The Student Room Group

Girl stabbed in France by man trying to ‘make sacrifice for Ramadan’

teenage girl was seriously injured in a stabbing attack in western France when a man assaulted her on the street. The attacker, who has a history of psychiatric problems, claimed that he needed to make “a sacrifice for Ramadan.”

The girl, 19, was stabbed two times in the wrist and once in abdomen, Rennes prosecutor Nicolas Jacquet told journalists, adding that her wounds are not life-threating.

A suspected attacker, who police and justice sources have named as 25-year-old Larossi Abballa, who stabbed a police commander to death outside his home and later killed his partner on Monday in an attack in Magnanville, France.

The girl’s assailant told a witness that he was a Muslim. He was immediately detained by police at the scene of the crime and later told officers that he was obeying voices in his head that had ordered him to make a sacrifice for Ramadan, the holy Muslim month of fasting that began on June 6.

“Voices told him that he had to make a sacrifice on the occasion of Ramadan,” Jacquet told AFP.

Read More:
https://www.rt.com/news/346679-france-girl-stabbed-ramadan/

Scroll to see replies

Can we settle this now that in this instance it was simply a man not taking his medication and not some grand Muslim conspiracy.
Reply 2
Cannibalism isn't an Islamic thing lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheyHateUs
teenage girl was seriously injured in a stabbing attack in western France when a man assaulted her on the street. The attacker, who has a history of psychiatric problems, claimed that he needed to make “a sacrifice for Ramadan.”

The girl, 19, was stabbed two times in the wrist and once in abdomen, Rennes prosecutor Nicolas Jacquet told journalists, adding that her wounds are not life-threating.

A suspected attacker, who police and justice sources have named as 25-year-old Larossi Abballa, who stabbed a police commander to death outside his home and later killed his partner on Monday in an attack in Magnanville, France.

The girl’s assailant told a witness that he was a Muslim. He was immediately detained by police at the scene of the crime and later told officers that he was obeying voices in his head that had ordered him to make a sacrifice for Ramadan, the holy Muslim month of fasting that began on June 6.

“Voices told him that he had to make a sacrifice on the occasion of Ramadan,” Jacquet told AFP.

Read More:
https://www.rt.com/news/346679-france-girl-stabbed-ramadan/

There's your answer to any argument you're about to cause here :smile:
More and more crazy stories each day
Reply 5
Thank God it's just someone hearing voices in their head as opposed to someone believing the Earth and the trillions of stars were made by a spirit.
Reply 6
"History of psychiatric problems" well there you go. And sacrifice for Ramadan....:facepalm::dots:
Shake my head
Strong post to avatar and username ratio.
Reply 9
Original post by SMEGGGY
Cannibalism isn't an Islamic thing l

Who mentioned that? The article certainly doesn't.
Original post by GEEKSruletheworld!
There's your answer to any argument you're about to cause here :smile:

Not really, many mentally ill people hear voices but most of those voices aren't necessarily telling them to murder people because they'd need an outside influence for that and oh wait we have it.....quran.
Original post by animus1
Who mentioned that? The article certainly doesn't.
"Cannibalism isn't an Islamic thing l" I think that poster was implying that the mental guy was trying to sacrifice her because at the end of Ramadan, Muslims sacrifice cattle then share out all the meat with the poor and needy in the community to make sure everyone gets to eat. That's literally the whole point at the end when they celebrate eid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jebedee
Not really, many mentally ill people hear voices but most of those voices aren't necessarily telling them to murder people because they'd need an outside influence for that and oh wait we have it.....quran.

Have you even read the Qur'an? Yeah I thought not.

“Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

“Whoever kills a person [unjustly]…it is as though he has killed all mankind. And whoever saves a life, it is as though he had saved all mankind.” (Qur’an, 5:32)

What happened to context? Isn't that what you apologists run to whenever you are confronted with verses?
Reply 14

Why have you only included a section of 5:32?

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/quran/verses/005-qmt.php#005.032
YUSUFALI: On that account: We ordained for the Children of Israel that if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people. Then although there came to them Our messengers with clear signs, yet, even after that, many of them continued to commit excesses in the land.

Here is what follows in 5:33
YUSUFALI: The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His Messenger, and strive with might and main for mischief through the land is: execution, or crucifixion, or the cutting off of hands and feet from opposite sides, or exile from the land: that is their disgrace in this world, and a heavy punishment is theirs in the Hereafter;
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aceadria

Original post by animus1

Look I'd love to stay and chat (not) but I have a biology exam tomorrow so peace out. I will reply to you properly if I'm actually bothered.
Original post by animus1

Look I'd love to stay and chat (not) but I have a biology exam tomorrow so peace out. I will reply to you properly if I'm actually bothered.

Shame. I had high hopes for you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Aceadria
Shame. I had high hopes for you.

Looks like a quote block was shifted, I think you meant @GEEKSruletheworld!

Hopefully he/she will be back.

Now read the very next verse please.
Original post by animus1
Looks like a quote block was shifted, I think you meant @GEEKSruletheworld!

Hopefully he/she will be back.

Indeed, apologies.

Quick Reply