The Student Room Group

Aqa chem 4/ chem 5 june 2016 thread

Scroll to see replies

The paper was difficult but fair... There's no point making a petition for AQA as they didn't do anything wrong, they just asked the same questions in a different way to see whether students understood the core principles of the course. If you revised the content and not past paper answers I'm sure you were fine.
So many trolls on this discussion 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cave Felem
The paper was difficult but fair... There's no point making a petition for AQA as they didn't do anything wrong, they just asked the same questions in a different way to see whether students understood the core principles of the course. If you revised the content and not past paper answers I'm sure you were fine.

exactly! They asked the same questions with different wording- it just required outside of the box thinking
Anyone prepared to guess grade boundaries? 92 cap? Or too low?
Reply 1604
Unofficial ms?
guys would I lose a mark for putting 1-chloroethanoyl chloride? :frown:
yeah i guess we are not all superstars like you, Einstein. :smile:
Original post by soLit
I don't remember it asking us how to distinguish between the two enantiomers!

DID I MISS A QUESTION OUT!! I NEVER TALKED ABOUT ROTATING PLANE POLARISED LIGHT ....

Same I didn't see one either?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ahsan_ijaz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah me neither :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Windowswind123
Anyone prepared to guess grade boundaries? 92 cap? Or too low?

I think 90 cap, possibly slightly lower.

Last year's paper (which had a 92 cap) was significantly easier than this.
Original post by SubwayLover1
Guys - I need an A* but I think I have dropped 15-20 marks? No hope!

There is always hope.
AQA set a ridiculous exam, and our group is dedicated, led by myself, to forming an already outstanding argument to AQA and making a petition, we are a FB group and will start the petition in the next few days. Our numbers our nearing 1000 and I only started it at round 6:30pm.
A lot of people think this is unfair and they are right for reasons shown on the group.
Here is the link, join us, spread this link far and wide, share it on all social media and with family and friends and school and classmates, get as many people as you can to join then we can get some justice.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/148389988911787

I know we all have exams, just join us, share us and pop back in every few hours to see updates and when we'll be ready to petition.
there wasn't any questions to do with bromine number was there?
Grade boundary predictions?
Cap- 90
A*- 83
A- 75
??
Original post by ahsan_ijaz

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe, not sure- i did so many past papers perhaps i got confused. Probably didn't show excuse that question on the unofficial ms
Original post by Cadherin
I think 112 and 114 will be allowed, as the probability of 35 : 35 is equal to that of 35 : 37
Well thats one more mark gone.
Original post by no-1
i noticed that. Made me stop and think for a bit, but I left it. Seemed to work out?

did anybody else get the same?
Original post by 26december
Yeah it's from June 14 exam
When Silver Fluoride dissolves in water at 25 degrees, the free energy change is -9 kJ mol-1. Use this info and data from table 2 to calculate a value with units for the entropy change when silver fluoride dissolves in water at 25 degrees.

so ∆G = -9
∆H = -15
T = 298

How do I rearrange it to get ∆S on the left hand side is what I'm asking and is there a certain way of doing it because I have no idea haha

This is a bit late (sorry for that!) But here's how I would do it.

Ok, so you know delta G, enthalpy and the temperature so using the origional equation, just plug the values in.

so,

-9=-15-((delta S)*298)

1. Bring the -15 over to the other side (ie add 15 to both sides)

6=-298S

2.divide 6 by -298

S= -0.02

3.Convert this into the correct units

= 20.13JK^-1Mol^-1

Does that make sense??
Last year quite a few people got the paper, has anyone managed/will manage to get the paper?
Has anyone got access to that paper?

And join this FB group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/148389988911787

We are making a very strong template argument, so everyone can copy and paste it to their email and indicidually send it off to AQA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending