The Student Room Group

Any funny exam experiences?

Scroll to see replies

Had an A level exam once and all the year 10 BTECers must have been in for their foundation English language or something. They kept making noises and whispering to each other, and there were too many of them for the invigilators to do anything. I didnt find it very funny but those ***** thought they were hilarious.
Original post by JordanL_
Had an A level exam once and all the year 10 BTECers must have been in for their foundation English language or something. They kept making noises and whispering to each other, and there were too many of them for the invigilators to do anything. I didnt find it very funny but those ***** thought they were hilarious.

M8 I feel for you. I may have scraped Cs at GCSE for english but they shouldve passed the first time.
Original post by cookie123456789
The other day in my GCSE Chemistry exam I was wearing novelty Christmas socks. By accident they went off and started playing Christmas tunes. The examiner confiscated my socks. Me and my friends found this hilarious! :gigg:

Also, my friend wet herself in the first Maths exam because she didn't want to go to the toilet and not complete the paper. She had to rush to the toilet straight after without anyone noticing... :teehee: hehe

Have you had any funny (or embarrassing) exam experiences like me and my friend?

The sock story is hilarious! Did you have to take them off in the exam hall?!
Original post by Lularose83
The sock story is hilarious! Did you have to take them off in the exam hall?!

Yeah the examiner made me! She was just stood there in front of me whilst I took them off. I was trying not to laugh and the people around me kept looking over and were trying not to laugh as well. And to make matters even worse and funny, I suddenly realised that my feet really stank. But I just grinned and handed my socks over to the examiner who was just looking at me in disgust haha it was hilarious XD after the exam I had to wait behind to get my socks lol and all my friends were outside the hall laughing their heads off
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah the examiner made me! She was just stood there in front of me whilst I took them off. I was trying not to laugh and the people around me kept looking over and were trying not to laugh as well. And to make matters even worse and funny, I suddenly realised that my feet really stank. But I just grinned and handed my socks over to the examiner who was just looking at me in disgust haha it was hilarious XD after the exam I had to wait behind to get my socks lol and all my friends were outside the hall laughing their heads off

That is literally my worst nightmare! 😂
Reply 85
Haha, the sock story is the funniest thing I've heard all week :biggrin:
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Suffice it to say this is clearly a lie, stop pandering towards users who cherish the memories of the Inbetweeners', we know this either didn't happen or was exaggerated to attract rep points :wink:

No, I am not lying and I don't see why I would lie about it... Stop stalking my posts older brother
We were doing a mock biology test and there was this huge crash from the front of the room I looked up just in time to see my teacher fall of the stool backwards my whole class were in fits for about five minutes the sock story is amazing btw 😆
Omg your socks really made me laugh! :biggrin:
The other day in my GCSE Chemistry exam I was wearing novelty Christmas socks. By accident they went off and started playing Christmas tunes. The examiner confiscated my socks. Me and my friends found this hilarious! :gigg:

r u David.

Back when I was taking my Biology As I noticed approx halfway through the exam that my friend had finished, he was just sat there looking bored. I continued doing my paper, finished it with about 10 mins to spare. At around 5 mins left we both decided to have a flick through and check we were happy with our answers/no stupid errors.

He suddenly starts writing frantically for the remaining 5 minutes - turns out he's accidentally turned two pages and hadn't finished a third of the exam paper, which is why he finished so early.

Idiot.
Original post by Anon_98
r u David.

Oh lol! Someone else had the same problem? Haha no I'm not. My socks played we wish you a merry Christmas :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
I've had a few:
-we heard a phone vibrating in the hall so everyone started looking round to see who's it was. After like 30 seconds one of the invigilators slowly walked to the front in shame because it was her phone
-one of the invigilators tripped over a desk (they didn't fall though)
-in our PE exam music started blasting from the assembly hall next door but it was so strange I couldn't stop laughing
-in my geography mock in year 10 (this was a while ago) everyone thought it would be hysterical to start coughing non-stop 20 minutes in. The panic on the English teachers' faces who were invigilating was priceless as they didn't know what to do with all these coughing teenagers
-we once had a German past paper that pretty much featured incest
-in yesterday's chemistry exam there was a spelling error, but unlike your meant to, our exams officer wouldn't let us open our papers to correct it, which one of the invigilators knew was wrong. So instead of arguing with her he just put his hands in the air and shouted "PAGE 8!!!" and we all started laughing
-one of the invigilators fell asleep and started snoring
-in our year 11 mocks they forgot to tell the foundation people to stop (as they had a shorter exam) so they were all sat there for half an hour with nothing to do
-someone's phone kept going off in the maths exam so he asked to go to the toilet (so he could turn it off sneakily) but it went off as the invigilator was next to him as he was asking. She didn't hear though.
My best friend fell asleep and everyone had left the exam hall and she was still in there. She looked like a soggy pair of trousers left to dry, bless her
my stomach growled in the middle of my GCSE German listening exam.

you know when the person on the tape goes silent and gives you time to write - yeah it chose to growl then. :frown:

like battleships the people surrounding my desk turned around to look at me.

*embarrassing*
Original post by 09HB

3) Standing next to the child they thought was the most insecure and reading over their shoulders

They did that to me in my Science and then walked away saying oh dear trying to make me second guess my self i got 90% in that paper.
Original post by 09HB
They are!! One of our teachers was telling us about when he used to do invigilating, and what games he used to play. There are only three that I remember:

1) Pacman with the other invigilators around the desks

2) Doing funny things such as the YMCA (He's 20 stone) at the back of the hall to make the ones at the front laugh

3) Standing next to the child they thought was the most insecure and reading over their shoulders

I would have so much fun as an invigilator XD

They did that one to me and as he walked away i he'd him say "oh dear" but still got the top grade on the paper like I;d get less than 80% in a science exam.
Reply 97
Original post by username2324315
In my French Listening exam a few weeks ago the CD player broke and repeated the same word "departez" over and over again.. the invigilator was quite old and didn't know how to fix it :biggrin: It made me smile during the worst listening exam I've ever done :redface:

I also had a similar experience. In my Chinese listening exam two days ago the computer broke down and the first 20 seconds of the conversation was repeated over and over again. That recording comes back every night after that and it haunts me
Reply 98
I was the only person with extra time in one of my exams and the examiner gave the instructions to the whole room and then came and explained them again to me as if I was a five year old yikes
In my final Maths gcse paper, right in the midst of it someone's phone rang: Rockabye by Clean Bandit was the ringtone. The worst thing was the invigilators just stood there like statues as we were all looking about for a source.

Quick Reply

Latest