The Student Room Group

Are England fans the worst in the world?

Scroll to see replies

England fans are terrible and an embarrassment, no question about that. But at the same time, they're other sets of fans just as bad, sometimes worse (Russia fans like today).

But yeah, the arrogance of English fans and their boo'ing of national anthems doesn't help their cause.
Original post by IamJacksContempt
Loud, arrogant and obnixuous. They're delusional about English superiority and about Englands chance of winning.

The best part? They cant handle their drink and they cant even fight (hence the reason they've already been battered by french teenagers and Russians in flip flops.

Pathetic.

Yeah but like england could've easily won so i don't blame them
England fans are not terrible and an embarrassment. strange how it seems to be all minorities and the self righteous middle classes slating hard working lads who are proud of their country, heritage and team. slowly the press will have to change, its getting harder for them to keep spinning their lies with all the footage coming out. now I will probably get a mob of leftists attacking me, ooh I forgot, Russia are such a good protector of human rights :L HAVE SOME CONSISTENCY AND CONVICTION IN YOUR ARGUEMENTS
Hooligans are degenerate scum and honestly should be purged. They act big in numbers but on they're own are literal manchildren.
Original post by Lord Samosa
England fans are terrible and an embarrassment, no question about that. But at the same time, they're other sets of fans just as bad, sometimes worse (Russia fans like today).

But yeah, the arrogance of English fans and their boo'ing of national anthems doesn't help their cause.

Pretty much disagree with everything you just posted. It reads like you're regurgitating hearsay.
Original post by Lord Samosa

I assume you didn't watch Switzerland vs Albania then? The booing of the anthems in that game was far worse and equal on both sides.
Original post by difeo
The locations for each group and game are decided before the draw is made I believe

They are but UEFA could easily switch them around and rearrange the schedule to avoid highly political situations or flash points based on previous incidents.

We've had another one today with PSG ultras attacking Turkish supporters, to the surprise of absolutely no one. PSG fans even warned before the euros started that Muslim Turks wouldn't be welcome in Paris after the Bataclan
Are English fans the worst in the world?
No, the majority of the fans who are in France are as well behaved as most in other countries. You will always get a few idiots who only for for a fight - but you would find that with most countries. If you think what is currently going on in with English fans in France is bad you obviously haven't seen football in Turkey. The storming inside the stadium last night was a Russian choice not an English one and the booing of the national anthem. Although it's disrespectful (I would not personally boo any national anthem) you will get that at most international football games just like Switzerland v Albania.

Also, this didn't happen (to my recollection) in Brazil 2014, Poland/Ukraine 2012 or South Africa 2010. Maybe it's because it's less distance to travel but the French police seem to be useless at crowd control. According to people who went to the game security was useless and their bags weren't properly checked so anyone could've smuggled anything in to the stadium as seen with the Russian's taking in (rather loud) flares that don't have any place in a football match and also seen in the Turkey v Croatia game today.

You're probably one of those people that blames every Muslim for ISIS.
Original post by clarkey500
Are English fans the worst in the world?
No, the majority of the fans who are in France are as well behaved as most in other countries. You will always get a few idiots who only for for a fight - but you would find that with most countries. If you think what is currently going on in with English fans in France is bad you obviously haven't seen football in Turkey. The storming inside the stadium last night was a Russian choice not an English one and the booing of the national anthem. Although it's disrespectful (I would not personally boo any national anthem) you will get that at most international football games just like Switzerland v Albania.

Also, this didn't happen (to my recollection) in Brazil 2014, Poland/Ukraine 2012 or South Africa 2010. Maybe it's because it's less distance to travel but the French police seem to be useless at crowd control. According to people who went to the game security was useless and their bags weren't properly checked so anyone could've smuggled anything in to the stadium as seen with the Russian's taking in (rather loud) flares that don't have any place in a football match and also seen in the Turkey v Croatia game today.

You're probably one of those people that blames every Muslim for ISIS.

Poland/Ukraine, Brazil and South Africa are all countries which have terrible social problems with gang violence and murders, so major security operations were the top concern for those countries to show they can be trusted to host major tournaments. France is usually a low risk country and they've obviously been a bit complacent in that sense.

Euro 2016 overall has become a chance for the French firms to put themselves on the hooligan map, between that and political tensions running high in Europe it's a recipe for disaster. Outside of the England thing, today we've had German fans displaying nazi flags, Dynamo Dresden fans storming Ukranians, Serbian ultras teaming up with PSG to ambush Galatasaray fans over the Marko Ivkovic murder, Galatasaray fans themselves bringing a "where's Marko?" Banner mocking the fact they stabbed a man to death.

It's been a dark weekend for football
Reply 30
Loud, arrogant and obnixuous. They're delusional about English superiority and about Englands chance of winning.

The best part? They cant handle their drink and they cant even fight (hence the reason they've already been battered by french teenagers and Russians in flip flops.

Pathetic.

I am not sure the ability to fight makes you a good fan...quite the opposite.
Reply 31
Original post by Drewski
I assume you didn't watch Switzerland vs Albania then? The booing of the anthems in that game was far worse and equal on both sides.

Not a fair comparison.

After the Balkan war many people fled to Switzerland. Switzerland's national team consists of many of these. These include Albanians - hence Xhaka playing against his brother - but also those from other areas in the region such as Kosovo. There are deep-rooted political reasons for this. The fans in Switzerland I can assure celebrated the game together.
Might want to read this if you've had your head stuck up your arse:

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/fsf-statement-attacks-on-english-fans-in-marseille-euro2016
Reply 33
What else would they say?

Don't get me wrong, I reckon it's close to the truth, but they would probably have said the same thing if the opposite were true.
Well I've heard an England fan from Wolverhampton (Midlands) has just received a ban from watching football for 5 years, after being caught on camera for throwing a chair during the clashes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Boreism
Well I've heard an England fan from Wolverhampton (Midlands) has just received a ban from watching football for 5 years, after being caught on camera for throwing a chair during the clashes.

Yeah well when the Russians are attacking you what are you meant to do. The policeman that reported him should be sacked as he was "reading a news report on his phone whilst on duty". Why the **** is he doing that on duty, especially at an airport where he presumably is handling a gun. The lad what received the ban is a Birmingham city fan and I am villa however when it's football we should all unite. All the Muslim judges and solicitors who don't know about football or the emotions gave him the sentence they should be ashamed of themselves and that area
Original post by neal95
Yeah well when the Russians are attacking you what are you meant to do. The policeman that reported him should be sacked as he was "reading a news report on his phone whilst on duty". Why the **** is he doing that on duty, especially at an airport where he presumably is handling a gun. The lad what received the ban is a Birmingham city fan and I am villa however when it's football we should all unite. All the Muslim judges and solicitors who don't know about football or the emotions gave him the sentence they should be ashamed of themselves and that area

Agree with most of your statement (but no I'm not saying that I accept or approve violence in any situation).

This sentence though - did you mean we shouldn't fight no matter which football team we support?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Boreism
Agree with most of your statement (but no I'm not saying that I accept or approve violence in any situation).

This sentence though - did you mean we shouldn't fight no matter which football team we support?

What I meant is we should put biases aside and support whoever is right in this situation- personally I think the guy under attack has let his emotions run away with him in throwing the chair which is an understandable reaction when having things thrown at you. Fighting shouldn't happen but you shouldn't be penalised for defending yourself proportionately

Pathetic.

Trained Russian martial artists in flip flops einstein

you like the media are also ignorantly ignoring the clashes between russian vs polish, french vs welsh, irish vs polish, german vs ukrainian, turks vs croats - euro 2016 is the big showcase for europes thugs
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by IanDangerously

There are plenty of other host cities where the local police and local fans don't have the same level of pre existing resentment for England

are there? noone likes the english

Quick Reply

Latest