The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sweeneyrod
Yeah

Cheersss. 4 days enough to learn it to a decent standard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
OK, we have to stop disrespecting D1. It just wants to be a regular maths module.
Original post by physicsmaths
Cheersss. 4 days enough to learn it to a decent standard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably, there isn't really any maths. You just need to learn how not to give up when doing simplex tableau.
Original post by physicsmaths
To get 480 overall?
You need A* maths right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I need 196 UMS this year to get the 480 overall. If I get A* in Maths, I will get at least 180 UMS from C3 and C4 combined, needing 16 UMS from D1 for 480...
Just wanna be on the safe side

No, I don't need to have A* in Maths. I need A*A*A in any combo of my three a levels. I'm really hoping for an A* in Maths though
Original post by EricPiphany
OK, we have to stop disrespecting D1. It just wants to be a regular maths module.

They tried to add some proper maths last year with a question on baby graph theory, but it didn't work. Still better than D2 aka Excel simulator.
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
Doing a past paper now and having to add up 19 event times makes me want to stab something

*That s*** moment when you spot the sum of event times in the question and the calculation has already been done*

:frown: That sucks xD

Original post by Serine Soul
Bloody Prim's vs Kruskal's :|

Trust me it took me three hours the other day to complete a paper :O
Then again I was busy gossiping with my friends at the same time...
D1 turns you into a bad person

Just sleep during

I'm hoping for a B at least in case I miss out on A* across C3/4 :frown:

I know ffs you don't even get time to check and this is the one module you can so easily slip up on an early event time and **** up 8 other marks

I watched Portugal vs Iceland during this one.. Still took me way longer than I'd have liked :lol: This honestly takes longer than any of my other modules (barring FP3 :ninja: haven't even started revising that monstrosity yet. This is a shambles lol)

Wanna hear a joke?

Decision mathematics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Student403

I watched Portugal vs Iceland during this one.. Still took me way longer than I'd have liked :lol: This honestly takes longer than any of my other modules (barring FP3 :ninja: haven't even started revising that monstrosity yet. This is a shambles lol)

Lol @ FP3. My original plan of scraping an A in FP3 has now been messed up thanks to my inability to do maths in FP2
Original post by Insight314
Wanna hear a joke?

Decision mathematics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

[video="youtube;dVQJp8a66Ug"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQJp8a66Ug[/video]
[video="youtube;dVQJp8a66Ug"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVQJp8a66Ug[/video]

why the hell did you upload that

Calling d1 a maths module is like saying australia is in europe because they were in eurovision
Original post by gasfxekl
why the hell did you upload that

You do the matamatesche.
Original post by samb1234
Calling d1 a maths module is like saying australia is in europe because they were in eurovision

LOL

the only difference is Australia outperforms most European countries...

D1 is just down there with S1 being ****heads
You do the matamatesche.

i love bruno
Lol @ FP3. My original plan of scraping an A in FP3 has now been messed up thanks to my inability to do maths in FP2

FP2 wasn't great for many this year - still! FP3's boundaries are forgiving :smile: I'm sure you can get an A or higher still!
Original post by samb1234

maybe they are in europe, who knows. wats eurovision, nvrmind.
Original post by gasfxekl
i love bruno

me too, especially the way he says matamatesche.
FP2 wasn't great for many this year - still! FP3's boundaries are forgiving :smile: I'm sure you can get an A or higher still!

Yeah that's kind of what I'm hoping for - no one can really predict grade boundaries (even though they like to think they can influence it with online petitions) so I'm hoping that maybe I did do enough to just about get an A* in FP2. Regardless, FP3 is going to have to be better because FP2, er, caught me by surprise and ideally FM would be an A* haha
Yeah that's kind of what I'm hoping for - no one can really predict grade boundaries (even though they like to think they can influence it with online petitions) so I'm hoping that maybe I did do enough to just about get an A* in FP2. Regardless, FP3 is going to have to be better because FP2, er, caught me by surprise and ideally FM would be an A* haha

such idiots :facepalm:

What's your Camb offer? :smile:
such idiots :facepalm:

What's your Camb offer? :smile:

The mind boggles...

It's 2A* and 1A in any of Biology, Physics and Further Maths. I got 1 A* in Maths last year but they didn't include it in my offer so it's effectively 3A*, yay

Latest