The Student Room Group

AQA AS FP1 Further Pure 1 15th June 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheLifelessRobot
Here's the mark scheme, when you get the value of theta using the reflection matrix you get a completely different value for theta.

I did this paper yesterday and got theta as 75° - 150°/2 (with an enlargement of 2rt3)😕
Reply 21
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
Here's the mark scheme, when you get the value of theta using the reflection matrix you get a completely different value for theta.

You need to use CAST method to get the right value for 2 theta otherwise the calculator only gives you principle values
Original post by Hjyu1
You need to use CAST method to get the right value for 2 theta otherwise the calculator only gives you principle values

Could you explain it to me in the context of this question?
FP1 and stats S2 in the same morning. Non-stop exams from 9-12 lucky me :'(
Original post by Hjyu1

What's the CAST method?
Original post by rainbowtwist
What's the CAST method?

For that reflection Q:
Other correct alternatives’ include eg Enlargement sf: 12, reflection in y= tan15x

They accept a lot of alternatives, you don't need to use the CAST method.
How did everyone find the exam?
Reply 27
It wasn't too bad did any one get tanx=root 3
Reply 28
I actually think that was too horrible - where were the numerical methods, though...?
Reply 29
It wasn't a hard paper, I knew how to do everything, just ****ed it all up. None of my numbers worked, and that meant I couldn't finish question 9, because my answer to part a just would not work out.

Shall we say that all of my university aspirations have just been flushed down the drain?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Found that harder than last years paper :frown:
Reply 31
Original post by Hjyu1
It wasn't too bad did any one get tanx=root 3

I got tanx=-1/root3, but i maybe wrong :/
Reply 32
Original post by An1998
I got tanx=-1/root3, but i maybe wrong :/

Your talking about the matrix one where your answer would be right, I'm talking about the general solution part b
What did everyone get for q in complex number question

Posted from TSR Mobile
I couldn't do the tanx question and I couldn't find q 😂 hopefully I'll get method marks :/
Reply 35
What did everyone get for their values of k? I got -0.5 and 2 I think. This was question 6 I believe
Was the 'q' question
w^2 +(4+i+q i)w +20 = 0

with w = p+2iq and w^* = p-2iq?
Reply 37
Loved the matrix question anyone remember what they got for the last part of the question???
Reply 38
Original post by Physics Optimist
Was the 'q' question
w^2 +(4+i+q i)w +20 = 0

with w = p+2iq and w^* = p-2iq?

Yes
Original post by bheaton
Yes

Thanks - this was the only one where I think I made a mistake. I got q as -7, -1 and 5. I didn't like 3 values and my Casio didn't agree with me :smile: I think I have one sign error so a probable 1/5 marks?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending