The Student Room Group

C3 Maths A2 AQA 2016 (unofficial mark scheme new)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by beanigger
ok ive made corrections

you use area of triangle = 1/2ab and bobs ur uncle
**** me are you serious? I did that at first with the wrong co-ordinates, got the right co-ordinates then assumed that method was still wrong. I thought E^x would be curved but now I realise then it woudn't be a ****ing triangle

I'm an arse

I guess that doesn't matter, I'd need another 15 marks probably to get an A* and to get an A overall I need C's in the other papers. A* would be out of reach regardless
(edited 7 years ago)
yeah lol from O to A is a straight line
so is O to B so that forms a right angle
hence triangle
Original post by Sirelis
fak i got like 40 if I'm lucky

Same lmao
Reply 43
yeah lol from O to A is a straight line
so is O to B so that forms a right angle
hence triangle

Honestly I thought that the first time, then when I saw it was getting nowhere I changed my mind. Looking through this mark scheme I got between 45 and 49, Having gotten 70+ on every past paper I've done in the past week. Can't believe this.
Any ideas as to what the grade boundaries will be like ? considering last years was 57 for an A, hopefully this years will be lower.
roughly the same, but it will not be lower than 55 for an A
Original post by irMike
Honestly I thought that the first time, then when I saw it was getting nowhere I changed my mind. Looking through this mark scheme I got between 45 and 49, Having gotten 70+ on every past paper I've done in the past week. Can't believe this.

Well I think I got from around 60-64 assuming the worst; but that's assuming the way im distributing marks in questions I got wrong is correct; so that I get the method marks at least. By the way for the question leading up the sinx=2/3 or something; was that a question with a quadratic equation where you had to reject one of the values or am I remembering wrong. AND WHAT WAS THE QUESTION ITSELF????????
Reply 47
2e - integrate 5 then do your answer minus the answer from simpsons rule
Original post by Anon998

For that one you just get the answer from the previous question - 5(1.7-0.5); and since that is the value of the integral of the negative x^x you just change signs and it gives you 1.51 or something.
Reply 49
Original post by Anon998

Ahhh that's how you do it, I just did the simpsons rule again haha, for 2 marks will this even gain anything?
well aqa maths dont uusally give a lot of follow on marks, its usually just one M1 mark for applying a certain method so make sure you add it up right
Original post by matty9
Ahhh that's how you do it, I just did the simpsons rule again haha, for 2 marks will this even gain anything?

Not sure because I think it said using the previous answer but I don't remember jack ****.
59 a*
53 a
47 b
41 c
Reply 53
Original post by Parhomus
Not sure because I think it said using the previous answer but I don't remember jack ****.

Yes it said 'hence find an estimate' but wasn't sure what to do so did simpsons ruls again.
well aqa maths dont uusally give a lot of follow on marks, its usually just one M1 mark for applying a certain method so make sure you add it up right

Do you remember the question for the one about the area of the triangle :C. I managed to get m and n=3 but I don't know how. I just wanna check what I messed up to see how many marks i lost.
b) find gg(x) g(x) = 1/x therefore gg(x) = x [2]

I got gg(x) = x^4
as g(x) = 1/x^2

can you double check that one, not sure it's right
Original post by Sayless

I got gg(x) = x^4
as g(x) = 1/x^2

fg(x) means f(g(x)) so when you got the equation; g(x) wouldn't be 1/x^2 it would 1/x because the x in the f(x) just means the input and so g(x) could only be 1/x. I understand why it would make sense for it to be 1/x^2.
Reply 57
Original post by Sayless

I got gg(x) = x^4
as g(x) = 1/x^2

I put the same but it's wrong.

g(x) was 1/x because I forgot that in functions the entire x is replaced so it wasn't 1/x^2 can't remember the question so kinda hard to explain.
Original post by matty9
Yes! I got sinx = 2/3 then used pythag to get cosx = root5/3

Then subbing these into the orginal equation gave me -1/5 root 5 but I don't know how correct that is

sub into sin^2(x) +cos^2(x) = 1
Reply 59
Original post by alikhaliq
sub into sin^2(x) +cos^2(x) = 1

Why sub into that?? The eqn was something like f(x) = sec x + tan x so you had to do (1 / cos x) + (sin x / cos x) right?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending