The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Religious Studies, Unit 3, Developments: What to revise?

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got any good material for unit 4? I'm doing philosophy of religion (A.J.Ayer, Westphal and Donovan).
Would be SO appreciated! Thanks :smile:
Original post by sophiehaddad
Has anyone got any good material for unit 4? I'm doing philosophy of religion (A.J.Ayer, Westphal and Donovan).
Would be SO appreciated! Thanks :smile:

In the same boat here! Any material i'd be so grateful for!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
Original post by gemstone100
I hope so. I really need an A and I know my other essays were a* but the religious language let me down so badly

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hate it when they ask about verification and falsification there's actually not much to say after you've said when they are and how they say RL is meaningless :frown:
Reply 63
Original post by Jt8146
For question 2(b)(ii) for Religious Langauge would you gain any credit for analogy, myth and symbol?

yeah I wrote about that but tried to make it about criticisms of verification and falsification just to link it to the q but they seem to be pretty relaxed so even if you did't you would probably gain some AO1 marks anyway
hey, how did everyone's religious studies exam go?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 65
Only just found this... That was quite an awkward paper, I did Ontological which was fine, Religious Language was weird, part (i) was fine but maybe not so much with (ii), I don't know why they split the questions like that, it's nice to be able to write a nice essay in one thing... Anyway... I was hoping for virtue ethics, but had a suspicion that it wouldn't come up, luckily I recapped some religion & morality. How did everyone else feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 66
Original post by TMC113
Only just found this... That was quite an awkward paper, I did Ontological which was fine, Religious Language was weird, part (i) was fine but maybe not so much with (ii), I don't know why they split the questions like that, it's nice to be able to write a nice essay in one thing... Anyway... I was hoping for virtue ethics, but had a suspicion that it wouldn't come up, luckily I recapped some religion & morality. How did everyone else feel?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i agree with you on the religious language thing it was weird, and annoying... it was okay i guess? I'm just glad it's out of the way as i have politics 4b tomorrow but ontological was ok and lucky i'd nml about two nights before just in case virtue didn't come up
Reply 67
Original post by At1045
I really hate it when they ask about verification and falsification there's actually not much to say after you've said when they are and how they say RL is meaningless :frown:

Well, it was about the view that language is meaningless with reference to Verification and falsification, so I discussed equivocal/univocal too, although I think you could write a lot just in the 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have bio tommorow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kagehina
yeah I did the same- not a big fan of religious language part (ii) like what did it want??? did it want religious language AND falsification AND verification??? weirdly worded but i agree i think it went ok

I did the exact same, the part (ii) was so odd and I did that question last so inevitably I ran out of time and went straight to the conclusion.
Reply 70
Original post by shanice9988
I did the exact same, the part (ii) was so odd and I did that question last so inevitably I ran out of time and went straight to the conclusion.

it was literally so weird I saw it and was like "why are you like this", i mean it could have been worse but i felt frustrated because there was no real opportunity to discuss analogies and so i didn't and idk i feel like my answer was weakened because of how weirdly it was worded and it's weird demands
Original post by kagehina
it was literally so weird I saw it and was like "why are you like this", i mean it could have been worse but i felt frustrated because there was no real opportunity to discuss analogies and so i didn't and idk i feel like my answer was weakened because of how weirdly it was worded and it's weird demands

I love the language games theory but it was applied in such a weird way that I struggled to work with it, it could have been a lot worse though tbh. I literally couldn't even finish so I had to add the conclusion last minute but I'm hoping that the ontological argument and deontology essays pull up my grade!
Reply 72
Original post by TMC113
Well, it was about the view that language is meaningless with reference to Verification and falsification, so I discussed equivocal/univocal too, although I think you could write a lot just in the 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I wrote about 2 and a half sides for it and used 4 scholars so I felt it was enough. There has been past questions that were pretty much the same as that one and it's been ok. So glad it's over though
Original post by Tezcatlipoca12
I did ontological, deontology and religious language and thought those 3 were okay questions. Worded slightly weird but it's fairly easy to adapt your answer to what they specifically ask so I think it went well overall.

I did exactly the same as you :smile: I found the deontology one hard tho just on what to write. Think it was the stress
Original post by Booka1997
I did exactly the same as you :smile: I found the deontology one hard tho just on what to write. Think it was the stress

I completely messed up my essays due to stress great :frown: im so disappointed ad i'd revised really well for it :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Does anyone know if you can still get a good mark for ao2 if your conclusion was one sentence long :colonhash: only happened in one of my essays :redface:
Reply 76
Original post by At1045
Does anyone know if you can still get a good mark for ao2 if your conclusion was one sentence long :colonhash: only happened in one of my essays :redface:

Yeah, should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Happy that papers over now but got think about implications now!! god i am so bad at it i dont even know how to tackle revising for it
Original post by coolting
Happy that papers over now but got think about implications now!! god i am so bad at it i dont even know how to tackle revising for it

do you have any notes??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Can anyone explain unit 4 to me, like what we have to revise? I'm self-teaching. And do you guys think I have enough time to revise if I start on the 15th to the 21st?

If anyone has any sampler essays or just notes that explain wtf the exam is about that would be appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending