The Student Room Group

misspelled my name :/

well i misspelled my name on all the exams paper i done tell now, i used to write my name usually different my entire life than how it was in the statement of entry, and when i filled my statement of entry to apply at IGCSE i wrote my name as exact as my passport, so when i came to exams i forgot the fact that i should write my name exactly from the statement of entry and did wrote it the way i used to do my entire life
I,m hell panicking about it because it is worst mistake that can be done, however i signed attendance and wrote center number+candidate number correctly
but not sure if they will make a problem for my misspelled name on all the 7 igcse i done this session :/
Well they say the first question is spelling your name correctly. The name on the front doesn't matter unless you forgot to put the cand. number so you are fine
Original post by lil_jack
well i misspelled my name on all the exams paper i done tell now, i used to write my name usually different my entire life than how it was in the statement of entry, and when i filled my statement of entry to apply at IGCSE i wrote my name as exact as my passport, so when i came to exams i forgot the fact that i should write my name exactly from the statement of entry and did wrote it the way i used to do my entire life
I,m hell panicking about it because it is worst mistake that can be done, however i signed attendance and wrote center number+candidate number correctly
but not sure if they will make a problem for my misspelled name on all the 7 igcse i done this session :/

Honestly it's fne in one of my gcse exams i forgot to write my name and on the other i didn't put my candidate number and they still got marked. Invigilators have to sort through all your exams and put all your exams in one pile. They will then fill in anything that has been forgot or done incorrectly and send it off for marking.
Original post by lil_jack

I fear I misspelled my candidate name on one of my papers too, not entirely sure, but I think there is a chance I might have. I am however 100% sure my candidate number and centre number is correct. Since your query was a while ago .... I'd like to know whether this was an issue for you or not and should I be worried?
Reply 4
Original post by Afras Shahnawaz
I fear I misspelled my candidate name on one of my papers too, not entirely sure, but I think there is a chance I might have. I am however 100% sure my candidate number and centre number is correct. Since your query was a while ago .... I'd like to know whether this was an issue for you or not and should I be worried?

It won't be an issue. People often put the wrong name, or the forename and surname and wrong way round. The papers are all checked by the exam officer before they're dispatched and if there were any significant issues they'd have asked you to alter it
Every single one of my GCSE exam certificates is spelled incorrectly. There's an added letter in my first name that shouldn't be there.
It has honestly never made the slightest bit of difference.
Wouldn’t it cause problems when you apply to university cause the name is not written exactly how it’s written in your passport?
Reply 7
Original post by akinuicarc
Wouldn’t it cause problems when you apply to university cause the name is not written exactly how it’s written in your passport?

The OP was asking about have misspelt their name on an exam paper - that has no long lasting effects at all as they put the name you were entered for exams as on the certificate, not what you write on one paper.

People change their names surprisingly often between their first GCSE and finishing their A levels and so their certificates show different names and it's fine. There is often an issue with names originally in a different script, e.g. Arabic, as the spelling of them in English letters often isn't consistent.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest