I even didnt revise this part!
I wrote bucket for galvanizing
Car body for painting
Bicycle chain(may be wrong!!) for oiling

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sammeee, I thought it would never come :") at least we have 2 in common
Reply 41
Original post by Igcse1student
Thank you! You seem like you have found the exam easy, what grade are you aiming for??

I didn't find it necessarily easy, but it wasn't extremely difficult. I think for this paper I probs lost like 8-9 marks, so overall I'm just aiming for an A. Hopefully if the grade boundaries are low I'll get an A* though. Fingers crossed! XD
maybe paper 2C is easier than 2CR again 😡 ALWAYS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nusquam
You got it right :smile:

I did a stupid in the exam and wrote food can for painting >< I crossed it out but then I forgot to write car body asdfhjlkasdf.

Do you think I got all of it right? OMG I hate that when you cross something right at the last minute and change it to a wrong answer.
Btw how about the last q (how to obtain a pure dry sample)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by ccchiulam

Posted from TSR Mobile

Err, I wrote that you had to evaporate, cool and then dry?? I'm not too sure though, since I didn't revise this at all haha
Reply 46
Do you think I got all of it right? OMG I hate that when you cross something right at the last minute and change it to a wrong answer.

Yeah, I'm 90% certain you did :smile:
Does it need to be washed with distilled water?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote first you mix the components, stir them, filter the excess ammonia, heat some of the water and leave some of the water to evaporate under the sun.
Oh i miss out filter that one😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope that's only for preparation of insoluble salts, ammonium hydrogenphosphate (or whatever :P) is soluble.
Anyways, I found it quite easy apart from the electrolysis diagram and the final question. Did you guys remember to write the volumes correct to the nearest 0.05 cm^3 ?
The question about mistakes in the steps and the one about the calculated volume were the hardest in my opinion.
The mistakes
Step 1: use volumetric flask (?) instead of beaker
Step2: MgSO4
Step3: remove some water only 😂 so strange

Posted from TSR Mobile
The mistakes
Step 1: use volumetric flask (?) instead of beaker
Step2: MgSO4
Step3: remove some water only 😂 so strange

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote:
Stage 1 sulphuric acid not nitric
Stage 2 don't recall
Stage 3 remove some water 😂
tmp_20964-Screenshot_20160615-193714-964803325.png
I wrote first you mix the components, stir them, filter the excess ammonia, heat some of the water and leave some of the water to evaporate under the sun.

Wrong. You have to boil off some water and cool down the solution to get crystals. The crystals should be filtered and dried in an oven.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You might lose a mark for this. If you wash it with distilled water, it will dissolve again. So you basically go into a loop.
Reply 56
Original post by MohaimenH
You might lose a mark for this. If you wash it with distilled water, it will dissolve again. So you basically go into a loop.

If you are going to wash, use small amount of cold water
Reply 57
I wrote main compound in rust Iron (ii) Oxide instead of Iron (iii) Oxide will I score for this or straight 0 ?
I wrote Cu(ii)O instead of 2Cu0 am I scoring for this or 0 ? idk why I make such silly mistakes :angry:
Reply 58
Original post by Talha9
I wrote main compound in rust Iron (ii) Oxide instead of Iron (iii) Oxide will I score for this or straight 0 ?
I wrote Cu(ii)O instead of 2Cu0 am I scoring for this or 0 ? idk why I make such silly mistakes :angry:

oh my gosh i wrote iron (ii) oxide as well i didn't even realise asdhfjkaldg;ads
Reply 59
Original post by nusquam
oh my gosh i wrote iron (ii) oxide as well i didn't even realise asdhfjkaldg;ads

My friends said it doesn't matter if you wirte Iron ( ii ) oxide or ( iii ) you are scoring in that question. I hope so :/

Quick Reply