The Student Room Group

OCR (non mei) D1 Wednesday 15th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Heisenberg___
Thank you!!

Amazing thanks

But surely if A-C was shorter than A-B, the shorter one would've already been selected during Nearest Neighbour.

screw this module, i need to ace c3 and 4 to get the a*

Not necessarily! Where it may say AC it may be through multiple nodes with order less than than it would be otherwise.

It would be clearer in an actual question, sorry
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Haha that's my plan, although I still don't fully understand the concepts. I am taking with FMSP (self-teach) and all the other topics (Diff. eqn., further complex, and even vectors) make sense, but group theory is so different I find it hard to comprehend with no teacher. I think that's what I'll end up doing though. The good ol' memorising mark scheme technique-proven failure lol :tongue:

Have you taken D2, I started learning the topics a week before the exam and was probably my best exam after FP1, that say's a lot about how the exams have gone so far :colone:

Was that this year's D2 paper? If so it was absolutely glorious :P loved that paper!
Original post by Gogregg
Was that this year's D2 paper? If so it was absolutely glorious :P loved that paper!

Yep. Knowing OCR though an A will probably be 63-66
Original post by Sonnyjimisgod
Yep. Knowing OCR though an A will probably be 63-66

Wouldn't surprise me! :lol:
They hopefully wouldn't be that high though, they never are for the decision modules so let's hope they stick to that pattern :colondollar:
Original post by rich1334
Yeah group theory is just weird and really doesn't have a place in A Level maths, it's totally unrelatable to anything!

Are you doing the whole A2 FM in one year? That's brutal!

This year I'm doing M2 (OCR consulted with Satan this year for that paper...), D1, C3, C4, FP2 and FP3. I need A*AA this year so 90 in C3 + C4 and 19 UMS in D1 so tomorrow isn't a big deal :tongue: As long as I average 66 UMS in Further this year I should be safe for an A!

What about you?

How did you work that out? 19 ums?? Is this because you got high in AS? What about AS further maths? How many do you need for an A in AS FM?
Reply 45
Original post by Christina Tiana
How did you work that out? 19 ums?? Is this because you got high in AS? What about AS further maths? How many do you need for an A in AS FM?

He got 281 UMS in AS maths and needs 480 UMS for A*
in simplex, if all the columns have the same value in the top row, how do you chose a pivot column?
Reply 47
Original post by CurtisRajar
in simplex, if all the columns have the same value in the top row, how do you chose a pivot column?

That is unlikely and OCR will always tell you which column to pivot from
Original post by SGHD26716
That is unlikely and OCR will always tell you which column to pivot from

yeah thats what i thought but in the jan 2013 paper it doesnt :frown:
hopefully that doesnt happen today
thank you though
Simplexes are always maximise aren't they not minimise?
Polly was chatting pure ****, I spent like 20 minutes trying to draw that bloody graph.

In general, not too bad. Didn't like the linear programming question and polly can suck a dick, but I'm optimistic.

Found the last question to be quite fun :P
Did anyone else get really strange fractional values for the minimum cost part of William's dress making, like C = 349x + 399y?
Anyone else feel like it was a really good paper? I'm expecting high boundaries for D1

Didnt completely get the last question though, but it wasn't worth many marks anyway :tongue:
Original post by throwmeaway1102
Did anyone else get really strange fractional values for the minimum cost part of William's dress making, like C = 349x + 399y?

I remember getting 399 and 300 something
I got the same but that means that they could only make 1 dress or 1 pageboy?
Also for the first constraint did you use 99x and 104y as I scrapped that as they emphasised the ALL in the last part of the question but not in the constraint question.
Original post by throwmeaway1102

399x and 329y with a total cost of £1715 :smile:
That was a nice little paper, I felt like it didnt cover the topics fully but just did bits. Bloody Polly's graph took 15 minutes before I got it! I also doubted myself for ages about the graph as the numbers were so unfriendly :tongue:
Original post by rich1334
That was a nice little paper, I felt like it didnt cover the topics fully but just did bits. Bloody Polly's graph took 15 minutes before I got it! I also doubted myself for ages about the graph as the numbers were so unfriendly :tongue:

Any chance you can draw me a graph? I spent 20 minutes on the bugger and still didn't get it 😰
image.jpegDid Pollys graph look like this?
Original post by iubiubiub
I got the same but that means that they could only make 1 dress or 1 pageboy?
Also for the first constraint did you use 99x and 104y as I scrapped that as they emphasised the ALL in the last part of the question but not in the constraint question.

You had to factor in the costs seperately. There was no constraint in the cost of the person's time, you just had to plug in the cost for time (300x + 225y) to the values you tested for the previous question and the cost of materials (which DID have to be less than 600) to get x = 1, y = 4 at a cost of 1725 as the minimum cost

Original post by Charco63
image.jpegDid Pollys graph look like this?
Yes, it did.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending