The Student Room Group

Orlando shooter was a Muslim, supported ISIS

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zamestaneh
The reinterpretation is not 'equally' justifiable since nothing can equate to how Islam was originally understood by its founders.

So you do believe that homosexuality is a crime that carries a death penalty in your self-envisioned interpretation of what an Islamic state is?

And yes, frankly I don't care if we are being offered a PR boost if we sell our beliefs in exchange.

Ah, next time a Muslim complains about anti-Muslim bigotry, I shall point them here. When one is absolutely unwilling to give or take, then no progress will ever be made. This right here is the reason anti-Muslim bigotry in the west will continue to increase and get worse. So just remember that it is this attitude which makes you culpable for anti-Muslim bigotry.
Original post by Zamestaneh
Say Muslims have a problem with alcohol. Because of this, Muslims may have an aversion to alcoholics regarding their drinking; if there is an attack on alcoholics which leaves a number of them dead, the solution isn't to try and reinterpret Islam to stop Muslims hating alcohol, rather at most one should encourage to live and let live within reasonable bounds.

Similarly the solution to this issue is not reinterpreting Islam to make homosexual acts and sodomy permissible, rather just simply encouraging live and let live is sufficient.

The reinterpretation is not 'equally' justifiable since nothing can equate to how Islam was originally understood by its founders. And yes, frankly I don't care if we are being offered a PR boost if we sell our beliefs in exchange.

That's by far the worst comparison you could make. Consuming alcohol is not punishable by death in Islam, homosexuality is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite funny that he supported ISIS yet if he was truly gay then they'd have wanted him dead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RattyVlogger
You just proved my point. No verse in the Qur'an states that one should go outside and start shooting homosexuals. The person started shooting because he is "mentally unstable."

Not that I agree that Islam is to blame but a book written over a millennium ago is unlikely to reference guns...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
ISIS will not rest until it has established it's tyrannical caliphate or else been destroyed. Radical Islamism must meet with targeted use of force

I have been warning of this escalation for such a long time now, each atrocity that plays out only confirms my reluctant prophecy

The Clash of Civilisations is verily upon us and soon we shall see a desperate and bloody struggle

Homosexuals, Jews, and other groups deemed sinful by these people are all suffering, why?

Because of a perverse post-colonial guilt complex + misplaced sense of progressivism

This will bring devastation to our doorsteps unless we wake up, and fast

The time will soon come when the choice is reason or treason

The greatest victims will surely be Muslims, tragically

We need to ask some tough questions

#ReligionOfPeace

this article will help to understand these apocalyptic nutters:

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/
The intolerant, uneducated, xenophobic elements to some of these posts are appalling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending