The Student Room Group

Drinking

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gameofno
Oh cool I go for family too :':wink: I used to go Syria for fun but yeah seriously after the war it practically became undoable :frown: yeah but I seriously love it thereeeee! :love: and all the hot people lol
Thank you I shall :biggrin: are you travelling anywhere this year?
HAHAHAH dw I don't think something that extreme will happen to me! either way I'm a girl so if I ended up with an angry Russian I'd be quite pleased if he was a guy :':wink:

Aha im heading over to turkey for a holiday with a few friends this year so i wont be too far from lebanon, its the same friends from the pub so anything can happen, ive even placed a bet on one of us ending up in another country just hope we dont overdo it and end up in syria, there are some drunken mistakes you seriously cant fix.
Reply 41
Original post by Bigcityc*ck
Aha im heading over to turkey for a holiday with a few friends this year so i wont be too far from lebanon, its the same friends from the pub so anything can happen, ive even placed a bet on one of us ending up in another country just hope we dont overdo it and end up in syria, there are some drunken mistakes you seriously cant fix.

No way I've always wanted to goooo to turkey I've seen photos and it's gorgeous :frown: have fun there!
HAHAHHA DUDE be careful seriously, at least make sure one of your friends doesn't get hammered so that they can guide you if you're about to do something that bad:')
No way I've always wanted to goooo to turkey I've seen photos and it's gorgeous :frown: have fun there!
HAHAHHA DUDE be careful seriously, at least make sure one of your friends doesn't get hammered so that they can guide you if you're about to do something that bad:':wink:

Problem is im the one they all rely on, speaking to you has made me realise this holiday is going to be a disaster. Oh well weve all been through tough situations when we are out and about i can honestly write a book and it will be the best version of hangover you will ever see. I think the fact that weve been through so much together i can confidently and proudly say that syria should get ready for us (should it come down to that).
Reply 43
Problem is im the one they all rely on, speaking to you has made me realise this holiday is going to be a disaster. Oh well weve all been through tough situations when we are out and about i can honestly write a book and it will be the best version of hangover you will ever see. I think the fact that weve been through so much together i can confidently and proudly say that syria should get ready for us (should it come down to that).

Ohhhhh God!!!!😂😂 mate seriously write a book that would be proper banter :') and yeah but at least try to not let it come down to that!!! Good luck though :biggrin:
Ohhhhh God!!!!😂😂 mate seriously write a book that would be proper banter :':wink: and yeah but at least try to not let it come down to that!!! Good luck though :biggrin:

I think luck seems to be on our side everytime😂 These stories will live with us to our graves and we always talk about them. Thank you and make sure you make the most out of your holiday, lebanon should not be taken lightly trust me there are not many countries like it and ive been to many countries smashed off every russian vodka in the book.
Reply 45
I think luck seems to be on our side everytime😂 These stories will live with us to our graves and we always talk about them. Thank you and make sure you make the most out of your holiday, lebanon should not be taken lightly trust me there are not many countries like it and ive been to many countries smashed off every russian vodka in the book.

lmao imagine in like 10 years telling your kids what happened 😂😂😂 HAHAH thanks I'll definitely make the most out of it :')
lmao imagine in like 10 years telling your kids what happened 😂😂😂 HAHAH thanks I'll definitely make the most out of it :':wink:

Imagine😂😂
Had a house party for my 18th (just over a month ago) and this one guy who's a total lightweight threw up after 2 jagerbombs and a rum and coke. I wasn't entirely sober either because I'd already had quite a bit before the party started but clearing it up wasn't pleasant. Fortunately it was outside as it was a very nice evening and I let people go in my garden. I ended up pretty smashed that night though. I think I had about half a bottle of vodka by myself.
First time I got drunk I was 13, it was a bad idea. Probs good to wait until your 18, it should be fun as long as no one drinks too much. Try not to mix multiple different drinks at once because that made me ill for days:biggrin::s-smilie:
Some people actually wait till they're 18?
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
So, I have a couple of friends who are always like that they plan to get drunk at 18. Personally, I kinda want to just for the banter and experience but then again I'm kinda scared. Any drunk-at-eighteen stories anyone wants to share or any advice or opinions. I'm open for all :smile:

I enjoy the causal drink and sometimes a bit more. It's fun and social etc.

The one thing that staggers me about medschool is we learn about drugs and things that cause disease and harm and out and away alcohol is one of the worst. We often overlook it's danger. If it was a drug discovered now, it would be graded as a class A and the government would react very differently to it. Alcohol linked problems costs the NHS hundreds of million a year.

My 3rd year ward rounds changed my view on it for life. I saw sstudents who've binged drink to the point where their liver will fail in a few years, to alcoholics who would sell their kidney just to buy another drink. It was one of the most humbling things I've ever done and frankly it's appalling that it's not better regulated. When you see people die or have their lives ruined by it, it sort of changes you.

I still drink a few times a week with friends or for a catch up etc and I know my limits. I enjoy the variety and the social elements drinking offers, and admittedly I wouldn't stop drinking all together. Learn to enjoy it as something that can add something to your life but not overtake it completely. You don't need to drink because others are and you certainly don't need to drink to have fun.

Stay safe and make sure you educate yourself so you know your limit! Most importantly, enjoy!
Original post by the bear
the original Alcopop :colondollar:

i actually LOVE alcopops
Original post by Ross Cameron
Had a house party for my 18th (just over a month ago) and this one guy who's a total lightweight threw up after 2 jagerbombs and a rum and coke. I wasn't entirely sober either because I'd already had quite a bit before the party started but clearing it up wasn't pleasant. Fortunately it was outside as it was a very nice evening and I let people go in my garden. I ended up pretty smashed that night though. I think I had about half a bottle of vodka by myself.

i was at a house party once and this guy pissed on the hosts bed!
Reply 53
Original post by MainlyMathsHelp
So, I have a couple of friends who are always like that they plan to get drunk at 18. Personally, I kinda want to just for the banter and experience but then again I'm kinda scared. Any drunk-at-eighteen stories anyone wants to share or any advice or opinions. I'm open for all :smile:

Down a bottle of water before you go to bed and you'll feel fresh as a daisy in the morning. Beer before wine is fine but wine before beer oh dear. Trust me on that one my dad always said it and after a couple of nights throwing up in bushes i now listen. Black out drunk isn't fun because you actually can't remember which defeats the point so have a couple drinks wait till it hits you then carry on. If you do like 8 shots at once then have a couple of beers it will hit you all in one go at probably won't be pretty, i did 16 birthday shots on my 16th and i have no idea what happened after, it wasn't fun. If you do stupid things drunk don't worry about it just laugh about it were all idiots at heart and alcohol reveals it :tongue:
Original post by shawtyb
i was at a house party once and this guy pissed on the hosts bed!

In terms of actual advice: making cocktails with honey in it really helps towards avoiding hangovers or being sick - I recommend one I made with Vodka, Sprite and honey
First time drinking at 13 in lebanon at a super nightclub(strip club), got to love corrupt countries.

When i was 18, first night at uni and so me and a few close friends decided to go for a "quite one" down at the local pub, woke up the next morning in a portaloo with a russian prostitute in barcelona. Like i say all the time im sure it was a great night, just cant seem to remember a f*cking thing.

Wow I think this story wins the award for most outrageous thing that happened when drunk.
Original post by .cat.
Down a bottle of water before you go to bed and you'll feel fresh as a daisy in the morning. Beer before wine is fine but wine before beer oh dear. Trust me on that one my dad always said it and after a couple of nights throwing up in bushes i now listen. Black out drunk isn't fun because you actually can't remember which defeats the point so have a couple drinks wait till it hits you then carry on. If you do like 8 shots at once then have a couple of beers it will hit you all in one go at probably won't be pretty, i did 16 birthday shots on my 16th and i have no idea what happened after, it wasn't fun. If you do stupid things drunk don't worry about it just laugh about it were all idiots at heart and alcohol reveals it :tongue:

Great advice that I will take on board! Thanks! And yeah I guess alcohol just reveals the you that you are too afraid to show.
don't do it if your already fine without it trust me, I do it mainly for the confidence it gives me

Posted from TSR Mobile
one time in year 10 we all drank too much at a party, I ended up on the kitchen floor being sick all over myself I couldn't even move my body I was so wasted I was in a state of paralysis, I'm not in second year of college I've no been drunk since then, I don't know why people wanna get that drunk tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending