The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sop98
Help? For the study question I did brown et al and interviews anyone else ???????? Is this wrong ????

Wasn't the study meant to be on schizophrenia??
Original post by Youraveragegirl

Nope, it said clinical could be schizophrenia or another mental illness you looked at (I did anorexia)
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
Nope, it said clinical could be schizophrenia or another mental illness you looked at (I did anorexia)

Oh right! Then yes! Brown would be correct for depression :smile: I did both schizophrenia and unipolar depression thats why!
Original post by alssaedwds
I did yeah:smile:

Ah thank god! Worried so much that the main research method was Animal studies😢 but its both and its a opinionated question?! We better not get capped on our max marks for that question
Anyone have a list of all questions and marks from the unit 3 paper please?
Reply 885
Original post by Youraveragegirl

Oh really ?! Do you think I will still get the interview marks
It said clinical not schizophrenia , I did brown et al too
Reply 887
Original post by ecreate
It said clinical not schizophrenia , I did brown et al too

What method did you use ?
Original post by Sop98
What method did you use ?

Interviews , I said rich qualitative data?
Original post by rrayhan
could someone please help im currently panicking, i dont think i answered 9b correct, i wrote methods officers could implement to make soldiers better like slt and sfp. is that correct ? if not will i gain any marks at all, because im currently terrified

I also used SLT and SFP but not sure if it's correct? Did we have to link it back to the soldiers all the way through the explanation and evaluation? I just wrote a sentence at the start of how it applied to the soldiers.
Original post by Lillah
I managed to finish on time but I had to cut a few questions short. I had to miss half of the question which asked about comparing two scientific research methods (with studies) because I couldn't remember any studies from the biological approach :frown: Hopefully I didn't miss out too many marks

Agreed:frown: I wish you the best though! Hope i'm not bothering you too much, but what did you write for the 'content analysis' question? I was slightly confused as to what exactly 'gender issues' meant
Reply 891
Original post by ecreate
Interviews , I said rich qualitative data?

That sounds right ! I can't remember what I put
For the symptoms and how the social norms definition would relate or whatever
I spoke about delusions/hallucinations & lack of personal hygiene. Credit worthy?
Original post by rileystringer1
Hi :biggrin: French was great actually considering I hadn't even looked at it since March :lol:

Well I kinda knew I wasn't gonna get any lower than a B in anything cos to get a B in French I'd have to lose 60 marks which just isn't gona happen (out of 158), human bio im sure ill get an A if i revise all day tomoz for unit 4 thursday and do past papers all week for unit 5 next thursday

I dont think ill get any less than a B in psych, i shouldnt, if by some miracle i scrape am A(*) that would be great but more likely to get a B

Still, AAB would make me happy

ah, that's amazing.
i'll find you on results day to see what you got :redface:

(not literally find you)
Original post by chickenfoot
ah, that's amazing.
i'll find you on results day to see what you got :redface:

(not literally find you)

Hahah you too, good luck
Does primary data count as a research method😂😂😂 sorry if thisis a dumb q
Original post by Bijoux1801
Does primary data count as a research method😂😂😂 sorry if thisis a dumb q

No & yes it is a dumb question & dw
No & yes it is a dumb question & dw

what did you write for the content analysis question? What exactly did it mean by 'gender issues'? Thanks!
Original post by FritoJane
what did you write for the content analysis question? What exactly did it mean by 'gender issues'? Thanks!

Would love to know myself :lol: I spoke about picking published books only, getting them from the closest public library for practicality, using a number generator to select two to analyse, raw themes (such as confusion and stereotype), higher order themes (such as dysphoria), dimensions (gender issues involving society or not). Count number of times higher order themes came up, whichever one came up most can be seen as most important in children's books

I literally just made it all up, probably got >at most< 3/9
Would love to know myself :lol: I spoke about picking published books only, getting them from the closest public library for practicality, using a number generator to select two to analyse, raw themes (such as confusion and stereotype), higher order themes (such as dysphoria), dimensions (gender issues involving society or not). Count number of times higher order themes came up, whichever one came up most can be seen as most important in children's books

I literally just made it all up, probably got >at most< 3/9

wow that sounds on point! compared to my one it sounds waaaay better. Lol i feel kinda stupid now... i took 'gender issues' as something related to stereotyped behavior such as women doing chores etc :colondollar: oh well, there go my marks lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending