The Student Room Group

Drinking

So, I have a couple of friends who are always like that they plan to get drunk at 18. Personally, I kinda want to just for the banter and experience but then again I'm kinda scared. Any drunk-at-eighteen stories anyone wants to share or any advice or opinions. I'm open for all :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Loads of us got invited to someone's 18th Birthday party which resulted in many disasters. The first being one person shouting "Jaegerbombs on (Person)" and then him having to buy £25 worth of Jaegerbombs for us all. This led to a later event of where this same guy tried to steal a lamp from the place we were in and bring it into the taxi like he was being slick. After that crisis was averted we got back to our hometown only to decide to gatecrash the birthday party of a guy I went to Primary School with and hadn't seen since year 5. The night was ended with stealing a shopping trolley while riding it around McDonalds' car park at 4am.
Reply 2
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
So, I have a couple of friends who are always like that they plan to get drunk at 18. Personally, I kinda want to just for the banter and experience but then again I'm kinda scared. Any drunk-at-eighteen stories anyone wants to share or any advice or opinions. I'm open for all :smile:

Be careful not to overdose on alcohol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PLJohn
Loads of us got invited to someone's 18th Birthday party which resulted in many disasters. The first being one person shouting "Jaegerbombs on (Person)" and then him having to buy £25 worth of Jaegerbombs for us all. This led to a later event of where this same guy tried to steal a lamp from the place we were in and bring it into the taxi like he was being slick. After that crisis was averted we got back to our hometown only to decide to gatecrash the birthday party of a guy I went to Primary School with and hadn't seen since year 5. The night was ended with stealing a shopping trolley while riding it around McDonalds' car park at 4am.

Oh my days that sounds hilarious!! I see how you nicely avoided what you did...
Reply 4
Oh my days that sounds hilarious!! I see how you nicely avoided what you did...

I don't get drunk easily, and I avoid drinking loads so I avoid stupid situations. The lamp got returned on my -very boring- behalf, haha.
Original post by PLJohn
I don't get drunk easily, and I avoid drinking loads so I avoid stupid situations. The lamp got returned on my -very boring- behalf, haha.

Oh right so you're like the moderator of the group. Nice to know the lamp got returned though!
Original post by Impressive
Be careful not to overdose on alcohol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I'm not gonna be that stupid to do that... (I think)
wait u have got drunk before right??????
Reply 8
who even waits till there 18 anymore :/
i remember going out years before i was 18, getting drunk and going home and then trying to act sober till i got to bed.
my mum thought i was pregnant as i was throwing up from a hangover the next morning
Original post by carolinrev
wait u have got drunk before right??????

Haha nope I have never gotten drunk. I mean I have gotten tipsy before but that's about it. Is it so bad that I have never gotten drunk before???
Original post by shawtyb
who even waits till there 18 anymore :/
i remember going out years before i was 18, getting drunk and going home and then trying to act sober till i got to bed.
my mum thought i was pregnant as i was throwing up from a hangover the next morning

Bloody hell how did you manage to pull that one off?
Haha nope I have never gotten drunk. I mean I have gotten tipsy before but that's about it. Is it so bad that I have never gotten drunk before???

well I am 16 ...and I have been drunk.... I am lightweight (soo embarrassing) just have lots of bread and coffee
Bloody hell how did you manage to pull that one off?

took practise haha!
on one occasion, we was all at a friends private bar, me, my mum, my step dad and my sister amongst at least 10 other people
we was all drinking and im a lightweight and i was totally spangled.
i staggered up to the bathroom to go toilet and i threw up in the bath rather out of the blue.
i couldnt poke it down the drain so my first thought was to scoop it up with my hands and put it in the toilet and flush it instead.

later that evening, took 3 full grown men to get me to the car, my mum had to hold a bucket for me as i wasnt capable of doing it myself, they then helped me up the stairs when we got home and my mum put me on my bed and then took pics of me hahaha!

more recently, me and my bf went out for dinner and cocktails after, id drunk my way through £30 on cocktails before he finished his first, got incredibly drunk, spilt cocktail all down my new white trousers and i got it in and on my brand new designer bag, i ripped a hole in my top and smashed my glass accidentially by dropping it. got home and had to crawl along the hallway as i couldnt stand, threw up on the floor a few times and on one occasion right NEXT to the toilet.
Original post by shawtyb
took practise haha!
on one occasion, we was all at a friends private bar, me, my mum, my step dad and my sister amongst at least 10 other people
i staggered up to the bathroom to go toilet and i threw up in the bath rather out of the blue.
i couldnt poke it down the drain so my first thought was to scoop it up with my hands and put it in the toilet and flush it instead.

later that evening, took 3 full grown men to get me to the car, my mum had to hold a bucket for me as i wasnt capable of doing it myself, they then helped me up the stairs when we got home and my mum put me on my bed and then took pics of me hahaha!

more recently, me and my bf went out for dinner and cocktails after, id drunk my way through £30 on cocktails before he finished his first, got incredibly drunk, spilt cocktail all down my new white trousers and i got it in and on my brand new designer bag, i ripped a hole in my top and smashed my glass accidentially by dropping it. got home and had to crawl along the hallway as i couldnt stand, threw up on the floor a few times and on one occasion right NEXT to the toilet.

Holy crap! How old were you when you first got wasted?
Holy crap! How old were you when you first got wasted?

older then 13, younger then 16
im 23 now and the story about my cocktail and my bag an top etc, well that was the arse end of last year...
Original post by shawtyb
took practise haha!

happy time !
i have not drunk any alcohol since September... will start again in the Summer Holidays :h:
Original post by the bear
happy time !
i have not drunk any alcohol since September... will start again in the Summer Holidays :h:

i rarely drink due to child commitments and im poor haha
when i do, i dont do it in halves lol
go hard or go home
Original post by shawtyb
i rarely drink due to child commitments and im poor haha
when i do, i dont do it in halves lol
go hard or go home

i do have 15 bottles of wine in the kitchen...

Here's some advice -

Don't drink vodka on an empty stomach. :coma:
Original post by the bear
i do have 15 bottles of wine in the kitchen...

what!!
i cant even save them! i open them the day i buy them :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending