The Student Room Group

Why have Leeds not included my EPQ in their offer?

Hi, I recently declined all my offers to go through ucas extra and apply to Leeds for a different course. They gave me an offer for ABB which is their standard offer, however they say on their website that those with epq's will be given an offer of BBB in this case. Really don't think I'm going to meet this, don't understand why they didn't drop the grade in their offer??? 😩 All my other unis did, plus because I went through extra I've got no insurance - feeling like I have a genuine chance of not going to uni now 😭
Reply 1
Original post by ellie o
Hi, I recently declined all my offers to go through ucas extra and apply to Leeds for a different course. They gave me an offer for ABB which is their standard offer, however they say on their website that those with epq's will be given an offer of BBB in this case. Really don't think I'm going to meet this, don't understand why they didn't drop the grade in their offer??? 😩 All my other unis did, plus because I went through extra I've got no insurance - feeling like I have a genuine chance of not going to uni now 😭

Ask them. They may have a reason or may have made a mistake, but only they will know.
Reply 2
Original post by ellie o

As Juno said, check with them.

Although their website says:
"In some cases admissions tutors may wish to make an alternative offer to applicants, one of which involves successful completion of the Extended Project (eg AAA at A level or AAB plus the Extended Project)."

But in any event a one (or even 2) grade miss from your offer may be accepted anyway.
Reply 3
Thanks guys, I'll email them. You don't think they'll think I'm being rude or anything and decline me?? I know it sound silly but I have heard some stories...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ellie o
Thanks guys, I'll email them. You don't think they'll think I'm being rude or anything and decline me?? I know it sound silly but I have heard some stories...

Posted from TSR Mobile

They CAN'T withdraw an offer because you ask them a question.
Reply 5
Original post by ellie o

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you phrase it nicely then it will be fine. If you're rude and demand they change the offer they will think you're rude.

Although they can't withdraw your offer they could refuse to change it and could put a note on your file to not be lenient if you miss the offer.
Reply 6
Original post by Juno
If you phrase it nicely then it will be fine. If you're rude and demand they change the offer they will think you're rude.

Although they can't withdraw your offer they could refuse to change it and could put a note on your file to not be lenient if you miss the offer.

I honestly doubt it...

But yes being pleasant is always a good idea in these situations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno

Original post by jneill
I honestly doubt it...

But yes being pleasant is always a good idea in these situations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would in those circumstances! :tongue:
Reply 8
Original post by ageshallnot
I would in those circumstances! :tongue:

:shakecane:
Original post by jneill
:shakecane:

I'm not nice enough to be a mod!