The Student Room Group

Go in for results day?

Okay so I'm currently not sure on if I should go in for results day or not. Our school has the option to have our results to be emailed to us and the benefits of this is if a result is maybe not what I want it to be there won't be people around and I don't think I could face my teacher, however going into school will be a good atmosphere and I will be able to say bye to my teachers and celebrate if I do good with others. What are you guys doing? Going in or home??
Reply 1
im not going in
Original post by Allergic2Cyanide
Okay so I'm currently not sure on if I should go in for results day or not. Our school has the option to have our results to be emailed to us and the benefits of this is if a result is maybe not what I want it to be there won't be people around and I don't think I could face my teacher, however going into school will be a good atmosphere and I will be able to say bye to my teachers and celebrate if I do good with others. What are you guys doing? Going in or home??

Just say if you didn't get the results that you wanted and you opened them with your friends it would be quite awkward then, meanwhile when your at home no one is there to see them.
I would say go in, results day was personally really exciting for me, and I missed out for my A-Levels one. It's a really good atmosphere, even with people being just as scared as you are. And If you're worried about them, then just slip off somewhere quiet to open the envelope, or don't open it there and wait to get home!
This might me the last time you get to see some people and especially the people you're not so friendly with, they make a big part of your life, it's definitely worth saying goodbye and good luck :smile:
Going to check track first and if I get in to uni, I'll go into sixth form

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rubybrown1234
I would say go in, results day was personally really exciting for me, and I missed out for my A-Levels one. It's a really good atmosphere, even with people being just as scared as you are. And If you're worried about them, then just slip off somewhere quiet to open the envelope, or don't open it there and wait to get home!
This might me the last time you get to see some people and especially the people you're not so friendly with, they make a big part of your life, it's definitely worth saying goodbye and good luck :smile:

Thanks :smile: i think i will most likely go into school now then :smile:
Up to you.

Do you want to open your results with your friends or would you like to open them quietly by yourself?

Personally, I think it's better if you go with your friends because if you don't get the results you want then you have your friends to just laugh it off or to talk to if you really want. Afte all, they're your friends and they're not (or shouldn't) judge you by your results.
- I went to school to collect my gcse results, congratulate ppl and say bye but I took mine home and actually opened them there. Just checked emails for my as levels, I guess the benefit of it at home is that you can celebrate/or not however you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I am going to go in for mine to get all A*, an A**( with distinction) in Further Maths and an A in additional maths( the highest grade for that).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unfortunately, I'm on holiday for most of Summer. I really want to be the first to look at my results :frown:
I'd advice you to go in! I definitely am. If you don't want to share your results with your friends or teachers then that's your choice and they will respect that.
go in collect it, say bye and then leave and look at your results at home:wink:
Its up to you I guess. I am definitely going to go but I'm not sure if I'm going to let my parents come.
Your choice, but I'm going in.
Lol, the way you're all saying "I'm going in" makes you seem like soldiers. :rofl:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest