OCR (non mei) D1 Wednesday 15th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

grade boundaries: 55/56 for A?
Unofficial mark scheme anyone?
Reply 62
Original post by rich1334
399x and 329y with a total cost of £1715 :smile:

Got the same as you. 4 pageboys and 1 bridesmaid
For question 7, it said find the lower bound starting and finishing a Y but in part a you deleted vertex Q. Did you have to delete vertex Y for this part? Anyone get 102 minutes for lower bound?
For the last question did people get the route of weight 295 minutes?
Original post by Furthermaths100
For the last question did people get the route of weight 295 minutes?

I did nearest neighbour from Q as asked, looked at that cycle and created one from Y which was bang on 300 :smile:
Reply 66
I got for the lower bound 118 and upper bound as 135? Also for the last question was it exactly 300?
It asked for the lower bound starting and ending at Y. That means delete arcs attached to Y. So surely 102 and not 118.
Original post by JL72SR
I got for the lower bound 118 and upper bound as 135? Also for the last question was it exactly 300?

I got 295 as weight of cycle was 130, weight of the stops was 30x5+10+5 so 165, add them is 295.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 69
I did nearest neighbour from Q as asked, looked at that cycle and created one from Y which was bang on 300 :smile:

I also got bang on 300 :smile:
Original post by RmAthS
I also got bang on 300 :smile:

Weight of cycle 130 right? So surely 165 waiting time as you wouldn't wait at Y
I got 295 as weight of cycle was 130, weight of the stops was 30x5+10+5 so 165, add them is 295.

Two of the stops were 5 minutes...
I reckon 66 - 100 UMS
61 - A*
55 - A
50 - B
Weight of cycle 130 right? So surely 165 waiting time as you wouldn't wait at Y

The stops in the questions were as follows:

2x5 minutes, 1x10 minutes and 5x30 minutes. You need to stop at Y so the visitors could look around the place :smile:
Very poor mark scheme:
I just typed number that I saw on my paper into my calc, pretty sure the pageboy bit is wrong but oh well...
25 13 211
1785 (think it's 1715 or something)
The stops in the questions were as follows:

2x5 minutes, 1x10 minutes and 5x30 minutes. You need to stop at Y so the visitors could look around the place :smile:

Oh right I though the waiting time was for rest time, didn't read the question properly...
Reply 76
For the last question it asked for a close route is that the same as a closed cycle? I assumed it meant you didn't have to back to the start but from looking at this I don't that is correct.
Original post by uuss00
For the last question it asked for a close route is that the same as a closed cycle? I assumed it meant you didn't have to back to the start but from looking at this I don't that is correct.

You had to go back to Y.
I've been looking like a complete tit for the past hour by saying 'Percy Li' in a variety of different tones, accents, volumes and speeds in order to see if OCR chucked in another pun (remember Roland Kneede the baker and Rhoda Raghe the avid driver with a horrendously contrived surname?). Anybody made any progress?

iirc the question was about road maintenance?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by rebirth61213
I've been looking like a complete tit for the past hour by saying 'Percy Li' in a variety of different tones, accents, volumes and speeds in order to see if OCR chucked in another pun (remember Roland Kneede the baker and Rhoda Raghe the avid driver with a horrendously contrived surname?). Anybody made any progress?

iirc the question was about road maintenance?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending