The Student Room Group

OCR MEI D1 15th June & M1 17th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Here's a graph showing the grade boundaries over the previous years. I don't know if 2016 can be estimated from it using the difficulty from those years.
OCR MEI D1 Grade Boundaries.JPG
Original post by KR1701
I have just come out of that exam; it couldn't have gone worse. I did not finish, and was unable to answer most questions with confidence. I hope I am not the only one that feels that way.

Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
for the critical path, was B a predecessor of A as B was pick the rest of actors, and A was pick the main actors, so did they try to trick us out? because that wasn't in the text nor did it say you had to prepare the scenery before actually installing it?? and what were peoples inequalities for the LP q.....
Can anyone remember what they got for the constraints how did you find the other constraints
x is greater than or equal to 20
y is greater than or equal to 24
they gave us x+y+z=20
i think the first constraint from part i, i got total Area wasted = 0.08x + 0.21y + 0.04z
Original post by thebearissquare
Can anyone remember what they got for the constraints how did you find the other constraints
x is greater than or equal to 20
y is greater than or equal to 24
they gave us x+y+z=20
i think the first constraint from part i, i got total Area wasted = 0.08x + 0.21y + 0.04z

I got that too mate but then another was x + y is greater and equal to 44.
Does anybody remember how many marks the linear programming question was out of? Absolute joke and dropped every single mark!
Original post by bethygirl
Does anybody remember how many marks the linear programming question was out of? Absolute joke and dropped every single mark!

16 all together, 7 for the last part with the graph, 3 marks for the bit before that, formulating the lp
definitely dropped about 10
Reply 47
For the linear programming one, I tried to say x=2A (defined A as product 1), Y=A+B (Defined B as product 2), then Z= 2B, (rather than 3B fmllll).
I then substituted in for my constraints
1)X+Y>=20
2)Z+Y>=24
3)Y+X+Z=20
to get:
3A+B>=20
A+3B>= 24
3A+3B=20
Then plotted it.
Would I get any method marks for this at all?
Or would I even have got it right if I had substituted in z=3B rather than z=2b?
Reply 48
That paper was ridiculous, I don't see why the exam board should make a question which Is near impossible to answer, it's ridiculous, there goes my A , possibly b , possible c
Original post by ineedA
That paper was ridiculous, I don't see why the exam board should make a question which Is near impossible to answer, it's ridiculous, there goes my A , possibly b , possible c

I know its not much consolation, but you arent the only one :rofl:
For the simulation question, how would you interpret the results? It worth like 3 marks.
Reply 51
Original post by JordanL_
I know its not much consolation, but you arent the only one :rofl:

Literally everyone who did th exam in my school couldn't do the LP and the question after that, that's about 18 marks
And is n=7 when the p<0.5?
Reply 53
Original post by lilrabbits

N is less than7
Original post by ineedA
Literally everyone who did th exam in my school couldn't do the LP and the question after that, that's about 18 marks

Yep, I did parts of the LP question but the activity network after it I just couldnt do.

I think thats what I got.

For the simulation question, how would you interpret the results? It worth like 3 marks.

I think I said they made a net loss or something like that and then gave the mean which was like -1100/5 or something. Then said its not a good strategy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 55

I said he had a 0.6 chance of winning within 3 attempts at nicholas' technique.
Not 3 marks worthy at all, but I heard some people talking about the average winnings to losses, and apparently if you tally up all his loses and add on his wins, (in £), he will average a loss, fml should have said that.
Worst exam yet apart from fp1. Ran out of time so i couldnt do prims, and I think i messed up the linear programming.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ineedA
N is less than7

How did you get that? Thanks!

yea that's what I got

I calculate the mean and it was a loss so I said his strategy didn't work :tongue: not sure what else you could say

Original post by JordanL_
I think I said they made a net loss or something like that and then gave the mean which was like -1100/5 or something. Then said its not a good strategy.

same

the exam overall was incredibly peak tbh
(edited 7 years ago)
I thought this paper was much harder than the 2014 paper which had extremely low grade boundaries so hopefully they will be similar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending