it gets physically worse.
report him that is disgusting and dangerous! soon he'll probably rape you or take you away to some countries like that teacher that took his student to france with him
Reply 5
Original post by PrincessBO$$
defo likes you. Stay away. Don't make him lose his career!
Btw if ur pretty it explains why he stares.

Ok thanks !
Reply 6
Original post by BristolFresher15
When was the last time you heard a story about a relationship between a teacher and student that ended in 'happily ever after'?

I doubt he likes you. But your best bet is to ignore whatever it is, unless it gets physically worse.

Ok thank you!
Reply 7
He could lose his job.
Don't return any of his creepy looks and behaviours because it might ruin both of your lives.
The best thing to do here would be to wait for more confirmation. Ask him if he could tutor you extra after school because you dont understand something. Maybe he just wants friendship. If he does seem more weird then you can surely know.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Don't return any of his creepy looks and behaviours because it might ruin both of your lives.

I agree.
Original post by mero22
He could lose his job.

Why would he lose his job? You sound ridiculous.Shes not underage is she. Maybe you just want him for yourself
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
The best thing to do here would be to wait for more confirmation. Ask him if he could tutor you extra after school because you dont understand something. Maybe he just wants friendship. If he does seem more weird then you can surely know.

Ok, thank you for the advice!!
Why would he lose his job? You sound ridiculous.Shes not underage is she. Maybe you just want him for yourself

Illegal for a teacher to have that sort of relationship with a student , regardless of age ( in highschool at least) not sure about 18+
Original post by Info4u1234
Hello everyone!
So basically I have this ICT teacher, who gives me extra tuition every week. In class, if someone asks a question for help, he will go over to them and just stand and help but with me, he will come and sit down next to me. Maybe this is because I struggle but so do most people tbh. A couple of months ago now, he touched my leg when he came to sit next to me but no apology and I just thought oh well it must have just been so he didnt fall and so he could balance himself.. But, he did it again a couple of weeks ago and then the week after the same but apologised that time! He hadn't done it recently until today I had him and he did it again. He came to kneel beside me and put his hand on my leg and then when I turned around to see if anyone saw in which they didn't, he said oh sorry, but really quietly and stuttered. He smiles at me alot too. Also in class today, I dropped my rubber on the floor, so I went to pick it up and when I bent down my friends said he was looking at my bum. We were counting letters for this stuff we were doing today and because I'm like a class clown sort of as I make all of the jokes, my friend said she counted 69 letters, so me being the jokey person shouted it out and Sir looked over at me and smiled for about 2 minutes and kept smiling and staring at me.. I was like hmm.. ha. When I turned around he was smiling.He's always staring at me too everytime I walk past him. In assemblies when hes stood there, he always looks around and then when he finds me he stares at me the whole time. My friends think he likes me more than a student.. I'm not sure tbh. I have a joke with my friends about him but he doesn't know that btw! Also when hes with his teacher friends in the mornings he always walks past me and stares and smiles at me. We email quite a lot too, but I ask him about work and it sometimes goes off topic. I know you probably think hes apologised so it must be an accident but also when he sits next to me, he always puts his leg so close to mine or sometimes his arm so we are touching.. What do you guys think?

Touchy
Very touchy
Even more touchy
A touch of his smile on you
When he knows you'd make a brilliant single mother(probably way too early for that lol)
You know what he wants
Essentially this seems to me like a student teacher relationship developing, i've come to this conclusion from the BIG BOLD BIT i highlighted for you so it comes to your attention.
You really need to talk about this to someone else otherwise things could develop, he might do something inappropriate and yea.... he could possibly lose his job, and you don't want that happening.
Reply 15

WTF

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Big white
Touchy
Very touchy
Even more touchy
A touch of his smile on you
When he knows you'd make a brilliant single mother(probably way too early for that lol)
You know what he wants
Essentially this seems to me like a student teacher relationship developing, i've come to this conclusion from the BIG BOLD BIT i highlighted for you so it comes to your attention.
You really need to talk about this to someone else otherwise things could develop, he might do something inappropriate and yea.... he could possibly lose his job, and you don't want that happening.

It looks like he wants friendship and treats her as a friend. You can see that when he goes off topic and stuff. Maybe he doesnt have many friends. I think he would smile at everyone and if he wanted a sexual relationship he wouldnt make it obvious. So i think it isnt inappropriate.
It looks like he wants friendship and treats her as a friend. You can see that when he goes off topic and stuff. Maybe he doesnt have many friends. I think he would smile at everyone and if he wanted a sexual relationship he wouldnt make it obvious. So i think it isnt inappropriate.

Ah i guess i can slowly see that side, maybe he does just want a friend, i'm not sure though. :dontknow:
You don't say your age but I assume you're yr 11???

I'm actually on here looking at uni info for my son but this one caught my eye. I have worked in school for many, many years as a TA and a teacher and what he is doing is entirely INAPPROPRIATE. We have to sign contracts when we work in schools that we will have NOTHING to do with students and that includes emails or any social media. And just to make this even clearer: I sent a postcard to a student who asked for one when I went to the States and his parents found it and reported me and I was investigated. That's how seriously this gets taken. Never mind that he was 14 and I was....well, in my 40s with children older than him. I was told I overstepped the mark because i'd crossed a line into personal. Did I agree with it? No. But it's the rules. Even at College level where I am now - we have to sign a contract that we will have nothing to do with students until they leave the College AND they must be 18. It's tough because I have a lot of students who want to keep in touch on Instagram and Snapchat, but I can't legally or I could get fired.

Of course you don't want to get him in trouble, but if he is emailing you and discussing stuff off-topic then you have every right to report him and yes, this would drop him in major poop. He might not lose his job but he'd at the very very least, get a written warning on his file and have to undergo Safeguarding training.

I promise you, if he's touching your leg and smiling at 69 comments, then he needs reporting because that is not right. That's major ick factor - regardless if he's a nice guy or not.
Original post by MsGelly22
You don't say your age but I assume you're yr 11???

I'm actually on here looking at uni info for my son but this one caught my eye. I have worked in school for many, many years as a TA and a teacher and what he is doing is entirely INAPPROPRIATE. We have to sign contracts when we work in schools that we will have NOTHING to do with students and that includes emails or any social media. And just to make this even clearer: I sent a postcard to a student who asked for one when I went to the States and his parents found it and reported me and I was investigated. That's how seriously this gets taken. Never mind that he was 14 and I was....well, in my 40s with children older than him. I was told I overstepped the mark because i'd crossed a line into personal. Did I agree with it? No. But it's the rules. Even at College level where I am now - we have to sign a contract that we will have nothing to do with students until they leave the College AND they must be 18. It's tough because I have a lot of students who want to keep in touch on Instagram and Snapchat, but I can't legally or I could get fired.

Of course you don't want to get him in trouble, but if he is emailing you and discussing stuff off-topic then you have every right to report him and yes, this would drop him in major poop. He might not lose his job but he'd at the very very least, get a written warning on his file and have to undergo Safeguarding training.

I promise you, if he's touching your leg and smiling at 69 comments, then he needs reporting because that is not right. That's major ick factor - regardless if he's a nice guy or not.

But if hes just being a nice guy why cant they keep it a secret between them like when you sent that postcard you could've kept it a secret because it was understandable. Plus he might not want to work their anyways maybe so doing this like that, he doesnt care if he gets fired or a warning or whatever, Havent you seen friends where ross has a relationship with his student? Why do they show that on TV if it is not understandable. Plus hes just being friendly so it doesnt even matter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending