The Student Room Group

Official AQA A2 Law June 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NHM
Lmao no - I have 3 exams before it :/

Original post by JPFM
So do I, I think i'll be alright for unit 3 but i'm not sure about unit 4

I think unit 3 will be ok, but unit 4 I think will be a problem maybe due to the concept essays and also the structure of the exam
Original post by JPFM
So do I, I think i'll be alright for unit 3 but i'm not sure about unit 4

I totally agree! I have 5 exams left, I have two Law, two Biology and a Psychology exam to do.
Currently focusing on Psychology until Tuesday and then starting Law straight away.
I remember at the start of the year I was like 'I won't leave all my revision until before the exam...' here I am a week before and still haven't started!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by OrdinaryStudent
I think unit 3 will be ok, but unit 4 I think will be a problem maybe due to the concept essays and also the structure of the exam

No unit 4 is better imo. The essays are long but easy.
Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 10.14.13.png

This is my predictions table for the concepts essay for this year. When you look at the table i've done it purely based on the trends of the previous years. For example, each essay has come up twice apart from BCI hence why I think it will come up, plus Morals didnt come up last year hence why it will come up this year. I think it's a pretty even split between Fault and Judical creativity based on the trends but I guess if JC is a more popular subject they might put it in again? Deffo don't think it will be justice because that would make it 3 times in a row. What do you guys think? I know there are some conflicting thoughts about the justice essay coming up!
Could someone please tell me about the timings for each question.

I've heard that we have 30 minutes on the Unit 3 evaluation and 1 hour on the Unit 4 evaluation but I've also just seen someone say 1 hour 30 minutes for the Unit 4 evaluation.

I'm a bit confused :/

Help

Pls
Original post by sonicmailman
Could someone please tell me about the timings for each question.

I've heard that we have 30 minutes on the Unit 3 evaluation and 1 hour on the Unit 4 evaluation but I've also just seen someone say 1 hour 30 minutes for the Unit 4 evaluation.

I'm a bit confused :/

Help

Pls

??? the Unit 4 exam is 2 hours long, 1hr 30 mins for 35 marks? that means you only have 30 mins for 2 25 mark questions lol

We have 2 25 mark questions which we also need to do so probably around 40 mins on the concept essay as you will probably remember it by heart to write out
Do you think it's too risky to just brush over murder and voluntary evaluation question and learn non fatal and defences, knowing my luck it would be murder and voluntary again
Original post by Lpurgavie
Do you think it's too risky to just brush over murder and voluntary evaluation question and learn non fatal and defences, knowing my luck it would be murder and voluntary again

I think I might do that too, also im starting revision for this exam tomorrow/thursday how about you?
Does anyone have any suggestions for reducing the content of concepts essays for Law 4? I am happy with the content of mine but find it very hard to cover all areas of the specification in the time limit!
I really hope morality comes up for the concepts question because I take philosophy the content is much easier to understand. In unit 3 I think murder will come up as well as a non fatal offences question, I find gross negligent manslaughter and unlawful dangerous act manslaughter really difficult and I don't know why ahaha. I'm just praying for the murder/LOC/DR question!
Original post by jennivarden
I really hope morality comes up for the concepts question because I take philosophy the content is much easier to understand. In unit 3 I think murder will come up as well as a non fatal offences question, I find gross negligent manslaughter and unlawful dangerous act manslaughter really difficult and I don't know why ahaha. I'm just praying for the murder/LOC/DR question!

UNIT 3 tends to have both murder and invol manslaughter. For some reason i prefer invol manslaughter i feel the structure has a much better flow to it
Does anyone have any predictions for what unit 4 tort may be? Thanks
Is ahluwahlia for loss on control or diminished responsibility and is it depression or battered wife syndrome?
Original post by shaxmizzy
Is ahluwahlia for loss on control or diminished responsibility and is it depression or battered wife syndrome?

battered wife syndrome - diminished responsibility second part of the test
How much detail do we need to go into with case law? Can we just name drop, or do we need to state principles
Could someone please explain to me how to structure an essay on both unlawful act manslaughter and gross negligent manslaughter, which would get an A/A*
Original post by BristolStudent11
How much detail do we need to go into with case law? Can we just name drop, or do we need to state principles

I think you may need to address the point of law
For Unit 3, will AQA penalise me if I answer question 3 first? I feel like I'm going to need more thinking time for 1 & 2, so I'd rather at least have the discussion & reforms question finished as that's the one I'm the most confident with.
Original post by yumikerushi
For Unit 3, will AQA penalise me if I answer question 3 first? I feel like I'm going to need more thinking time for 1 & 2, so I'd rather at least have the discussion & reforms question finished as that's the one I'm the most confident with.

My teacher said you can answer questions in any order you want, as long as your write your question number. All this paper gets seperated anyway and is put in order, so it makes no difference.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Breynolds2671999
My teacher said you can answer questions in any order you want, as long as your write your question number. All this paper gets seperated anyway and is put in order, so it makes no difference.

Ah, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest